PDA

View Full Version : The fun factor

JPB
12-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Everybody has noticed that, the last couple of games, Spurs have done a great job in terms of ball sharing and team balance.
Every players (maybe not that much for Finley) contributed in different ways and you can see on the court and throughout some players quotes that they seem to have some good fun playing together like that. :spin

The season is long and there is still work, but after two bad losses and some practice sessions (and probably discussions), it looks like Spurs came out with a different state of mind and proposed a more consistent and complete basketball which satisfies everybody (first and foremost the fans) :spin.
Hopefully, it will go on this way.

So, here's my question. Could it be, after a month of competition, a first turning point in the season ?

Your thoughts...

Solid D
12-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Perhaps a slight one, but I just see it as getting some practice time in and going back to basics of good screening, moving and passing. Don't forget that the Spurs won 8 games in a row on the road to start the season and that hadn't been done before by this franchise. The past two wins also coincided with playing a Golden State team that played poorly defensively and a young Charlotte. If anything, double-digit wins give the new guys more PT, which can be a turning point in a sense. More time in the new system, running the offenses and working the bugs out on defense.

Hey, the Spurs even got to play a zone several trips in succession in the 4th quarter against the Bobcats and it actually worked.

Welcome to the Forum JPB.

MoSpur
12-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Its always fun when you beat a team by 40. They seemed to have fun the past couple of games. Turning point? Maybe. I think it has to do w/being able to practice at home and rest a little. Tonight will be a better test for them.

JPB
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the Forum JPB.

Thanks.

You're right about the good season start and the 'weakness' of the opposition (even if you could argue that they lost again them the last time they met)
but I have the impression that there was something different or special in the last two wins in players faces and quotes. Everybody looks to be really concerned and focused on the same direction, like this time the season was really on, like it was time to play spurs basketball.

ShoogarBear
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Eh, I've seen the Spurs have a few game stretch like that every year. Then inexplicably things start to stagnate again.

Let's see what happens against the Hornets and Rockets.

duncanchick21
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
with this new state of mind of spurs, it seems to me the beginning of dominance. maybe. remember its still December. GO SPURS GO!!!

SequSpur
12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
they are playing scrubs.