PDA

View Full Version : Rodriguez to stay at West Virginia

mardigan
12-08-2006, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016

NoMoneyDown
12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
This was good news for the WVU program. Just when they managed to slowly creep back into the limelight, they almost had the rug pulled from under them again. If Rod had gone, I'm sure Slaton (and maybe even White) would have bolted, too. Now that he's staying, I think they'll be back at least one more year. Some in the inner circles were saying that he really wasn't going to leave anyway, and was using this to get more money from WVU.

JeremyWariner
12-08-2006, 04:21 PM
If I were him I would just stay in Morgantown and cleanup on the weak Big East. They're going to have a BCS nod at least until 2009 I think. No reason to bolt to 'Bama and live in Bear Bryant's shadow

mardigan
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Especially because its not the program it used to be

KewlKat00
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM
If Rod had gone, I'm sure Slaton (and maybe even White) would have bolted, too. Now that he's staying, I think they'll be back at least one more year. Some in the inner circles were saying that he really wasn't going to leave anyway, and was using this to get more money from WVU.

since slaton and white are only sophomores they probably would have stayed regardless. it would have been stupid to transfer somewhere else and sit out a year when they can just leave after next season.

i am glad he stayed at wvu since he is from wv. not only did he get a little more money out of this, but it seems wvu is committed to upgrading their facilities.

NoMoneyDown
12-09-2006, 08:45 AM
the weak Big East.

I think some folks are still living in the past. The Big East can match-up with just about any conference these days. Half their conference is going bowling this year, and Pittsburg should have gone, too (they are 6-6, just like Iowa). If Pitt went to a bowl game, the BE would be tied for 1st among conferences sending teams to bowl games this year.

BTW, with the match-ups this year the BE has in the bowl games, I wouldn;'t be all surprised if they went 5-0.

SrA Husker
12-09-2006, 12:54 PM
How sad is it for your top-tier football program when you get turned down by a guy from WEST VIRGINIA????

JoeChalupa
12-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Smart move. I'm sure the pressure to win at Bama weighed heaviliy on his decision. Better to stay and build on what you have.

MosesGuthrie
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Smart man....Bama is a mess.