PDA

View Full Version : my Spurs @ Clippers game blog..

zocool16
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Last night was amazing. I got there early and found that the seats i had were AWESOME, they were next to the rail like promised. To my disappointment however, Tim Duncan had already gone into the locker room, which meant I wouldn't be getting his autograph.

Manu and Parker came over though and I got them both to sign my jersey, I even spoke to Manu, I made him laugh when I told him my gf was in love with him and that I wanted him to score "only" 40 points. Anyways I also crossed words with Bruce and Elson.

When the players came out to start the game from the tunnel I high-fived as many as I could. When Tim Duncan high-fived me I almost went into shock..lol I know it's kinda "weird"...but damn the guy is my idol, I had never been that close to Timmay!. Anyways, a while later Pop came out, I started yelling "DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!" and pump my fist. Pop just looked up and then stared at the floor, coach Carlisimo though pumped his fist back at me. that was cool.

At the end of the game Manu high-fived me really hard, that was soooo cool, Oberto did the same but he had a puzzling expression in his face. Duncan high-fived me AGAIN!!! that was so cool, my gf took a picture of Eva when she came into the locker rooms but later we found out she had taken a pic of the WRONG girl!...

oh and i saw the popular MISTI, I didn't say hi cuz 1) My gf would have been jealous... 2) I think she would have thought I was weird for saying hi.

It was one of the most exciting nights of my life. It would have been perfect if I would have got Duncan to sign my autograph. But hey, you can't have everything.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Solid D
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM
That's great you were able to sit so close to the action and speak with the players and coaches. What was the general reaction of the Staples Center fans to the game and to some of the more special Spurs plays? They didn't seem to be having too much to cheer about. Were there many Spurs fans there?

themvp
12-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Damn. Lucky you.

I wish to see Tim "in live", he's my idol too, but I think this will never happen :(

Phenomanul
12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Last night was amazing. I got there early and found that the seats i had were AWESOME, they were next to the rail like promised. To my disappointment however, Tim Duncan had already gone into the locker room, which meant I wouldn't be getting his autograph.

Manu and Parker came over though and I got them both to sign my jersey, I even spoke to Manu, I made him laugh when I told him my gf was in love with him and that I wanted him to score "only" 40 points. Anyways I also crossed words with Bruce and Elson.

When the players came out to start the game from the tunnel I high-fived as many as I could. When Tim Duncan high-fived me I almost went into shock..lol I know it's kinda "weird"...but damn the guy is my idol, I had never been that close to Timmay!. Anyways, a while later Pop came out, I started yelling "DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!" and pump my fist. Pop just looked up and then stared at the floor, coach Carlisimo though pumped his fist back at me. that was cool.

At the end of the game Manu high-fived me really hard, that was soooo cool, Oberto did the same but he had a puzzling expression in his face. Duncan high-fived me AGAIN!!! that was so cool, my gf took a picture of Eva when she came into the locker rooms but later we found out she had taken a pic of the WRONG girl!...

oh and i saw the popular MISTI, I didn't say hi cuz 1) My gf would have been jealous... 2) I think she would have thought I was weird for saying hi.

It was one of the most exciting nights of my life. It would have been perfect if I would have got Duncan to sign my autograph. But hey, you can't have everything.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Sounds like you had fun.... I had a similar experience with the Spurs back in 2001 at the FleetCenter in Boston.... Memorable experience indeed.

I have this cool picture of Duncan leaning on David Robninson (David had his arms crossed and Tim placed his head on David's shoulder.... I believe he was stretching out his neck....

spursaretheone
12-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Im not trying to one up you or anything but I wasn't able to share this with spurstalk back in 05 but these were my seats to game 7 that will always be a special night for me. Wish I could have met Duncan and Manu and Parker though
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3971/picture0188kj.th.jpg

:clap

baseline bum
12-12-2006, 06:05 PM
That's great you were able to sit so close to the action and speak with the players and coaches. What was the general reaction of the Staples Center fans to the game and to some of the more special Spurs plays? They didn't seem to be having too much to cheer about. Were there many Spurs fans there?

You could definitely hear tons of Spurs fans cheering all game. I'm not sure if it could be heard on tv though. There were tons of people in Spurs jerseys. It reminded me of the old days in Hemisfair when you'd see a million Lakers and Celtics fans when their teams came to town.

zocool16
12-12-2006, 06:05 PM

Well what can I say? Clipper fans aren't that "passionate" as one can expect, my gf and I were much more into the game even before it got out of hand...which was rather quickly. But Clipper fans at least didn't take it to the heart that bad, there were a lot of boos though and negative comments on their own players. They were trying to psych the Spurs' players at the line but nothing that disrespectful. Most fans left with a lot of time still left in the 4th, but the ones that did stay seemed to have an "acceptance attitude" that the spurs were much better and that the clippers just were sucking that night.

There were some spurs fans out there yeah, specially where i sat which was next to the spurs tunnel. I wish there had been one next to us though just to high-five them lol

zocool16
12-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Damn. Lucky you.

I wish to see Tim "in live", he's my idol too, but I think this will never happen :(

depends on where you live, but yeah damn you have to be lucky to get those tix next to the tunnel, but if you get them you're pretty much in because the players are really cool and sign autographs. Manu was the coolest though, I think he was that cool with me though cuz i spoke to him in Spanish but he was cool with everyone, he had to stay for a while cuz everyone wanted his autograph. He really is humble.

Can't say the same for Finley...he didn't do autographs or high-fives...maybe he was mad cuz he didn't have a good game...

TMTTRIO
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
That's really cool. I'm glad you had a lot of fun. yeah Manu's really cool and especially about signing things. He signed my hat and took a picture with me when I saw him when there were many other people wanting him to sign their things. He ended up signing almost everyone's. Also once in a while if your lucky you can catch him on his chat (although he hasn't been on in a while) and get to talk to him. He's a pretty funny guy and it's cool to really talk to him.

nkdlunch
12-12-2006, 07:26 PM
my dream is to go watch the NBA finals in San Antonio. If if happens this year I might really go this time.

zocool16
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
oh damn i forgot to mention the best part... I CAME OUT ON TV!, lol i stayed after the game and went behind those guys that do the ''fox sports report" or something and i was waving behind with a tim duncan portrait, i could see myself on tv, i called my mom so she could see me lol that was such a thrill. I'm famous...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Thanks for giving us a recap, I enjoyed reading it .
That's cool how you got to high five the Spurs.

I need to go to a Spurs game while they still have the three cool cats and are championship contenders!!