PDA

View Full Version : Bush Accepts Boltons Resignation...

01Snake
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Bush accepted resignation of U.N. Ambassador John Bolton when recess appointment expires..

Per Drudge

boutons_
12-04-2006, 09:40 AM
What a shame. The consummate, highly effective, results-oriented, ally-making "diplomat" is resigning. snif snif snif

You're doing a heckuva job, dubya.

xrayzebra
12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
^^It is a shame. He was a good man. An honest man with
integrity. Something you are unable to recognize.

George Gervin's Afro
12-04-2006, 10:30 AM

How do you know this ray? many of the folks who worked with and for him have exaclty the opposite view of him.. I know anything GOP = integrity

clambake
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
How do you find integrity in towing his companys line? He was just a parrot.

Ya Vez
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
so where are the complaints from him working at the UN this last term?

boutons_
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
"working at the UN this last term"

list his accomplishments

John Bolton
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM

Thank you for your support but my integrity and honesty could no longer support a president who lacks both.

101A
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
...when we stick our dicks down peoples throats itll be coated in cotton candy

married 17 years...taking notes.

xrayzebra
12-04-2006, 04:57 PM
bolton hasn't done anything wrong (yet that we know of), he's the wrong person for this diplomatic post. guy's an asshole. that's the image bush wanted for the u.s. but we need a shirley temple-esque ambassador so at least when we stick our dicks down peoples throats itll be coated in cotton candy

You hit the nail on the head for most folks. He
talked honestly and straightforward. Which in
this day and time is not allowed or is addressed
as hate talk.

The United Nations is a misnomer, no way, shape
or fashion is it United or a group of nations that
want to accomplish anything. No one but the
conservatives will admit to it. They, the UN, has
nothing to show for anything in the past 20 years.

Bob Lanier
12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
So now the U.N. is a failure because it isn't a one-world government?

Here I was thinking that the international system of handling the more important things in life - like, say, public health - was moderately successful, but xray wants more black helicopters.

I'm confused.

Yonivore
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
So now the U.N. is a failure because it isn't a one-world government?
No, it's a failure because it's patently and blatantly anti-American and anti-Semitic.

Here I was thinking that the international system of handling the more important things in life - like, say, public health - was moderately successful, but xray wants more black helicopters.

I'm confused.
I should say so. Checked out who they have leading the U.N. Human Rights Committee lately?

I say we should withdraw our membership from the U.N., foreclose on the property they occupy and give all the delegates 24 hours to vacate prior to the commencement of demolition.

xrayzebra
12-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I know Bob. But take a little more of Prince Valium
and you wont hear those helicopters and be so confused.

And do you mean like banning DDT, which brought back
malaria?

Bob Lanier
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Checked out who they have leading the U.N. Human Rights Committee lately?
Now that's one aspect of the current international system I completely agree with conservatives on. No body should be allowed to intervene in the internal affairs of any sovereign state to enforce so-called "human rights".

You seem to be saying that the U.N. should be generally dedicated to enforcing American interests; in other words, a broadly expansive government to which everyone but the Americans (and Israelis, of course) are subject. Very convenient.

DDT
I must be clairvoyant.

Yonivore
12-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Now that's one aspect of the current international system I completely agree with conservatives on. No body should be allowed to intervene in the internal affairs of any sovereign state to enforce so-called "human rights".

You seem to be saying that the U.N. should be generally dedicated to enforcing American interests; in other words, a broadly expansive government to which everyone but the Americans (and Israelis, of course) are subject. Very convenient.
Nope, and I'll be very clear for you; I'm saying the U.N. should revert back to what it does best, delivering bandaids and rice, and leave geopolitics to the adults.

I must be clairvoyant.
Yeah, that's it.

Bob Lanier
12-04-2006, 05:57 PM
the U.N. should revert back to what it does best, delivering bandaids and rice
Which it does.

and leave geopolitics
In what way is the U.N. involving itself in geopolitics in any significant sense? The non-binding, non-enforceable resolutions it passes from time to time are no more noteworthy than those the U.S. congress (or any other legislative body) frequently wastes time on. They don't represent policy.

xrayzebra
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
^^They don't? Do you listen to the dimm-o-craps or
better still to those who oppose our foreign policies?

cheguevara
12-04-2006, 06:33 PM
and the avalanche of Bush's mistakes being acknowledged continues

clambake
12-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't get why other countries aren't thrilled with our foreign policies. As a matter of fact, if they don't shut their mouth, we should shut it for them.

