View Full Version : Jay Cut-ler

RealEstateDude
12-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Plays like a skeerd lil boy :wtf :madrun

He never seemed to relax :bang

The Chargers are gonna gobble his ass up next week :pctoss

Fillmoe
12-05-2006, 12:02 AM
hes a rookie..... how else do u want him to play?

Bo Malette
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Which makes the broncos all the more laughable as a franchise. Why start a rookie over Jake fuckign Plummer. The Broncos are a doucheable joke.

dg7md
12-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Plummer >>> Cutler

I like Jake, I'm not a big Broncos fan but I like to see them do well.

Fillmoe
12-05-2006, 02:55 AM
plummer is ass

JMarkJohns
12-05-2006, 03:02 AM
.... how else do u want him to play?

Much better after learning to know better...

In other words, not right now.

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Which makes the broncos all the more laughable as a franchise. Why start a rookie over Jake fuckign Plummer. The Broncos are a doucheable joke.

Yes, the winningest franchise over the past decade, what a "doucheable joke". :rolleyes

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Cutler will be fine. He played like a rookie on Sunday night, Broncos fans had hoped for more, but realistically, we all knew deep down that this would happen. He'll be fine, he'll keep progressing.

As for those that think benching Jake was a mistake, you obviously haven't watched every game the Broncos have played with Plummer at QB over the past several years. The Broncos were winning in spite of Jake, not because of him. He made the type of mistakes Cutler made EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME and cost us more then just a few games. The players and coaches knew it was time for a change and Cutler is clearly the best Quarterback on the roster. Plummer doesn't beat Seattle, San Diego, or Cincinnati, all teams remaining on the schedule at the time of the switch so they knew they should at least get their future star some playing time and maybe, just maybe the team would rally around him and all perform better. That didn't really happen (see receivers unable to create seperation) and it remains to be seen if it will happen down the stretch of the last four games.

leemajors
12-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Cutler will be fine. He played like a rookie on Sunday night, Broncos fans had hoped for more, but realistically, we all knew deep down that this would happen. He'll be fine, he'll keep progressing.

As for those that think benching Jake was a mistake, you obviously haven't watched every game the Broncos have played with Plummer at QB over the past several years. The Broncos were winning in spite of Jake, not because of him. He made the type of mistakes Cutler made EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME and cost us more then just a few games. The players and coaches knew it was time for a change and Cutler is clearly the best Quarterback on the roster. Plummer doesn't beat Seattle, San Diego, or Cincinnati, all teams remaining on the schedule at the time of the switch so they knew they should at least get their future star some playing time and maybe, just maybe the team would rally around him and all perform better. That didn't really happen (see receivers unable to create seperation) and it remains to be seen if it will happen down the stretch of the last four games.

plummer played pretty good last year right up to their last game. this year he seems to have reverted a bit. you don't think he played a good game vs new england int he playoffs last year?

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
plummer played pretty good last year right up to their last game. this year he seems to have reverted a bit. you don't think he played a good game vs new england int he playoffs last year?

Plummer did have a good year last year but he plays to what the defense does versus their offense. If the Defense is playing sound football and the ends are staying home (which they have been all season because teams now prepare for the bootleg) then Plummer is completely worthless.
Bottom line is, people think this was a desperation move but anyone that has watched all the games knows, it was out of necessity, not desperation. Defenses were taking away the only thing that made Plummer effective and the only thing you had left was a guy that doesn't read coverages and constantly tries to thread the needle through several defenders (which he lacks the ability to do so successfully).

At the end of the day, the entire offense is playing piss poor and the coaches aren't making adjustments. The offensive line can't pass protect, the receivers can't get any seperation, and then it's the quarterback after those two issues. The season ending injury to our best offensive player (Matt Lepsis) the first game of the season has hamstrung this offense more then any Broncos fan thought it would have and it's showing in the final score.

Cutler will be fine, as poor as he played on Sunday, he showed a few flashes of his true ability, he was just too amped up as well as too hesitant and nervous (like rookies should be). Plus, he didn't play any worse then Plummer has played ALL FUCKING SEASON. Like I said before, the Broncos were winning in spite of Plummer rather then because of Plummer.

RealEstateDude
12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
hes a rookie..... how else do u want him to play?

I guess Big Ben was a fluke
:donkey

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I guess Big Ben was a fluke
:donkey

Big Ben was a fluke. Look how he's played this season when his team around him is just average.

My God, I would imagine you were being sarcastic and you are actually trying to imply that Ben is the standard as far as how rookie quarterbacks play/have played in the NFL.

What a stupid fucking comment........you're an idiot.

