PDA

View Full Version : Saints' Thomas suspended four games by NFL

Taco
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Saints' Thomas suspended four games by NFL
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 minutes ago

The NFL has suspended Saints defensive tackle Hollis Thomas for four weeks for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and supplements, FOXSports.com has learned. As a result, Thomas will not be available to return until the postseason.

A source close to Thomas indicated that the substance that triggered the suspension was an asthma medication designed to open up air passages.
Thomas initially tested positive back in August, but was not disciplined until now due to the appeal process.

Thomas had been one of defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs' most reliable defenders and a positive in the locker room.

The former Eagle and first-year Saints defender has started 12 games for New Orleans this year. After spending his first 10 years with the Eagles, Thomas joined Sean Payton's team this year and has 3 1/2 sacks, but is regarded more for his play against the run.

The Saints have been one of the NFL's most surprising stories as they've jumped atop the NFC South.

While the offense has been stellar, the defense has also held its own and played much better than they did a year ago. One reason is a slew of new faces, but now the Saints will be without one of those additions for the next four weeks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6241644?print=true

That sucks if it was asthma medication that caused the suspension :(

tlongII
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
The next time I hear an athlete admit that they knowingly used steroids will be the first time.

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
The next time I hear an athlete admit that they knowingly used steroids will be the first time.

If wasn't the steroid part he violated, it was the substance part

dimsah
12-05-2006, 08:41 PM
The "substance" being Advair.
There is a difference between Anabolic steroids, and Corticosteroids.
The man has to have this medication to breathe.

If this all checks out, and the only substance he had was from his asthma medication I hope he sues the fucking league for their bullshit politics.

Fillmoe
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
has anyone noticed that after playing the niners some player for the team ends up testing positive for steroids..................

they need to juice up to beat us! REAL TALK!!!!!!!!!!

Taco
12-06-2006, 09:13 AM
time to give the III a whole bunch of inside carries.

http://mb324.com/index_temp.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2006, 10:20 AM
has anyone noticed that after playing the niners some player for the team ends up testing positive for steroids..................

they need to juice up to beat us! REAL TALK!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed Fillmoe can't read?

Fillmoe
12-07-2006, 03:30 AM

has anyone noticed johnny blaze should be in a sweatshop making fake nikes instead of posting on forums?

dimsah
12-07-2006, 07:08 AM
don't you think the league is VERY aware of this..........c'mon :lol
Maybe not. Maybe they hear the word steroid and shit their pants.
The high likleyhood that the test result is a false positive due to the asthma
medication should be enough to test him again without suspending him first.

And have you seen Hollis Thomas? He doesn't exactly invoke images of Mr Universe.

kskonn
12-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard on Sirius NFL radio with Pat Kirwan that the leauge looked into the asthma medication and that no asthma medication contains the type of steroid that he tested positive for. They also pointed out that any player who is take a supplement or medication, despite what it is for is required to take it to the trainer so he can contact the leauge about the product. He did not do that either. Tim reynolds(I think) said that to him he bets that this guys was juicing to try and extend his career.

But to answer the question the leauge checked out the asthma stuff and is very aware.

Taco
12-07-2006, 03:49 PM

has anyone noticed johnny blaze should be in a sweatshop making fake nikes instead of posting on forums?

:ihit :corn: :ihit

tsb2000
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
I heard on Sirius NFL radio with Pat Kirwan that the leauge looked into the asthma medication and that no asthma medication contains the type of steroid that he tested positive for. They also pointed out that any player who is take a supplement or medication, despite what it is for is required to take it to the trainer so he can contact the leauge about the product. He did not do that either. Tim reynolds(I think) said that to him he bets that this guys was juicing to try and extend his career.

But to answer the question the leauge checked out the asthma stuff and is very aware.

I can tell you for a fact that it wasn't Advair that tripped his steroid test. I use that medicine and was assured by my doc this is not an anabolic steroid (unlike Prednisone, another medicine in pill form that will trip the test and cause weight gain).

The NFL had to have found something else, and this guy is trying to hide it behind his meds. :rolleyes