PDA

View Full Version : Uni question

jalbre6
11-05-2004, 01:37 AM
I just read an article about the Bobcat's first game against the Wizards, and they were wearing their orange jerseys, and the Wizards were in white. I thought the NBA made all home teams wear white, or at least the away team wear darker colors. Clarification?

Here's the picture from the tipoff-
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/basketball/nba/11/04/wizards.bobcats.ap/p1_tip.jpg

Drachen
11-05-2004, 01:39 AM
they will make exceptions for special situations, for example it is a team's first time playing ever, let them show off their road unis to the home crowd.

pooh
11-05-2004, 01:46 AM
The only team that wears dark colored jerseys at home are the Lakers if I'm right.

Drachen
11-05-2004, 01:51 AM
no they wear gold jerseys I believe

jalbre6
11-05-2004, 02:00 AM
LA wears the gold jerseys at home, but they have an alternate white jersey as well that came out a coupla years ago. The Hornets wear a yellow home jersey also, at least against Dallas last night.

Drachen
11-05-2004, 02:07 AM
LA wears the gold jerseys at home, but they have an alternate white jersey as well that came out a coupla years ago. The Hornets wear a yellow home jersey also, at least against Dallas last night.

Maybe a "throwback" jersey from when they first started in the league, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day.
:lol

KEDA
11-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Miami wore their black jerseys last night against Cleveland.

I guess its like the NFL now, the home team has choice?

Drachen
11-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Miami wore their black jerseys last night against Cleveland.

I guess its like the NFL now, the home team has choice?

Once again, this is an exception due to the fact that it is a special occasion. The first regular season game with shaq as a member of the heat.. Their whole promo was "Shaq in Black"

ShoogarBear
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Once again, this is an exception due to the fact that it is a special occasion. The first regular season game with shaq as a member of the heat.. Their whole promo was "Shaq in Black"

That's a special occasion in Miami, huh? Then again, this is the team that retired MJ's number.

Glad the Spurs didn't have "Brent in Black" . . .

slayermin
11-05-2004, 05:13 PM
The Lakers wear white on Sundays.