BeerIsGood!
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Were the Broncos 7-4 when they went to Cutler? I don't think I would ever go to a rookie QB with a winning record and probably playoff appearance looming ahead. By the time Cutler even begins to show promise this season will be over and next season will have begun.

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Were the Broncos 7-4 when they went to Cutler? I don't think I would ever go to a rookie QB with a winning record and probably playoff appearance looming ahead. By the time Cutler even begins to show promise this season will be over and next season will have begun.

Normally I'd agree with this, however, he couldn't and won't play any worse then Plummer has played up until this point of the season. Plus, you know as well as I do, that Plummer doesn't give you a chance to win a Super Bowl. If you know this, then why bother continuing with him?

BeerIsGood!
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Normally I'd agree with this, however, he couldn't and won't play any worse then Plummer has played up until this point of the season. Plus, you know as well as I do, that Plummer doesn't give you a chance to win a Super Bowl. If you know this, then why bother continuing with him?

I see your point, and after thinking about it you are right here. It's similar to the Bledsoe problem in Dallas, and I think the Broncos will be better served in the future by going to Cutler now. It's just a shame that they have come to this at a point where they were 7-4.

While the issue at QB is very important, I think the bigger issue may be the defense. I know the D started the season on an unbelieveable high and no one can keep that up, but they seem to have fallen off quite a bit recently. Since you watch the Broncos much more than I do, has the defense fallen off greatly or is the offense more to blame for not doing anything?

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I see your point, and after thinking about it you are right here. It's similar to the Bledsoe problem in Dallas, and I think the Broncos will be better served in the future by going to Cutler now. It's just a shame that they have come to this at a point where they were 7-4.

While the issue at QB is very important, I think the bigger issue may be the defense. I know the D started the season on an unbelieveable high and no one can keep that up, but they seem to have fallen off quite a bit recently. Since you watch the Broncos much more than I do, has the defense fallen off greatly or is the offense more to blame for not doing anything?

The Defense is essentially the same defense they had last season, so I don't know what was going on in the beginning of the season other then the fact that they weren't putting together the blitz packages that they were playing with last season and I don't think opponents were ready for it at the beginning of the season. Since then (and since Indy exposed them), teams are just letting receivers find cushions in the zones the Broncos have been playing and dinking and dunking us to death (not to mention we have no fucking pass rush whatsoever). Teams also figured out that as long as you throw it away from Champ, the other side of the secondary is average at best (although I think Williams will get better). In regards to run defense, teams have figured out that you absolutely cannot go outside the tackles against the speed of our linebackers so they are going up the middle where we tend to be a little soft. The other problem with the defense, which normally wouldn't be a problem if you had an offense that averaged more then 17 points a game, is that they play "bend, don't break", which means they allow field goals and such.

Having said all that, the defense is still playing very good football but there isn't much you can do when your offense continues to turn the ball over in Denver territory at least twice a game. When any NFL team only has to drive the ball 30 yards, bad things happen for your defense because you have to "press" so much.

I don't know, either way, three weeks ago I was planning what to do during the bye week of the playoffs and now the Broncos essentially have to win out to make it. :madrun

BeerIsGood!
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
That's interesting to know. I knew Plummer wasn't productive, but I didn't realize he was turning the ball over that much. Those turnovers absolutely kill a good defense that would shut down a lot of people if the opposing offense had to continuously drive 80+ yards to score.

TheSanityAnnex
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for tossing in the towel early Broncos, you just made the road to the SuperBowl that much easier.

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for tossing in the towel early Broncos, you just made the road to the SuperBowl that much easier.

Hey, the Steelers were 7-5 last season............it can happen again.........can't it?

Slinkyman
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
number 1: it was his first game and played like it, truth is had they won the game(which they should have) people would not be talking about it the way he played. Actually i've seen mike vick play worse and get called the greatest ever. BTW how did Romo look his first game? 3 INTs remember?

number 2: Starting Cutler now is the best move for the franchise now and the future. If we make the playoffs and Cutler gets going great. If not he'll get his lumps in this season and can be ready to go next year. Jake wasn't going to get it done for us period.

number 3: Saying, "you're x-x how can you bench your starting QB" is a retarded statement. A player is judged by his performance not the teams record and achievements, ie no one thinks Steve Kerr or Robert Horry are great players because they have a 5 and 6 rings respectively.

RealEstateDude
12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Big Ben was a fluke. Look how he's played this season when his team around him is just average.

My God, I would imagine you were being sarcastic and you are actually trying to imply that Ben is the standard as far as how rookie quarterbacks play/have played in the NFL.

