PDA

View Full Version : Johnson sits a game due to injury.. so that must mean..

bdictjames
12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Him and Bowen are now tied for consecutive games played?

Source: NBA.com
Johnson Sits Out Game Due to Injury
Sekou Smith from THE ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION writes: "Sitting out Sunday night also cost Johnson the NBA's iron man title — he had started a league-best 376 consecutive regular season games before Sunday — something he wasn't particularly worried about given the pain in his calf."

whottt
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
There is no way in hell I'd trade Joe Johnson for AI. Hawks are stupid if they do that trade.

AFBlue
12-11-2006, 05:10 PM
There is no way in hell I'd trade Joe Johnson for AI. Hawks are stupid if they do that trade.

Thinking it was a joke. But yes you're right. They're now tied, and, barring some freak accident, Bowen will pass him tonight and take sole possession of the current streak.

Spurminator
12-11-2006, 05:28 PM
They're not tied, because Johnson no longer has a consecutive games streak. His streak is currently zero. Bruce is the leader.

whottt
12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread has gone to hell in a hand basket

What does that expression mean? I've always wanted to know that.

boutons_
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Nods to George Carlin, I'd be "more than happy" to google it for you:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-goi1.htm

etc, etc. (which is not spelled "ect")

phyzik
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
What does that expression mean? I've always wanted to know that.

Delivered as a gift to Mark Cubans father, Lucifer.

FromWayDowntown
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
They're not tied, because Johnson no longer has a consecutive games streak. His streak is currently zero. Bruce is the leader.

Well, in terms of historical consecutive games played streaks, I suppose that Johnson and Bowen would either be tied or nearly tied and that if Bruce continues to play, he'll pass Johnson soon and move up the all-time list. I'm not sure that that was the original point (my first thought was the same as yours) but it's nevertheless true.

Spurminator
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I usually prefer to interpret the author's intent in the way that best lends itself to a smart-ass answer. :)