PDA

View Full Version : Question For Commissioners (or anybody in FF)

Lebowski Brickowski
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I posted this in the Football Jerks Forum but I'm reposting it here:

There is an owner in my league who will not make the playoffs. He plans to drop all of his players to waivers tonight, at least the ones that aren't on the "Can't Cut List." The problem is, there is a waiver priority and some playoff teams will be able to take advantage of the priority rankings to scoop up all of the valuable players.

The one owner has emailed the whole league so everyone knows that these players will become available at 5:30 pm.

My question is this: As commissioner, is there a precedent for not allowing this to happen? Should I just allow it? With trades, I can oversee and overrule them and make sure they don't create a "competitive imbalance." But an owner who just dumps his roster around playoff time, what should I do?

johngateswhiteley
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
umm, why in the hell is he dropping all his players?...and no, i would not allow him to drop ANY players...this is ridiculous.

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
The guy doing this is a bitter douche bag and a sore loser.

You should definately not allow this to happen, he is just trying to screw the league up. I would also not invite him to play in your league next season. I fucking hate when people do shit like this.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-05-2006, 12:53 PM
What JGW and JS said:

It's a pretty bullshit move and you should just lock his (and other non-playoff teams) rosters now to prevent anything from going on.

God, I was down and out in my largest money league and even accused of tanking through trades and I still analyzed every matchup to try and win the points games.

Can't say much else than that - lock all non-playoff teams' rosters and boot this asshole out of your league.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
We have a "can't add list" of cut players that started last week to prevent this type of thing.

Lebowski Brickowski
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback. This guy's on lock down.

LEONARD
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Absolutely unacceptable...