ducks
12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
San Antonio 129, Golden State 89
San Antonio 129, Golden State 89

Preview - Box Score - Recap

December 5, 2006

AP - Dec 4, 10:44 pm EST
More Photos

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The Spurs didn't need the return of Manu Ginobili to sail past the Golden State Warriors on Monday night.

Ginobili came off the bench and played 16 minutes in his first action since Nov. 24, having missed the last four games with a lower back contusion. He had six points and nine assists in fewer than 16 minutes, but San Antonio hardly needed it in a 129-89 blowout of the Golden State Warriors.

"I couldn't go to the basket so hard. I was a little scared," Ginobili said, though he added that he felt "100 percent."

Ginobili came off the bench with just under three minutes left in the first and within 40 seconds had two assists to Francisco Elson, then another to Udrih with a minute to go in the period.

Ginobili could afford another night of rest. The Spurs reserves scored 75 points and San Antonio scored a season-high 129 points, the most it has scored in a regulation game since a 131-111 win at home against Denver on April 22, 1993.

ADVERTISEMENT

The last time the Spurs won by at least 40 points was a 109-67 win over Sacramento on Jan. 10, 1998 at home.

"We got them mad as hornets the last time we beat them and then they haven't played very well at home," said Warriors coach Don Nelson. "I mean, I knew we were going into a hornets' nest. And you were just hoping that we could just kind of hang around but no, not tonight, we just totally got dominated."

Anthony Roberson, who had sprained his left thumb Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks, scored 21 for Golden State. He was followed by Mike Dunleavy and Monta Ellis, who had 12 and 11, respectively.

"I think everyone had a more concentrated effort. We were trying to accomplish the little things tonight," said Bruce Bowen, who had seven points.

San Antonio had a season high 37 assists and sank a season high 49 field goals.

Eight Spurs players, led by Brent Barry with 18, scored in the double digits.

Beno Udrih had a season-high 16 points, including two 3-pointers in a row about five minutes into the fourth quarter. He had three 3-pointers in the game and played 24 minutes with the Spurs up big.

AP - Dec 4, 10:32 pm EST
More Photos

Tony Parker and Michael Finley had 14 points each. Tim Duncan had 15 points and eight boards.

After leading by as much as 20 in the first, the Spurs took a 16-point cushion into the second period.

Golden State never had the lead. The Spurs took a 14-point advantage into the second half.

The Warriors couldn't catch San Antonio in the third as the Spurs steadily extended their margin. The Spurs took a 93-61 lead into the final period, where Eric Williams led the team with 10 points and Udrih contributed eight.

"It wasn't a good night for us. We've got to bounce back," Roberson said.

"Whether you win by a lot or a little bit, you come out tonight and you're able to rest a little bit and you beat a team that's beaten you in the regular season," Duncan said. "That's a good win for us."

Notes

Golden State G Jason Richardson, the team's leading scorer last season, was not with the team Saturday due to soreness in his surgically repaired left knee. ... Golden State's 14 points in the first period were its season low. It was also the fewest points given up by the Spurs in an opening quarter this season.

BeerIsGood!
12-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Is this the same Golden State team that the Spurs lost to just a few days ago?

SAtown
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Is this the same Golden State team that the Spurs lost to just a few days ago?

Yes, but it wasn't the same Spurs team. I think we can all agree on that one

LEONARD
12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
believe!!!!
believe!!!!
believe!!!!
believe!!!!
believe!!!!
believe!!!!
believe!!!!