PDA

View Full Version : Moving to SA.....

UtownSpur
12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone, I am moving to SA first week of Jan. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any cool pubs/bars, or resturants in the Castle Hillls/ NW Miltary Rd. area.

IX_Equilibrium
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Lion & Rose Pub at Blanco and Loop 410 is close by.

dirk4mvp
12-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Beale street

ShoogarBear
12-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Wish we knew somebody with a web site that had this kind of information.

ShoogarBear
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
:smokin

UtownSpur
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I did look at that site....thanks for the heads up

bendmz
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
check out the Week-ender in thursdays paper. that gives you various happenings around town. Hell you may even get brave and venture downtown......

THE HATER
12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
we dont need outsiders like you in this town.

GO WHERE YOU ARE WANTED, AND THATS NOT HERE.

UtownSpur
12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Gee thanks for the welcome Haterade! :D

ATX Spur
12-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I went to school on NW Military in Castle Hills. Methinks you'll have to drive a little bit out of CH to find cool stuff.

Of course they would put a cool pub on Blanco after I leave.

midgetonadonkey
12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Splach Club

01Snake
12-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Taipei in Castle Hills is good. You will often find TD at the location in Stone Oak.

jinglejangle
12-10-2006, 03:57 AM
www.SAeats.com
:hungry:
Welcome to S.A. too.

atxrocker
12-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Hey everyone, I am moving to SA first week of Jan.

first, who would want or volunteer for SA duty? fuck that. the only other texas city i would move to is either dallas or h town.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2006, 04:24 AM
first, who would want or volunteer for SA duty? fuck that. the only other texas city i would move to is either dallas or h town.

You would want to live in Houston?

MannyIsGod
12-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Houston is a shit hole. Dallas isn't much better.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-10-2006, 04:45 AM
Spoken like a person who has never really bean to houston or dallas.(or San Antonio for that matter) :donkey

THE SIXTH MAN
12-10-2006, 04:45 AM
Houston is a shit hole. Dallas isn't much better.
Exactly.

UtownSpur
12-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Houston and Dallas are nice to vist...but SA is a much friendlier city. I am being transfered for work. Thanks to everyone for your responses. Much appreciated.

IX_Equilibrium
12-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Houston and Dallas are nice to vist...but SA is a much friendlier city. I am being transfered for work. Thanks to everyone for your responses. Much appreciated.

You've chosen the best place in TX, so no worries.

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM

Seeing how San Antonio is the third fastest growing city in the country and the third fastest growing metro in Texas (sadly behind Dallas and Houston) the answer to your piteous question is... many.

ObiwanGinobili
12-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Houston fucking sux, it;s the biggest shitholeI have ever had the displeasure of staying in.

Congrats on your transfer and welcome to San Antonio.

Bourbon St cafe near NW Military and Lockhilll intersection is good for lunch.... Theres a yummy indian place down Blanco near Oblate..... and Goomba's (ehhh. mixed reviews from most people) is on Blanco near the lockhill intersection.

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 02:18 PM

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Wish we knew somebody with a web site that had this kind of information.

Don't fear, I am here.

www.sanantoniovibe.com

atxrocker
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Spoken like a person who has never really bean to houston or dallas.(or San Antonio for that matter) :donkey

wrong on all accounts, nice assumption though. i've been to all cities mentioned, and san antonio is nothing to write home about. hate to say it, but most stereotypes of san antonio are true and justified.

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 03:04 PM
wrong on all accounts, nice assumption though. i've been to all cities mentioned, and san antonio is nothing to write home about. hate to say it, but most stereotypes of san antonio are true and justified.

What stereotypes are those?

I am assume you took them in while living here, right? Or was it some 3 day vacation.

BTW, you live in what has to be the MOST overrated place on earth. Yes, even more so than Paris Hilton's vagina.

atxrocker
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
weird that numerous surveys and polls disagree with your overrated theory. austin regularly ranks high in the best places to live list and most educated cities among others. but, enjoy your 8 dollars an hour and eat some fajitas after you see the alamo.

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
weird that numerous surveys and polls disagree with your overrated theory. austin regularly ranks high in the best places to live list and most educated cities among others. but, enjoy your 8 dollars an hour and eat some fajitas after you see the alamo.

Well seeing as how that is what helps contributes to the fact that it's overrated, bad news, it didn't make the cut for 2006.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/index.html

Now now, put that razor down, it'll be all ok. One day you'll learn to live your life not having your judgement and life controlled by arbitrary lists.

Also, I don't make 8 dollars an hour and only eat fajitas on Mexican night and watch the Alamo when I'm high, which is never.

So again, what are the stereotypes? Oh wait, did your racist and bigoted ass just subtly and immaturely reveal them in that post.

Buddy Holly
12-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Another website is:

www.sanightlife.com

ATX Spur
12-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I've lived in both cities and have had a good time in both. Austin and San Antonio are too different for comparison. Neither are overrated.

Mark in Austin
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM

I can only go off of the clues in the thread... But it seems likely to me this poster is one of those charming people who came to Austin from California during the dot-com boom. Dallas is trying real hard to be a mini- LA, but instead of beautiful people and weather you get big hair and an extra order of insinserity. And like others have said, Houston is a shithole. Either you've never been there or your standards are so low you don't see it.

Either way, you're giving posters from Austin a bad name.

LuvBones
12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Houston blows.

dirk4mvp
12-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I'v been to the zoo in Houston before. A bird shitted on my brother's hat.

tlongII
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I've heard that Victoria, Texas is very nice!

johnsmith
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Personally, I didn't mind Dallas, I fucking hate Houston, Austin kicks ass, and at first I hated San Antonio and everything about it, but then something happens and it starts to grow on you like a fungus. It took about two years and suddenly, I really enjoy living here.

However, Denver is still my favorite city.