PDA

View Full Version : new Manu article

Cherry
12-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Traslation please? :)

by Emanuel Ginóbili

Estoy contento por haber vuelto a jugar después de la lesión en la cadera, que me dejó afuera por cuatro partidos. Al principio no pensamos que fuese algo grave. Fue un golpe común al caer de espaldas en el piso. Incluso viajé con el equipo en los dos partidos siguientes. No me dolía para caminar o estar sentado, pero sí cuando quería saltar o hacer un paso largo. Sentía un pinchazo en la pierna derecha. El golpe fue en la articulación sacro-ilíaca y me produjo un desacomodamiento de la cadera. Así que al volver de esos partidos de visitante el médico de los Spurs me hizo quiropraxia y me reubicó la cadera. Había quedado desequilibrado.

Ya no daba más de la ansiedad. Es muy feo mirar de afuera. Encima el equipo había perdido unos partidos y sentía impotencia porque yo no podía hacer nada para ayudar. Casi me pierdo el quinto juego seguido también, pero no aguanté más y lo encaré a "Pop" (el técnico Gregg Popovich) y le dije que necesitaba jugar. Por eso me puso contra Golden, pero estuve contenido, sin arriesgar, preferí pasar la pelota y no forzar. Anteanoche, contra Charlotte, fue distinto, ya me sentí más suelto, penetré, busqué el contacto físico y estuve más confiado. Fue mucho mejor y me deja más tranquilo. Hasta me mejoró el humor...

Fabricio está bárbaro, muy contento, cumpliendo su rol dentro del equipo y con algunas irregularidades como todos. Al que estoy viendo bien, según lo que leo en las estadísticas, es al Chapu (Nocioni). Su crecimiento coincidió con el repunte de Chicago. Me parece que esa posibilidad de jugar de 4 o de 3 es su gran ventaja. Jugando de 3 puede defender a un grande o jugando de 4 puede salir a tirar o penetrarle a un defensor más pesado que él. Creo que con Walter puede pasar lo mismo, tienen condiciones para esa doble función.

En cuanto a los Spurs, creo que ya pasamos un lapso de desajuste, cuando perdimos con Golden y con Utah y casi con Sacramento. En ese momento nos preocupamos bastante. Por suerte, unos cuantos buenos entrenamientos y un enojo de Pop con algunos retos incluidos vinieron bien para corregir cosas y volver a tomar la punta en la división. Es probable que la derrota con Dallas nos haya afectado anímicamente, como seguramente a ellos los motivó para ganar doce seguidos.

ATX Spur
12-08-2006, 08:45 AM
He talks about how strange his injury was, because it´s not uncommon to fall like he did, yet it bothered him much and he was out for four games.

He said he almost missed the fifth game, but he pleaded with Pop and the trainer, saying he needed to play.

He acknowledges the lapses the Spurs had against GS, Utah, and almost against Sac. He thinks they´re focused enough now, and the ire of Pop was enough to help them back to the top of the division after Dallas rattled off 12 straight.

angel_luv
12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys. :)

smeagol
12-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I’m very happy to be back after the hip injury which sidelined me for four games. At the beginning I did not think is was that serious. It was an ordinary bump. It tdid not hurt when I was sitting donw nor when I walked, but it did when I jumped or took a long step. I felt a pinch on my right leg. The bump was on the “sacro-ilíaca” articulation which causes the hip to be out of place. When we came back fro the road games, the Spurs medical staff performed quiropraxy (not sure this is the right translation) on me to put the hip back in its place.

I was extremely anxious to be on the court again. It’s not nice to be sidelined. Moreover, the team had lost a couple of games and I felt helpless given that there was nothing I could do. I almost missed the fifth game but I spoke to Pop and told him I needed to play. That’s why I played against GS, but I played with restrain, with out risking too much. I did not want to force things so I passed the ball. Against Charlotte things were different. I felt more relaxed and looked for physical contact. I was also more confident. It felt much better. Even my general sense of humor is better now . . .

Fabricio is doing great. H is very happy playing his role within the team, with some inconsistencies like any other player (Here he talks about Nocioni and how good he is doing and that he thinks Walter Herrman should get better too).

With regards to the Spurs, I believe we got over a lapse were we were not playing well (we lost against GS, Utah and almost did against Sacramento). At the time we were pretty worried. Luckily, a couple of good training sessions and Pop getting mad at us fixed the situation. We are back at the top of the Division. The L against Dallas probably affected us psychologically the same way it was a big motivator for them in order to win 12 in a row.

celldweller
12-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks ! :flag:

Cherry
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
The bump was on the “sacro-ilíaca” articulation which causes the hip to be out of place. When we came back fro the road games, the Spurs medical staff performed quiropraxy on me to put the hip back in its place.

Ouch :(

nkdlunch
12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
He neither pleaded to Pop or talked to Pop. He is saying he got on Pop's face and said "I need to play bitch!"

Devencio
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
msn

Devencio
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
msnf dsrlksd fkljsadflj lajsan sdafsdf jsadfdsfbsdf sajdfdsfbhjsdfjsdujfdhjksdfkjsdhkasdjhsadudsuisdui fhsdfhksdhfkjfsdafsdfsd

xamila rey
12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
thanks Cherry for posting the article,
where did u find it? i dont see it in this web.
:reading

SequSpur
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
We are not goin to loose any more games.

Cherry
12-08-2006, 05:40 PM
thanks Cherry for posting the article,
where did u find it? i dont see it in this web.
:reading

www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva

xamila rey
12-08-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks Cherry!