PDA

View Full Version : eff small ball

SPURS21
12-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Am I missing something here? Did we not learn anything last May???

MannyIsGod
12-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Pop loves trying to fit that square peg into a round fucking hole.

Leetonidas
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
What pisses me off more is the fucking treatment Kobe gets from the refs. He screams and whines to them like a little bitch and gets his way while Tim Duncan says "that's bullshit" and gets T'd up.

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2006, 11:54 PM
pop hasnt learnt shit

and tim duncan needs more touches, fuck trade finley seriously, the frontline still has trouble with interior defense and rebounding :( elson is not the answer atm.

when finley is playin alot of minutes and cold i think thats a fuckn sign that pop should fuckn know!

NorCal510
12-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I rather have small ball than a bitch like you who thinks we care what u think

SPURS21
12-11-2006, 12:09 AM
This wasn't meant to be a bitch and whine thread the Lakers outplayed us tonite, I just thought it was worth discussing the fact we resorted to small ball once again. I thought we had learned our lesson, and its not like our bigs are going to have that much trouble gaurding Luke Walton and Lamar Odom, they aren't exactly Drik Nowitzki.

Even when the Lakers had Cook and Brown out there together we still went small and got killed on the boards WTF???

itzsoweezee
12-11-2006, 12:12 AM
small ball strkes again. all for the sake of finley. fuck popovic.

Bruno
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
:spin

Spurs "small ball" : 9 min +5 for Spurs
Rest of the game : -12 for Spurs

Spurs haven't lost because of small ball. Spurs have lost the game in the 3rd quarter where the defense and especially paint defense was really bad.

TDMVPDPOY
our version of small ball is only effective against teams that cant play defense, no point in playin smallball if the other 4 guys on the other team are 6-6 - 6-9 in height :(:( we are too undersized even with our bench

timvp
Small ball was weak tonight. You are going to matchup a lineup of Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton and Kobe Bryant by going small? Kobe is the worst of those four as far as rebounding goes, but he's a better rebounder than any small ballers Pop puts next to Duncan.

It's an impossible task. Even if you get a stop, the Lakers are most likely going to get the rebound.

MannyIsGod
12-11-2006, 12:17 AM
And they did, time and time again.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2006, 12:19 AM
It's even worse when Tim decides Small Ball means he plays like a 3.

When the F did the Spurs stop trying to impose their will on the opposition and make the other team match up with them?

SilverPlayer
12-11-2006, 01:07 AM
yea, the spurs only got three more free throws than the lakers so as usual when you lose,,,,,,,,,,,YOU WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and we all know timmy is alway being abused by the refs, lol.
I think you missed the part where he was complaining about an individual getting called for a T when Kobe wasn't. He didn't complain that we were robbed.

KB24
12-11-2006, 11:42 AM
ah, i see, yes i hate the officiating in the league. half the games are as credible as wwf smackdown. touch fouls on one end and linebacker bullrushes on the other in many games. especially if your name is kobe or dewhine wade.

Get Over It. Lakers OWNED the Soft Spurs Last night. :blah

peskypesky
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Pop loves trying to fit that square peg into a round fucking hole.

Well, one thing we do know....Pop's head fits up his ass.

SMALL BALL SUX!!!!!

2Cleva
12-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I understand why teams, even traditional powers like SA, are going small ball. You have to get your best 5 on the court and you're more likely to have a better guard or small forward than big man. Fortunately, that plays in LA's hands because A - they are loaded off the bench with big men and B - LO, who used to be a liability at the PF spot, now can excel.

Small ball for SA works against most teams, it won't against LA.