PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers the team you LEAST like losing to?

tlongII
12-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I know that's the case with the Blazers.

sa_butta
12-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Maybe I would have said that two years ago, but I think its worse now losing to Dallas.

boutons_
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I said a few weeks ago the Lakers were under-rated, not that I was the only one.

Kobe is particularly repulsive with his smarmy theatrics, and of course Phil doan respek nobody.

Phil has got him some hosses now and he's got them playing good basketball. I can see them winning their division.

Spurs are now ignominiously buried in a group of 5 WC teams with 6L, all trailing Utah with 5L.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Rummpd
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
And the Spurs are 8-3 on the road. Wake me when the Lakers have that kind of mark and then I will be concerned.

phyzik
12-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I like losing LEAST to Dallas, but for different reasons from years past when it was the Lakers...

The Dallas trolls never shut up.

boutons_
12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
yes, the commentators remarked that the Lakers have not been on the road much so far, 2W-3L, but nothing I saw last night indicates they should be less than a .500 road club, and probably over.

50 cent
12-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I actually kinda like the Lakers. I despise Dallas. Losing to Dallas is 100x worse because they have never won anything in the history of their franchise but talk a bunch of shit.

The Lakers (and Spurs) are elitists in the NBA and I would rather all the teams that have won a Championship keep winning and never let anybody else into the club.

nkdlunch
12-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Losing to Lakers in regular season is like loosing to Wizards or any other mediocre team. you can't win every reg season game.

MosesGuthrie
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Losing always sucks.

veronicamae
12-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Nothing, imo, is worse than losing to Dallas these days.

MrChug
12-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Ahhh...Dallas easy.

Simple, yet important thread. Good job tlongII.

peskypesky
12-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Used to be the Lakers.
Now it's the Mavericks. For sure.

SenorSpur
12-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Used to be the Lakers.
Now it's the Mavericks. For sure.

Ditto

GrandeDavid
12-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I actually kinda like the Lakers. I despise Dallas. Losing to Dallas is 100x worse because they have never won anything in the history of their franchise but talk a bunch of shit.

The Lakers (and Spurs) are elitists in the NBA and I would rather all the teams that have won a Championship keep winning and never let anybody else into the club.

Interesting line of thought. :lol

BigVee
12-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Absolutely, yes. Living in the LA area I have to listeh to all the talk show guys about how the Lakers took down the mighty Spurs, how the Lakers are catching up, the Spurs best days are behind them....etc...etc...etc....

smeagol
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Dallas

Winnipeg_Spur
12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Clearly, because the Lakers are now the best of the best again. They just need to keep playing 75% of their games at home and they'll be a lock for the championship.

Texas_Ranger
12-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Mavs.

Medvedenko
12-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I hate losing to the Spurs the most...next to losing Snaq and FT.
It was a good victory, but like someone said, they need to do damage on the road to be an elite team. They have the makings and Kobe is still not 100%.

Klein2301
12-11-2006, 03:01 PM
i hate losing to the Lakers but i hate Dallas even more!

cornbread
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Losing to the Lakers brings up many bad memories. Losing to Dallas brings up a bad memory but also brings out a bunch of loudmouth Mavs fans. At this point, losing to the Mavs is as bad as it gets.

bigfish22
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM
YES!!!

and why?

1) I live in Los Angeles and everyone around here Laker this and Laker that, we hate the Spurs that! Especially all my friends.

2) I go to every Spurs game at Staples Center and have to hear all of the above, live. It's rare, but it hurts right after.

3) Everyone in my family is a Lakers fan. My brothers talk the most trash, exepcially after the playoffs defeats.

I hate the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATX Spur
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Mavs, Rockets, Lakers, in that order.

DieMrBond
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
A couple of years ago, Lakers for sure. The playoff losses were devastating.

But now, its the Mavericks. With Lakers being a bit down the list, and Timberwolves still up there (because a loss always brings up the KG vs TD argument).

Only team its okay to lose to is the Bobcats, mainly because a) they suck, and b) i kinda like them :)

slayermin
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes.

Because radio personalities like like Vick "The Brick" Jacobs start overhyping the Lakers, regardless of how good they really are.

Beaverfuzz
12-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Mavs with the Lakers a close second. I do like it when San Antonio whoops up on Portland in Portland.

RonMexico
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Mavs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Laker losses aren't so much of a big deal, because we know San Antonio has the advantage, buttt....they are gonna be tough to handle if we ever meet them in the playoffs...

Also I don't hate some of the guys like Walton and Lamar, the rest are just a young scrappy team. I only hate Kobe and Phil. (and that's just sportsfan hate of course)
so that's what makes it suck if the Spurs lose, because it feeds their damn egos.
I've been hating the Lakers 2000's forever. So it's deep because the LA announcers were calling the game yesterday, " a matchup between two 'JUGGERNAUTS' " last night, stupid phony LA people..the Lakers are good but they're NOT ELITE yet!

Mavs losses suck a little more still, because these are the bastards of the present!!

Condemned 2 HelLA
12-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Yes.

Because radio personalities like like Vick "The Brick" Jacobs start overhyping the Lakers, regardless of how good they really are.

Glad to know that someone else hears this shit!
"VTB" is the biggest goddamn Kobe fluffer walking the face of the planet.
In his eyes, "Ocho x 3" can do no wrong.
Defends Kobe for cracking Mike Miller in the face last year but comes completely unglued about the whole Raja "the Butcher" Bell incident.
As I said in another thread, sure enough, all the Lamer "fans" were on the phones today, gloating about the win on Sunday. Absolutely pathetic.
You should've heard how they were shitting Twinkies after the loss to the Hornets the other day, talking about how this player needs to go, that player needs to go, the management sucks, the ownership sucks, even saying that Jack Nicholson and the Laker Girls suck!!!!
I hope Houston gives them a proper beat down Tuesday so that they can go back to gripping hard as they should be. The following game they play Phallas, and ufortunately one of those teams has to win.

RonMexico
12-12-2006, 02:52 AM
Only time I'll actually root for Dallas is on Wednesday because (a) hate the Lakers since forever and (b) want the Suns to secure the Pac Div. lead which they could do if they beat Miami on Wed before the second ESPN game.

phyzik
12-12-2006, 09:00 AM
lol, im loving this thread.

I hope you realize WHY most of these people hate losing to the Mavs as opposed to the Lakers...