PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Herbstreit talks about Danielson...

JeremyWariner
12-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Check out here...its the third one down. (http://1270sports.com/pages/115415.php?contentType=34&contentId=1466)

johngateswhiteley
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
i listened to this when i listened to the Danielson clip. i really like Herbstreit, but i don't agree with all his reasoning on this issue.

JeremyWariner
12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
It is GREAT when Danielson says that Kirk only defended UofM because of the backlash of Kirks Breaston comments earlier in the year.

johngateswhiteley
12-07-2006, 11:30 AM
It is GREAT when Danielson says that Kirk only defended UofM because of the backlash of Kirks Breaston comments earlier in the year.

i did find that humorous. who knows really...subconsciously, perhaps? i don't know....btw, i did not think he meant that was the only reason Kirk backed michigan, just part.

JeremyWariner
12-07-2006, 11:32 AM
He drew a TON of heat from people around here when his words about Breaston got twisted into him calling Steve "useless".

johngateswhiteley
12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
He drew a TON of heat from people around here when his words about Breaston got twisted into him calling Steve "useless".

...i'll never understand that stuff. people don't really want to hear others opinions...they want to hear what they want to hear. and when they don't there is hell to pay...a vicious cycle of garbage between the media and its powerless, yet powerful, lapdogs.

JeremyWariner
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah...you have a point, however when you use a power term like "useless" when you're a former Ohio State QB talking about a current Michigan player stuff like that is going to happen.

johngateswhiteley
12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
however when you use a power term like "useless" when you're a former Ohio State QB talking about a current Michigan player stuff like that is going to happen.

...i can definitely understand that.

JamStone
12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Herbstreit called Breaston "worthless." And, after he caught flack from it, he turned around and said he didn't mean it "that way." What else do you mean when you call a player "worthless?"

I wasn't upset at Herbstreit expressing his opinion. He's usually pretty impartial when talking about Michigan. But, Herbstreit called Breaston "worthless" on his Columbus radio show to rile up OSU fans, and when Ann Arbor and the Detroit metro media started blowing it up (which I don't agree with), he backtracked on the comments and said it was taken out of context. How do you take the word "worthless" out of context??? Then he said it was a poor choice of words. Then he said he just meant he hasn't lived up to the potential of his freshman year. Well, what was it? That's not worthless.

He has every right to have an opinion. But, so do people who think he was wrong in using that term to describe a player, especially if he didn't really "mean it that way."