PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn

zocool16
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
In today's edition of around the horn, one of the topics was the 3 nba texas teams, i think they were saying in their opinions who was the west or something. i missed all of the discussion. can anyone who saw this bit tell me what was said? thank you

StylisticS
12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Jay Marriotti likes the Mavs as the best and picks them to win it all

JA Adande and Bob Ryan said the Spurs were the best because of their defense and only have allowed 100 points twice this season I believe. They also picked SA to win it all.

Woody liked the Hornets only because they play in the Texas panhandle seeing as how they are playing in Oklahoma. I thought that was funny myself. :lol

zocool16
12-06-2006, 06:17 PM
thank you

1Parker1
12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
:lmao Woody is an idiot...picking the New Orleans Hornets on a discussion on the best Texas team.

1Parker1
12-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Adande and Ryan also said that the Spurs are doing what they've always done, even without Ginobili, so they'll get even better once he's back and fully strong.

:lol Ryan (?) also said that if it weren't for a rare boneheaded play by Ginobili, Spurs would have beaten the Mavs and gone on to win the championship, in which case they wouldn't even be having this discussion.

dallasmavsnfuego214
12-06-2006, 07:13 PM
i think now its a three team discussion,

because Yao has now become a great center and in the postseason you need teams who can get easy shots on every possession.

Spurs-Duncan
Mavs-free throw line
Heat- Shaq

and now Houston-Yao

so i think they are able to compete with us in a series.

JeremyWariner
12-06-2006, 07:15 PM

because Yao has now become a great center and in the postseason you need teams who can get easy shots on every possession.

Spurs-Duncan
Mavs-free throw line
Heat- Shaq

and now Houston-Yao

It would be nice if Rasheed played like he could get a shot when we need one. :dramaquee

exstatic
12-06-2006, 07:47 PM
It's a two team discussion. Houston's bench is atrocious. Even if they're healthy ( a BIG question), they aren't a deep playoff team. Their bench won't help them enough to be one.

StylisticS
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
:lmao Woody is an idiot...picking the New Orleans Hornets on a discussion on the best Texas team.

You had to like it if you're from Texas. Woody basically made a dig at Oklahoma which we Texans are use to doing anyway. :lol

thank you
No problem.

kskonn
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
dallasmavsnfuego214 that shockey gif is priceless, what a tool. By they way did you hear there is no way the cowboys can beat them.....

dknights411
12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I dunno, calling Oklahoma the TEXAS panhandle must irk some Sonners. I like it. :cooldevil

Woody is only on ATH for comic relief purposes.

The Truth #6
12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
It's a two team discussion. Houston's bench is atrocious. Even if they're healthy ( a BIG question), they aren't a deep playoff team. Their bench won't help them enough to be one.

I agree in that I don't think Houston will do it all this year. In the playoffs, teams usually shorten their rotation, so as long as they have 7-8 players they can count on I don't think that is the biggest issue. Staying healthy, as you mentioned, is the issue with them, specifically with Tracy.

CharlieMac
12-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, Woody is hilar. I actually did chuckle out loud.

SAGambler
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
You had to like it if you're from Texas. Woody basically made a dig at Oklahoma which we Texans are use to doing anyway.

LOL...Even when they owned UT for what?....like 5 years?

George Gervin's Afro
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM

Spurs-Duncan
Mavs-free throw line
Heat- Shaq

and now Houston-Yao

Dude I HATE shockley..that is freaking hilarious... !!!!! I really dislike that guy... I even dislike the way he looks..

phxspurfan
12-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Rockets are good but too inconsistent right now for me to think they can contend with us in a series...see how they struggled last night and lost? Rafer Alson running that team = inconsistent.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Woody Page Is Freaking Idoit! I Know He Hates The Spurs And Now I Think He Hates Texas In General.