PDA

View Full Version : Player-hating 101

2Cleva
12-05-2006, 12:29 PM
That being said, our spies over at US Airways Center tell us the Suns are doing their due diligence on this, just in case. If the time comes when the Timberwolves actually put Garnett on the market, the Suns want to be involved but not necessarily because they want to break up what they have to get him.

Their big concern is he might end up in Los Angeles alongside Kobe Bryant. That's scary. We're told the Suns would be happy to offer their services as a third party in a multiteam deal, especially if it sends Garnett east andkeeps him away from their nemesis on the West Coast.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/1205p2main1205.html

This is the real reason KG is saying he's happy. He know that most of the league doesn't want him to go to where he wants to.

johngateswhiteley
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
well, whatever the case may be....i don't want him to go to LA so anything the Suns want to do is fine by me.

TDMVPDPOY
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
dont think he will ever win a ring, thats my opinion....cause DUNCAN is GOD.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Kobe + KG = Kim Jong-il + nuke... scarier than a mothafucka

LA24
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Honestly, I don't want KG in LA. We'd probably have to give up Lamar+Kwame or Lamar+Bynum for him...no thanks.

Kwame is playing pretty good D for us and his offense is improving. He could very well be a Ben Wallace type player but with offense. Lamar is playing well. And Andrew Bynum has the potential to be a great big man one day. All 3 of these guys are still very young. Kobe still has 4-5 great years ahead. We have a bright future. We will definetly be contending for the title soon !!!!

KG is getting old.

KG, please stay away from LA. Thanks.

2Cleva
12-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't deal Bynum. After that? Go ahead.

LO and Kwame? Works for me. LA still has Turiaf in their pocket to backup Bynum at the 5.

Medvedenko
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
The way the Lake show is playing, getting Garnett might hurt chemistry and the team may take a step back. However, Kobe and KG together would be duo feared. I would move Odom, Mihm and Mckie for KG.

JamStone
12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Lakers would probably have to give up Bynum in a deal to get KG.

Kwame, Radmanovic, Bynum, Pavlovic, a first round draft pick, and the expiring contracts of Mihm, McKie, and Shammond Williams for KG, Hassell, and Madsen would work.

Don't know if most Lakers fans would do that though.

The Lakers are playing well this season, but they should all know that with the current roster, they are not getting far in the playoffs.

KG would have to play more center, but in today's NBA, that's what direction the game is going.

PM5K
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Honestly, I don't want KG in LA. We'd probably have to give up Lamar+Kwame or Lamar+Bynum for him...no thanks.

Kwame is playing pretty good D for us and his offense is improving. He could very well be a Ben Wallace type player but with offense. Lamar is playing well. And Andrew Bynum has the potential to be a great big man one day. All 3 of these guys are still very young. Kobe still has 4-5 great years ahead. We have a bright future. We will definetly be contending for the title soon !!!!

KG is getting old.

Dude you are fucking crazy, if you can get KG for the guys you listed you'd better fucking do it, that's a damn steal for those stiffs...

2Cleva
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Lakers would probably have to give up Bynum in a deal to get KG.

Kwame, Radmanovic, Bynum, Pavlovic, a first round draft pick, and the expiring contracts of Mihm, McKie, and Shammond Williams for KG, Hassell, and Madsen would work.

Don't know if most Lakers fans would do that though.

The Lakers are playing well this season, but they should all know that with the current roster, they are not getting far in the playoffs.

KG would have to play more center, but in today's NBA, that's what direction the game is going.

LA would rather deal LO instead of gutting the roster to meet the salary.

LA24
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Dude you are fucking crazy, if you can get KG for the guys you listed you'd better fucking do it, that's a damn steal for those stiffs...

I'm not crazy...and I'm definetly not fucking crazy. KG is starting to go over the hill. Right now...he doesn't even seem like a franchise player. A lot of times during close games...he doesn't even take over. :rolleyes

Plus, Lamar/Kwame/Bynum aren't stiffs. You probably only seen a few Laker games this year if any. Kwame Brown came back from a shoulder injury not too long ago...right now...he's looking pretty good. Bynum is 19 years old, his future looks really bright.

LA24
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I would move Odom, Mihm and Mckie for KG.

Okay, for these 3, I would definetly do it. But let's be honest...that's not happening. Pipe.

I'm hoping Brown can eventually play the PF position again. In a year or two...Andrew Bynum + Kwame Brown frontcourt is going to be pretty damn good.