What a stupid fucking comment........you're an idiot.

Calm down bitch, it was more like wishful thinking than anything else
:nope

ducks
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
cutler=3 turnovers first game

I would not say he was better then plummer
Plummer would have beaten seatle
because bell run over 100 yards in the first half
when has plummer ever gotten that out of a running back this year

leemajors
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
denver isn't getting much of a push with their front four. the cleveland/dallas castoff d-line was playing over their heads for a while it seems.

TheSanityAnnex
12-06-2006, 01:28 AM
denver isn't getting much of a push with their front four. the cleveland/dallas castoff d-line was playing over their heads for a while it seems.

After the stunt Nalen pulled, the Denver line has had a close eye on them. My prophecy has rang true.

johnsmith
12-06-2006, 09:59 AM
cutler=3 turnovers first game

I would not say he was better then plummer
Plummer would have beaten seatle
because bell run over 100 yards in the first half
when has plummer ever gotten that out of a running back this year

Week 1 versus St. Louis, Broncos lost, Tatum Bell has 103 yds rushing and Mike Bell has 58. Plummer throws 3 picks.

Week 8 versus Indy, Broncos lost, Mike Bell has 136 yds rushing and Cecil Sapp has 39. Plummer throws for a whopping 174.

Week 11 versus San Diego, Broncos lost, Mike Bell has 90 yds rushing and Damien Nash has 52. Plummer throws for another huge 183 and 1 pick.

So 3 out of the 4 losses the Broncos had while Jake Plummer was in at QB, the Broncos had well over 100 yds in the game.

You're an idiot.

BeerIsGood!
12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
number 1: it was his first game and played like it, truth is had they won the game(which they should have) people would not be talking about it the way he played. Actually i've seen mike vick play worse and get called the greatest ever. BTW how did Romo look his first game? 3 INTs remember?

Actually, Romo played great in his first start and won.

You can't count the Giants game because he was forced in at halftime without any time to prepare. Don't expect the same result from Cutler - you'll be disappointed.

johnsmith
12-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually, Romo played great in his first start and won.

You can't count the Giants game because he was forced in at halftime without any time to prepare. Don't expect the same result from Cutler - you'll be disappointed.

Actually, it's Romo's play that I think has us Broncos fans so dissapointed in Cutler. We all know that the Cutler situation is far different then the Romo situation, but none of us really wanted to admit it, we wanted Cutler to come in and play like Romo.

It's sort of like when you buy a lotto ticket and for about a half hour afterwards you think about all the stuff you could spend the money on, even though deep down you know you aren't going to win. Then when you look at the numbers in the morning it's just dissapointing as hell, but you have to say to yourself, well of course I didn't win, it's the lottery............Of course he played like that, he's a rookie.

BeerIsGood!
12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually, it's Romo's play that I think has us Broncos fans so dissapointed in Cutler. We all know that the Cutler situation is far different then the Romo situation, but none of us really wanted to admit it, we wanted Cutler to come in and play like Romo.

It's sort of like when you buy a lotto ticket and for about a half hour afterwards you think about all the stuff you could spend the money on, even though deep down you know you aren't going to win. Then when you look at the numbers in the morning it's just dissapointing as hell, but you have to say to yourself, well of course I didn't win, it's the lottery............Of course he played like that, he's a rookie.

That's exactly right. The thing with Romo is that he spent 3 1/2 seasons in the NFL learning what it takes to play QB in the NFL while maturing as a person. Cutler is a green rookie straight out of college, if he had the 3 1/2 seasons that Romo had he'd have a good shot to be tearing it up right now as well. From what I've seen Cutler has the ability and the tools to do great things, he is just going to have to learn the NFL game and learn to be patient and consistent in his play. That will take time, but as long as he doesn't have a fragile psyche things should start to click next season. You can also look at Vince Young and how he is learning to adapt to the NFL and is becoming a winning QB in this league. With time Cutler should start showing the same promise.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM

number 2: Starting Cutler now is the best move for the franchise now and the future. If we make the playoffs and Cutler gets going great. If not he'll get his lumps in this season and can be ready to go next year. Jake wasn't going to get it done for us period.

number 3: Saying, "you're x-x how can you bench your starting QB" is a retarded statement. A player is judged by his performance not the teams record and achievements, ie no one thinks Steve Kerr or Robert Horry are great players because they have a 5 and 6 rings respectively.

I. QB play is always talked about, win or lose.

II. You don't know if starting Cutler now will help or harm him. Some QBs can play right away, others need time to mature and understand the game.

III. Benching Plummer while the team had a winning record wasn't a bad idea. Turning to Cutler was...