PDA

View Full Version : Manu's 3Q

smeagol
12-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Was probably the reason why the Spurs lost. How many TOs did he have in the quarter? 4? 5?.

Otherwise, he had a great game, scoring 23 pts in 23 minutes with 60% accuracy, hitting 4 of 5 beyond the arc (vintage Manu type efficiency)

But the most impotant thing is that he attacked the basket. He did not finish every shot, but he got some pretty layups and he got fouled a number of times.

But his ball handling in the 3Q was horrendous. :pctoss

(I have opened the door for the little guy's and the plumiferous' Manu bashing :lol )

Texas_Ranger
12-11-2006, 07:56 AM
That's right. Manu really sucked in the 3rd., but we can't blame just one player for the loss. if we could then I would say that Tim wass the reason because we lost the game, or TP which had 5 to., or Finley who shooted 2/10.

Basketball is a team sport, so everyone is a loser.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Give some credit to the Lakers. They were pressuring the Spurs guards really well.

The Spurs turnovers sucked and the Lakers capitalized. But other stuff sucked too.

The Lakers dominated the paint, and that was the real downfall of the Spurs.

George Gervin's Afro
12-11-2006, 08:30 AM
They seemed to be playing at a higher level than we were in the second half. I agree with Pop's assesment that we folded under their pressure..

Bruno
12-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't put the loss on one player.
Manu (like other players) has done some mistake and good things.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-11-2006, 09:38 AM
It was a team effort. Manu had bad turnovers, but Timmy sucked a lot in the 4th. Tony had that one HORRIBLE turnover that was so ugly. Finley was so fucking bad!! Heh. They all lost their composure in the 3rd.

But yeah, give credit to the Lakers too. They wanted it more, and they were fucking aggressive, hence the And 1's and all the Spurs could do by retaliation? was to fold like a house of cards in the paint.

I think the Spurs were just overconfident, and thought this win was gonna come easy. Blame the last three great games, and an aggressive, young hungry GOOD Laker team.

Damn you Spurs! You better make up for it against the Clips again!

nkdlunch
12-11-2006, 09:38 AM
true. But I'd blame that horrible sequence of turnovers + Laker baskets more on Beno who was hiding from the ball behind Laker defenders. and making the worst defensive mistakes I've ever seen. That kid has no balls whatsoever. Even Horry almost literally bitchslapped Beno on the court

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah, don't even get me started on Beno. It's like he was jealous of Manu and Tony's TO's and wanted to one up them.

I'm not too high on Beno, these are regular season games! Don't buckle when you get a little defensive pressure.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
true. But I'd blame that horrible sequence of turnovers + Laker baskets more on Beno who was hiding from the ball behind Laker defenders. and making the worst defensive mistakes I've ever seen. That kid has no balls whatsoever. Even Horry almost literally bitchslapped Beno on the court

Yeah it's rare to see Horry go off that badly on a teammate.

The whole thing sucked. Hopefully they'll bounce back tonight.

smeagol
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Props to the Lakers.

They played a heck of a game. As Kori said, the rebounding (or lack thereof killed us).

Supergirl
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Tim and Tony sucking it up at the FT line didn't help, either.

George Gervin's Afro
12-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Tim and Tony sucking it up at the FT line didn't help, either.

Seriously did this surprise you? I have said this before that I would be ecstatic if we hit 50% of our free throws down the stretch.. and no I'm not kidding :(

upTD
12-11-2006, 11:03 AM
It was a team effort. Manu had bad turnovers, but Timmy sucked a lot in the 4th. Tony had that one HORRIBLE turnover that was so ugly. Finley was so fucking bad!! Heh. They all lost their composure in the 3rd.

2:10 Manu Ginobili lost ball (Kobe Bryant steals) 67-71
2:06 67-73 Kobe Bryant makes slam dunk (Lamar Odom assists)
1:40 Manu Ginobili bad pass (Kobe Bryant steals) 67-73
1:34 67-76 Lamar Odom makes 3-point jumper (Smush Parker assists)
1:06 Manu Ginobili lost ball (Luke Walton steals) 67-76
1:01 Los Angeles 20 Sec. timeout
0:47 67-78 Kwame Brown makes layup (Luke Walton assists)

MANU's turnovers not so bad, only gave lakes 7 points.
Timmy sucked a lot in the 4th. because he cannot overcome the deficiency alone. That was all.

upTD
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
The real reason for lakes's win is that POP was owned by ZEN

SenorSpur
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
What's the deal with Manu's rash of TO's. Even when the defense is pressuring the guards, it becomes imperative that they protect the ball.

BigVee
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Because I was watching the Cowboys getting their butts handed to them, I only saw the 4th quarter. How many off rebounds did K Brown have against that small line-up. Tim was trying to keep Odom and Brown or Cook off the boards. What was with that grouping?