2Cleva
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Brown doesn't have the outside game to play in the tri. Period. That won't ever happen in LA.

z0sa
12-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Right now...he doesn't even seem like a franchise player. A lot of times during close games...he doesn't even take over.
:rolleyes

uh... thats nothing new. Garnett NEVER wants the ball at the end of the game. Hes the type who leads the comeback then wants his teammates to finish the job.

Thats why KG would be perfect in LA, because kobe is the ultimate finisher, while KG would do all the little things you need to win.

LA24
12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Thats why KG would be perfect in LA, because kobe is the ultimate finisher, while KG would do all the little things you need to win.

I agree he's still a great player (HOF for sure) and "could" be a perfect fit with Kobe. But not at the expense of gutting this current team. Not to mention that KG will most likely see a drastic decline in about 2-4 years (typical for big men)....then what ?

Lakers were criticized harshly for dealing Shaq 2 years ago. But I believe we made the right decision. Imagine a current Laker team with Shaq but no Kobe. :dramaquee (cuz it was either kobe stays or Shaq stays).

My point...I prefer a delayed gratification approach (like the shaq trade).

Anyways, there is no way in hell KG will end up in LA.

1Parker1
12-05-2006, 05:34 PM
If there's a way the Lakers could keep Odom in that trade, it'd be pretty sweet. Kobe + Odom + KG is pretty sick.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
More like Laker Hating 101.

Nothing wrong with that.

LA24
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Brown doesn't have the outside game to play in the tri. Period. That won't ever happen in LA.

Perhaps. But the fact that Brown practiced at the 4 spot during practice not too long ago shows that Phil has kept that as an option...somewhat.

Axl Van Dam
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
dont think he will ever win a ring, thats my opinion....cause DUNCAN is GOD.

:worthy: AMEN TO THAT :worthy:

P-O-Z
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
that would be sick

LakeShow
12-05-2006, 07:37 PM

KG is getting old.

I'm not going to say that I do not want KG in LA but I too am starting to feel pretty good about our team. I really don't want anyone to go right now. I would rather see them grow together. Of course KG will make us instant contenders but I think we can win with this team in time.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Remember the Carlos-Boozer-to-the-Lakers mantra from the past two years?

2Cleva
12-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Perhaps. But the fact that Brown practiced at the 4 spot during practice not too long ago shows that Phil has kept that as an option...somewhat.

He has to get Brown to buy into it. And by all accounts, including Brown, its not happening.

From the lone Hoopsworld writer worth reading.

The difference between power forward and center seemed significant for you. You seemed to really flourish when they moved you to center?
In this offense? It's very significant. The fours are out on the wings all the time. That's not my strong point sitting on the wing, shooting jump shots all day. There was a great deal of difference when I got closer to the basket where I could make some moves in the post.

One on One with Kwame Brown (http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_19756.shtml)

LA24
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
He has to get Brown to buy into it. And by all accounts, including Brown, its not happening.

Never say never. Rodman was a PF in the triangle. I don't see why Phil can't get Brown back in that position again. Incentive for Brown would be that Bynum would (most likely) eclipse him at that center position eventually.
Plus with Bynum/Brown, the Laker's interior defense would be pretty damn solid. Plus we need Brown more for his defense/rebounds than his offense...who cares if he can't shoot mid-range jumpers.

"If" Bynum can become the player he has the potential to be, then a starting 5 that inlcudes Kobe, Odom, Brown, Bynum could contend within 2-3 years.

Medvedenko
12-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Ahh....KG to LA...I remember that one Allstar game a while back when KG through a lob to Kobe and he just extended and crammed in a nasty dunk. Imagine seeing that for 82 games....Damn that would be sweet.
Bynum/Brown
KG/Turiaf
Walton/Radman
Bryant/Sasha Mo Evans
Smush/ Farmar

Trade the rest to T-pups: Odom, Mihm, Mckie Cook whoever else.
Still I love Odom and he's playing this best this year since he's come to the Lakers.

picnroll
12-06-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/1205p2main1205.html

This is the real reason KG is saying he's happy. He know that most of the league doesn't want him to go to where he wants to.
So let me see. Shaq publicly demands a trade so he can get traded. Carter publicly demands a trade so he can get traded. TMac publicly demands a trade so he can get trade. Garnett says he in no way wants to be traded so he can get traded. Sure. Why not. :lol