PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals vs. Seahawks

johngateswhiteley
12-10-2006, 04:30 PM
...did anybody just see that replay! absolutely horrible, the tie goes to the receiver...thats first and goal for the Cards. i cannot believe that call was not reversed.

JMarkJohns
12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Quietly, Leinart and the Cardinals have won three of their last four games, with their only loss coming by seven points at Minnesota. Edge has had back-to-back 100-yard rushing games, to boot.

tsb2000
12-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Sadly, all that effort is just in time to hose their draft pick and keep Dennis Green another year. :rolleyes

Cards did look good today though. :)

johngateswhiteley
12-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Quietly, Leinart and the Cardinals have won three of their last four games, with their only loss coming by seven points at Minnesota. Edge has had back-to-back 100-yard rushing games, to boot.

yes sir. and the seahawks were on a nice roll.

ducks
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
quietly they have only given up 4 sacks in the last 4 games

green is actually stinking with the same players for a few games

JMarkJohns
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
The only team the Cardinals can't beat on their remaining schedule is San Diego their final weekend. They will likely finish 6-10, netting them a top-15 pick, which they should use on either a offensive lineman or impact linebacker. Or maybe they can steal away Lance Briggs from Chicago. He's the ball-hawk they need at LB.

They need him so they can play zone coverage with the safeties, keeping both back in coverage so they stop getting burned by the deep pass. Right now they routinely go 8-man fronts, especially with Berry out.

johngateswhiteley
12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
The only team the Cardinals can't beat on their remaining schedule is San Diego their final weekend. They will likely finish 6-10, netting them a top-15 pick, which they should use on either a offensive lineman or impact linebacker. Or maybe they can steal away Lance Briggs from Chicago. He's the ball-hawk they need at LB.

They need him so they can play zone coverage with the safeties, keeping both back in coverage so they stop getting burned by the deep pass. Right now they routinely go 8-man fronts, especially with Berry out.

you're exactly right. the deep ball is KILLING the cardinals this year...i think they are just about worst in the NFL against it. i'd love to use the pick to get a great young o-lineman.

...what do you think about Green? will he be gone?

JMarkJohns
12-10-2006, 11:56 PM
I think he's gone. It's unfortunate they couldn't get a few breaks early in the season. They really should be three wins better than their current record. Those three wins would have them at 7-6 and competing for the division. Oh well...

St. Louis
Kansas City
Chicago

All should be wins for Arizona.

If/When Green is fired, I hope they go hard after Mike Martz. He works for me just fine! He'll get the most out of Leinart/Fitzgerald/Boldin/Edge. No doubt.

They need Briggs in the worst way, then draft a stud lineman in the first and a quality lineman in the second. Offense, defense, it's doesn't matter, but one of each is a must.

tsb2000
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM
It was confirmed by USC officials the Cards contacted Pete Carroll. The Cards definitely need either an O-lineman or a DE to help out Bertrand Berry. I think an improved pass rush would help out the deep-ball problems the Cards have.

ducks
12-11-2006, 12:28 AM
their line was bad early last 4 games one sack
good line also they are blocking better for the run
pete would be intersting

JMarkJohns
12-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Carroll isn't Martz, who's won a Super Bowl as an offensive coordinator and head coached a team to another at this level. I'd rather have Chow than Carroll.

NBA Junkie
12-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I still hope they fire Green's sorry ass!

RealEstateDude
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
The Seahags are who we thought they were.. :spin

MosesGuthrie
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
IMO if Leinart doesn't skip training camp, I think he has a much better season. Of course, he needs some help on that team. I agree with Junkie....I think the biggest problem is Green.