PDA

View Full Version : Does this usually happen?..

LuvBones
12-12-2006, 02:04 AM
I was at Fox & Hound the other night and I had to hand over my credit card to keep an open tab.. I made sure to tell the waitress not to charge my card, that we would pay cash at the end of the night. So we pay cash and she gives me my card but I see now that I was still charged. I know sometimes they will run your card to see if you have the funds but do they put the full amount? I better not get screwed over here because I doubt we kept a receipt (or even got one) and I tried calling but got nothing... I'm starting to worry. The charge right now is still pending but my online statement usually says that the first couple of days. Should I just wait it out?

Kori Ellis
12-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Sometimes they put through an authorization for the full amount (and that creates a pending hold on your account) . And then if you pay cash, they just don't charge it. The authorization should fall off within a couple days.

Southcoast
12-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Pandoras's Box

LuvBones
12-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Sometimes they put through an authorization for the full amount (and that creates a pending hold on your account) . And then if you pay cash, they just don't charge it. The authorization should fall off within a couple days.I hope they didn't charge me... I guess I'll just wait a few days.

ZStomp
12-12-2006, 02:15 AM
So now you're 21 and going to bars huh? Hmmmm

LuvBones
12-12-2006, 02:18 AM
So now you're 21 and going to bars huh? Hmmmmhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif Of course I've got to check them out now.

I should look through Kori's reviews again.. thanks Kori! :tu

ZStomp
12-12-2006, 02:20 AM
i smell a fake ID!

ShoogarBear
12-12-2006, 08:00 AM
If it's a credit card (not a debit card), you can always put a hold on the charges and dispute them. You would need to have some prooof that you paid cash, though.