PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Poll Bumps Florida to #2 ahead of Michigan

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-03-2006, 01:51 PM
And the first shoe drops...

BeerIsGood!
12-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I think Florida deserves it. They won the SEC with only one loss - and beat a good Arkansas team yesterday. Both Michigan and Florida deserve it, but this system just likes to fuck people over.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-03-2006, 02:06 PM
What would be awesome is to see whoever gets snubbed file a lawsuit against the NCAA and B(c)S to force them to trash the system and go to a true playoff.

Getting tired of all this shit constantly happening every year.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-03-2006, 02:34 PM
^every year except last :smokin

ABDENOUR POWER
12-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Bullshit.

SrA Husker
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Nebraska drops to 22 in both the Coaches and AP poll.

I'm satisfied. That's showing some respect, considering we now have 4 losses.

JoeChalupa
12-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Need to have playoffs but there is simply too much money in the Bowl System.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Need to have playoffs but there is simply too much money in the Bowl System.

Right, and they could have even more money if they kept the bowl system and had a four game playoff for the rest. There's enough TV money out there being offered for a playoff to make EVERY DI school happy about a playoff.

The problem isn't the bowls. It's the fact that the power conferences (SEC, B10, B12, ACC, Pac-10, Big East) don't like the idea of any of the mid-majors spoiling the party and winning what they feel is their (the power conferences) championship money.

JamStone
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Oh well. Shit happens. We all know it's a flawed system. The BCS people know it's a flawed system. But, it's the system in place right now. You gotta roll with it. Michigan needs to concentrate on USC and the Rose Bowl.

If USC won yesterday, I wonder if Florida still would have jumped Michigan. I doubt it.

But, oh well.

MosesGuthrie
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Right, and they could have even more money if they kept the bowl system and had a four game playoff for the rest. There's enough TV money out there being offered for a playoff to make EVERY DI school happy about a playoff.

The problem isn't the bowls. It's the fact that the power conferences (SEC, B10, B12, ACC, Pac-10, Big East) don't like the idea of any of the mid-majors spoiling the party and winning what they feel is their (the power conferences) championship money.

Nailed it with this post.

CBS paid almost $1B for the NCAA Hoops tourney. Imagine what the networks would give up for a D-1 football playoff?

The thing that makes me laugh is that the lower three divisions (including D-3 where the real students play) can do this but the big boys with all the money can't?