I think the pres. has made his position clear. (this should please some of you)

He considers Iraq to be a new birth of democracy, which must also mean he's not pro-choice when conception occurs through forcible rape.

jochhejaam
12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
How do you know this ray? many of the folks who worked with and for him have exaclty the opposite view of him.. I know anything GOP = integrity
Link please, where many of the folks who worked with him said he was dishonest and without integrity.

Thanks.

PixelPusher
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Nope, and I'll be very clear for you; I'm saying the U.N. should revert back to what it does best, delivering bandaids and rice, and leave geopolitics to the adults.

Adults? Who might those be? Please name names.

exstatic
12-04-2006, 07:38 PM
He considers Iraq to be a new birth of democracy, which must also mean he's not pro-choice when conception occurs through forcible rape.
Oh, fucking SNAP.

exstatic
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I also love all of the Democratic obstruction spin. Helllloooooo? Republican congress? Your own party did you in.

xrayzebra
12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
and the avalanche of Bush's mistakes being acknowledged continues

I haven't seen yet on his foreign policy. avalanche?

Don't think so, except on the left! :donkey

smeagol
12-05-2006, 07:24 AM
No, it's a failure because it's patently and blatantly anti-American and anti-Semitic.

Instead of crying that the World is anti-American, why don't you try to figure out why is it that countries distrust America.

By the way, the UN is not anti-American, some of it's representatives are.

I say we should withdraw our membership from the U.N., foreclose on the property they occupy and give all the delegates 24 hours to vacate prior to the commencement of demolition.

Funny you say this about the UN when those famous UN resolution violations are the only cause for the Iraq war that is remotley close to being legit.

Ironic.

George Gervin's Afro
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Instead of crying that the World is anti-American, why don't you try to figure out why is it that countries distrust America.

By the way, the UN is not anti-American, some of it's representatives are.

Funny you say this about the UN when those famous UN resolution violations are the only cause for the Iraq war that is remotley close to being legit.

Ironic.

Of course Yoni's dances around instances like this.. According to him and his ilk the UN is useless and should be kicked out of the USA... Yet he then turns around and uses the UN (the same one he wants to kick out and says should stay out of the world of geopolitics) as justification for the unecessary war.. Then after the President, 5 deferrment dick ,and Dummy Rumsfled diss the UN and thumb their nose at them and the rest of the world ( "We will go it alone if necessary..") the administration has to go back and beg for help in Iraq.. Yes my friends they went asking for assistance from the same body Yoni has just said "should stay out of political and world affairs and let the adults" handle these issues... The rest of the world has always questioned our motives because of our "do as we say and not as we do".. policies but Bush and the boys have taken it (distrust) to a whole new level.

Back to Bolton.. Bush and his flock now say he went to 'reform' the UN.. very confusing isn't it.. So Now I can assume that Yoni was not in favor of Bolton trying to reform the UN

Yonivore
12-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Of course Yoni's dances around instances like this.. According to him and his ilk the UN is useless and should be kicked out of the USA... Yet he then turns around and uses the UN (the same one he wants to kick out and says should stay out of the world of geopolitics) as justification for the unecessary war.. Then after the President, 5 deferrment dick ,and Dummy Rumsfled diss the UN and thumb their nose at them and the rest of the world ( "We will go it alone if necessary..") the administration has to go back and beg for help in Iraq.. Yes my friends they went asking for assistance from the same body Yoni has just said "should stay out of political and world affairs and let the adults" handle these issues... The rest of the world has always questioned our motives because of our "do as we say and not as we do".. policies but Bush and the boys have taken it (distrust) to a whole new level.

Back to Bolton.. Bush and his flock now say he went to 'reform' the UN.. very confusing isn't it.. So Now I can assume that Yoni was not in favor of Bolton trying to reform the UN
Well, there was the chance that Bolton could have brought some relevance to the organization but, yeah, you're right...I'm back to wanting them disbanded and tossed from Turtle Bay.