PDA

View Full Version : GameTime (DAL/UTA) at MavTalk

jmard5
12-12-2006, 03:35 AM
Except for the vBookie sections, are we this bad during game time postings?

Interesting read nevertheless. There are some posters with good (realistic) inputs though.

----------------------------------
aussiewill -

Jonny G's first GT of the year, shayne wont be impressed that he didn't start this one..

The Jazz are going to know their role come the end of this one. I can see Dirk putting on a clinic in the absence of Stack's 10ppg. Isee him going for 35-40 points and thoroughly outplaying the big numbered (this season) Carlos Boozer.

I expect Damp to man the paint pretty well too, getting at least 10 boards and 3 blocks.

Mavs comfortable victors 102-89.

---

ponky - LOL, after reading Shayne's comments about preferring to trade Dirk over Devin on the AI thread, I'm not too impressed with his basketball acumen. Anyway, I'm still awake so I'll post my prediction of a big W for the Mavericks tonight over the Jazz. Mavs should get over a 100 tonight and beat the Jazz something like 97-106.

Do better Devin or you're being benched next week on my fantasy team...I WILL continue to dominate the boys in my league!

---

DEEPMOZ - Obviously a good test for the Mavs, even though the Jazz hasn't been a playoff caliber team in recent history. They are the best right now so beating them would mean something. Kirilenko has always given the Mavs problems and with Boozer playing much better, the Jazz can have the advantage of rebounding and second chance points....both of which can kill the Mavs. Concerned?? Of course....Mavs need this win.

---

physics dude - By the end of the day (well, night to be accurate) the Dallas Mavericks will have the best record in the NBA (tied with the Utah Spazz but we got the tie-breaker):

Dallas over Utah
Clippers over back-to-backed down Spurs
Houston off

Once again constant stream of defensive perimeter players off the bench with experience will assist the Mavs as they pull away at the transition region between 1st and 2nd quarters.

Dallas 91
Utah 85

---

mffl8917 - I think Dirk will probably spend most of his time on Okur and Dampier on Boozer.

Mavs need to win this. Both my favorite football teams got blown out. I need something to make me feel better.

---

ja - The first semi-meaningful Mavs/Jazz game in ages. This is good for me and my family.. sentimental reasons.

Mavs win 113-96 thanks to a refueled JET.

---

shayne - ya, the jazz havn't been this good since the mailman and stockton. I think we'll pull it out, this will be a big game for us. If san antonio loses on a back to back on the road against a strong clippers team, it will end up being a battle for 1st in the west.

---

LeeH - I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Jazz winning 105-95. The Jazz attack the rim and I see the Mavs getting in a little foul trouble. Not to mention the home crowd advantage.

Go Mavs anyway...

---

shayne - what kind of mavs fan picks the jazz over them?

---

I hope it will be something like

Mavericks-146
Jazz-64

That wouldn't avenge the cowboys getting raped but it would easen some pain
It will probably be something more like

Mavericks-98
Jazz-90

---

it would for me
[Smile] . We'll still get to the superbowl, the saints will choke.

---
etc. etc. >> http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006060;p=

----------------------------------

THE SIXTH MAN
12-12-2006, 03:48 AM
That site sucks. I got banned after my first post, and my post wasnt even bashing the mavs. :wtf

Besides there's only about like 5 to 10 people that post on that site anyways. So I wouldn't put to much stock in to what they say.