PDA

View Full Version : The Rome radio show (props for the Spurs)

Rick Von Braun
11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I am listening to him and he said (paraphrasing):

"The last two Lakers games are a compressed version of the season to come. They look good in the opener, winning convincingly, and then they got destroyed by a good but not great team like Utah. You are looking at a .500 team right there. Lakers fans, you better get accoustomed to this. Kobe gets 38 points and the Lakers were not even in the game, breaking records low in 3 offensive categories. Kobe, you wanted this, you pushed the big fella out of the organization, now you run the show and it is your team. You can argue that this was a back-to-back game, but good playoff teams would at least compete in those situations. And Utah is no San Antonio."

"It seems that the Sacramento window is closed. They are getting destroyed in the Texas trip and they just don't have the firepower and chemistry they had before."

"San Antonio is looking good. Tim Duncan is his usual self, Manu Ginobili is an emergent star, and Brent Barry... how unfair is to put one of the best 3 point shooters in a team like that?" http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Spurminator
11-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I don't think LA is going to look like either of the first two games. Denver was awful in the first game, and LA was awful in the second.

If Vlade and Grant can heal up, I expect them to win the division.

On the other hand, Utah looks very impressive.

BigVee
11-04-2004, 01:33 PM
I agree with that. I cannot stand Kobe or the Lakers but I wouldn't bury them just yet. They have a lot of fire power and on those nights they hit their shots, and at home they will be tough to beat. We'll have a better idea after Friday.

tlongII
11-04-2004, 03:07 PM
I think Phoenix will win that division. The Lakers will be mediocre at best.

T Park
11-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I just dont see where everyone thinks the Lakers are gonna improve.

They zero inside players.

They have about 3 good players TOPS.

Who else?? Mihm? Brian Grant? Chucky Atkins?

Come on people wake up, mediocre, 500 finish, no playoffs.

BOOK IT

Spurminator
11-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Vlade Divac is still a top 10 all-around center and will be great for team chemistry. He, Kobe, Odom and Butler will be a dangerous foursome.

TwoHandJam
11-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I don't think they'll be as bad as some suspect but Vlade is no longer a real inside presence and Grant looks to be real fragile. Their lack of an interior presence will be their undoing, especially if they make the playoffs.