PDA

View Full Version : Iverson Will NOT Go To T'Wolves

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Heard on ESPNEWS. Owner said that it won't work money-wise.

Horry For 3!
12-09-2006, 05:40 PM
It is mainly Celtics, Nuggets, Mavs.

Billy King wants Devin Harris and Cuban said that he is not trading Devin. So that deal won't go through if he never trades Harris.

So basically it is Celtics and Nuggets.

My guess would be A.I. to the Celtics.

JMarkJohns
12-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Why would the Nuggets break up what they have? They aren't built to win it all right now and are young enough to keep growing into an elite team. Right now, any trade for Iverson would cost them JR Smith and either Andre Miller and filler or Kenyon Martin. While Iverson would give them a legit star and plenty of experience, I'd much rather, for both this year and longterm, keep Smith (especially) and Miller or Martin.

NBA Junkie
12-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Heard on ESPNEWS. Owner said that it won't work money-wise.

It's likely a smokescreen. Remember that Billy King denied that Iverson asked for a trade only to have Ed Snider confirm that he had moments later.

Think about it, both Garnett and AI make in the neighborhood of 20-25 million. If it doesn't work out and both leave, that would be nearly 45 million coming off the books. That would put the Wolves considerably under the cap if they need to rebuild.

The Wolves financial situation isn't as bad as New York's as they're at the salary cap threshold already. Landing AI wouldn't put them too far over.

whottt
12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't see the Sixers trading AI to a divisional rival in the Celtics.

I actually could see AI being a good fit for Denver.

JMarkJohns
12-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I actually could see AI being a good fit for Denver.

Why? LIke I said, any trade for AI would easily include JR Smith, who's already VERY good in that system and a very capable scorer with all-star potential. On top of him, either Miller (a big loss) or Martin (not so much, but still) would be included.

On top of that, Carmelo wants the ball. He's the star. While he says he would love to play with Iverson, they are two players who command the ball. We've already seen how this works on a similer scale twixt Iverson and Webber and twixt Marbury and Francis.

Iverson creates for himself, then for others. Same with Carmelo. Both love to do so off the dribble. To do such, one must have the ball. Smith, a spot-up shooter, is much better for that team than Iverson.

Fabbs
12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Billy King wants Devin Harris and Cuban said that he is not trading Devin. So that deal won't go through if he never trades Harris.

Why not. Is Cuban blowing smoke?
Who else is Philly asking for the make the Dallas trade work.

Cuban should jump on that offer.

whottt
12-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Why? LIke I said, any trade for AI would easily include JR Smith, who's already VERY good in that system and a very capable scorer with all-star potential. On top of him, either Miller (a big loss) or Martin (not so much, but still) would be included.

On top of that, Carmelo wants the ball. He's the star. While he says he would love to play with Iverson, they are two players who command the ball. We've already seen how this works on a similer scale twixt Iverson and Webber and twixt Marbury and Francis.

Iverson creates for himself, then for others. Same with Carmelo. Both love to do so off the dribble. To do such, one must have the ball. Smith, a spot-up shooter, is much better for that team than Iverson.

Because Denver has good solid bigs that can rebound, clean up garbage and defend the paint. That's what you need to win with a player like AI. Smith's ok but all he really does is score...AI can handle that part of things.

AI>>>>>Andre Miller.

I think you are right that there could be friction between Melo and AI...but I still think AI fits better and does more to improve the Nuggets than any other team mentioned so far outside of the TWolves.

And I don't see the Sixers trading him to a divisional rival...that's a no no with Superstars...you never do that, too much of a chance to get burnt.

JLH Fans
12-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Because Denver has good solid bigs that can rebound, clean up garbage and defend the paint. That's what you need to win with a player like AI. Smith's ok but all he really does is score...AI can handle that part of things.

AI>>>>>Andre Miller.

I think you are right that there could be friction between Melo and AI...but I still think AI fits better and does more to improve the Nuggets than any other team mentioned so far outside of the TWolves.

And I don't see the Sixers trading him to a divisional rival...that's a no no with Superstars...you never do that, too much of a chance to get burnt.

AI fits better to Denver than Minnesota? :dramaquee
U must be joking.