PDA

View Full Version : Michael Finley and His Ball Control

Ronaldo McDonald
12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Although I have been a fan of the NBA for a while, I hadn't noticed Michael Finley was such a bad dribbler before this season. I never really questioned it because he's been a spot-up shooter for most of his career (or at least with Dallas, I dont know about his time in Phoenix), and so I never really had seen him put the ball on the floor.

Maybe it's just me, but lately I've noticed that both his dribbling and decision making have been so bad. Has he always been bad at dribbling and making in game decisions, or is it maybe linked to his, as of late, poor shooting and obvious lack of confidence, or maybe even his old age? He just seems like he doesnt know what to do when he puts the ball on the floor, he just looks really nervous.

In other words has he always been a crappy dribbler, and a, for the most part, one dimensional player?

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2006, 03:58 AM
which ball ur talkin about?

Kori Ellis
12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
maybe even his old age?

:lol He's 33.

He's never been an awesome ball handler/dribbler, but he's not a bad decision maker.

Please_dont_ban_me
12-04-2006, 04:50 AM
That's just not his game...

Like Rodman wasn't a shooter. Shaq can't hit free-throws. And Tony Parker can't thrown down facials on...well, anybody. That doesnt' take away from his game it's just the way he has always been. Like Kori said.

His thing is, catch and shoot. If a defenders in his face...pump-fake, side step then shoot. He used to have sick hops and could dunk over you (some of which we saw in the Dallas series last year) but he's basically a black steve kerr right now.

Kori Ellis
12-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Well not exactly the black Steve Kerr. Finley can dunk. He can cut and move. He can defend much better than Kerr. He's not just a one dimensional spot up shooter. All I meant is that he's never been a great dribbler.

Please_dont_ban_me
12-04-2006, 05:19 AM
Have we forgotten SJax's dribbling skills? Finley is fucking Hot Sauce compared to him.

phxspurfan
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
sJax is more of a clutch shooter though. you see his last game winner? ice cold

JamStone
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Should ask Reggie Evans for some tips.

:lol

Shut up! You guys were thinking it too.

nkdlunch
12-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Finley can't dribble? not shit

at least we don't have the retarder dribbler Antoine Walker. :lol he cracks me up when he dribbles

BigBinBigD
12-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Why do you think noone in Dallas was upset when the Mavs let Finley go? We've joked for years how it looks like he has mitts on when he dribbles. As for his shooting, he shot us out of more games than than into. He was a pretty good player on a lousy team. To count on any more than that is a mistake. Ten minutes here or there to see if his shot is on is all that you can expect. He rarely has gone to the hole for a bunch of years now.