PDA

View Full Version : rape victim gets daughter back

ObiwanGinobili
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2006/12/08/1209metmom.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

Rape victim to get daughter back soon

By YOLANDA RODRÍGUEZ
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/09/06

Her little girl is coming home.

The Cherokee County woman who killed the man who raped her most likely will be able to take her daughter home with her, probably by next week.

First the mother has to complete a psychological evaluation.

"They want to make sure I am of no harm to myself or anyone else," the woman said Friday after a hearing in Juvenile Court in Cherokee County. She hopes to celebrate Christmas with family in Ohio.

"I'm happy I'm getting my daughter back," she said.

The 7-year-old girl was placed in foster care after the Nov. 5 attack.

The youngster was in their rural Cherokee County home when her mother was raped. Authorities have said Gerald A. Lee, who was armed with a shotgun, broke into the house and raped the 38-year-old mother. A fierce battle between Lee and the woman began when he threatened to also rape her daughter. She stabbed Lee several times and was severely injured during the struggle.

Because the woman is a victim of sexual assault, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is not identifying her.

The woman is recovering in an aunt's home.

She said Judge Ellen McElyea presided over her hearing Friday in Juvenile Court to determine if her daughter could go back to live with her.

McElyea did not return a telephone call. Dena Smith, spokeswoman for the state Department of Human Resources, said she could not comment on the DFCS case.

But her friends said they are thrilled.

"We're ecstatic," said Kim Chester, a long-time friend of the woman who is raising money to help the woman get back on her feet. "I feel like justice won. Like prayer won."

The woman echoed that thought: "Thank you for your continued prayers. And the prayers were definitely answered today. My prayers go back to each and every one of you today. Have a Merry Christmas."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

let me get this right - a crazed man witha gun broke into her home in the middle ofthe night, raped her, and then threatened to rape her 7 year old daughter, she fought him and he died.
And they took her kid away??? :dizzy :wtf

if some dude was threatening to rape my girls I fould go at him tooth and nail with everythign i had. damn straight.

I'm so glad she is getting her daughter back. to be raped and then have your kid taken away....... :cry

angel_luv
12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
How awful to go through the rape truma and have the added stress of losing custody of your daughter. Poor lady.
I am glad things are working out for her.