PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens...

Yonivore
12-08-2006, 05:05 PM
...when you sit around drinking beer and teaching your pre-schooler cute party tricks.

4 -year-old Accused of Improperly Touching Teacher (http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5785699)

Marklar MM
12-08-2006, 05:06 PM
The teachers can't have all the fun now can they.

xrayzebra
12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I have wonder why the teacher couldn't have done what they were being paid
to do: teach. Like tell the kid to behave himself. Write a letter and put the
incident on the kids record. You got to be kidding me. He was four years old
for goodness sakes. Not a teenager or even really a pre-teen.

Yonivore
12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I have wonder why the teacher couldn't have done what they were being paid
to do: teach. Like tell the kid to behave himself. Write a letter and put the
incident on the kids record. You got to be kidding me. He was four years old
for goodness sakes. Not a teenager or even really a pre-teen.
So, your wife's a pre-school teacher and one of her students does a raspberry in her cleavage and you're okay with that?

Where the fuck does a four-year old get the idea? No, I'm not saying he was being sexual -- and, they did strike that language from the record -- but, damnit, I wish parents would start taking child-rearing seriously.

It's like the people who think their 2 year old shooting the finger is cute. Or those that give their kids sips of beer and teach them to burp the ABCs. It's not fucking funny.

xrayzebra
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
A four year old kid is impressionable. And believe me had the teacher give the
kid a good lecture and told him to cut it out, he would have.

I am not really worried about a four year old doing much of anything to one of my
adult females of my family. I think most of them would handle it without causing
a mess such as occurred in this instance.

Yonivore
12-08-2006, 05:28 PM
A four year old kid is impressionable. And believe me had the teacher give the
kid a good lecture and told him to cut it out, he would have.

I am not really worried about a four year old doing much of anything to one of my
adult females of my family. I think most of them would handle it without causing
a mess such as occurred in this instance.
Except you wouldn't sue them for shaking their finger in little Johnny's face and admonishing him for his inappropriate behavior.

It's been awhile since you've been involved in public schools, hasn't it? Teacher's aren't allowed to lecture children for inappropriate behavior.

As sad as it is, that's why we've ended up with these silly zero-tolerance policies in school on a whole range of issues from not being able to carry aspirin because of the zero-tolerance policy on drugs to the not being able to bring a plastic knife with your lunch kit because of a zero-tolerance policy on weapons to this, a zero-tolerance policy on sexual harrassment for "hugging" your teacher.

I agree, schools overreact, but it's only because parents won't allow them to "teach" their children social behaviors. And, I still say the parents are responsible for this fiasco because, well, none of my four children ever rubbed their faces in a teacher's cleavage and called it hugging.

xrayzebra
12-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I guess my two daughters, who teach school, one public the other private are in
line to be sued. They don't take much crap from the kids.

sandman
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
none of my four children ever rubbed their faces in a teacher's cleavage and called it hugging.

So what did they call it? :lol

Samurai Jane
12-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I have to agree that this kind of behavior needs to be nipped in the bud by the parents. There's only one place they can learn that at this age. Something similar happened to me from a 4 or 5 yr old relative of mine. We were all sitting at breakfast and the child (who shall remain nameless) thought it would be funny to just outright grab my boob. And of course, everyone thought it was freakin' hilarious... I was mortified. It was the creepiest thing that had ever happened to me and the child was just giggling away.. I could see "future pervert". Of course, I scolded him, but did the parents step in and correct him? Nope... a year or so later down the line, he gets in trouble at school for telling the teacher something about her "boobies". Could this have been prevented by proper discipline on the part of the parents? Yes.

Yonivore
12-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I guess my two daughters, who teach school, one public the other private are in
line to be sued. They don't take much crap from the kids.
They just might be.

Yonivore
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
So what did they call it? :lol
:lmao

clambake
12-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Teachers aren't allowed to lecture students on their bad behavior? Is this a local practice?