PDA

View Full Version : Earl Baggins to help Spurs on quest for the ring?

cheguevara
12-13-2006, 11:54 AM
heard Boykins is on the block. Beno + scrub for him? what do u think?

I'd consider it. Beno sucks, at least we'd get a real NBA backup PG.

mardigan
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
It would be the best thing we have had at the backup spot since Speedy, although I dont know how feasable it is

td4mvp21
12-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I'd do that but Denver won't. :lol I think we'd have to give up more. I'd love to have him though.

Mr. Body
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
No, no, no. The guy dominates the ball and stagnates offenses. He's also, obviously, a defensive liability.

cheguevara
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
He's also, obviously, a defensive liability.

and Beno isnt?????

and offensively ppl actually have to chase his little ass, they can't leave him alone...

He's a clear improvement over Beno period

Mr. Body
12-13-2006, 12:24 PM
He's terrible to offensive sets. He blows them up all on his own with his dribbling around and demanding shots. And yes, he's worse on defense than Beno. Plus he costs twice as much. Maybe you should think this through again.

leemajors
12-13-2006, 12:24 PM
boykins is not a pg. he's a very undersized sg. i'm sure nugget fan would be happy to see him leave though.

cheguevara
12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
He's terrible to offensive sets. He blows them up all on his own with his dribbling around and demanding shots. And yes, he's worse on defense than Beno.

according to you, that's your opinion not a fact

Plus he costs twice as much. Maybe you should think this through again.

I did not say I would do this trade, but I would consider it. I am more thinking towards playoff where Beno becomes a little bitch under pressure.

BTW,

Boykins 10.6 1.5 4.4
Beno 6.5 1.4 2.4

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2006, 12:34 PM
seriously he wont fit into the spurs system

his just another version of NVE but he holds onto the ball longer than runnin down the court usin 10secs and throws up a hail mary and hopes it goes in.

Notorious H.O.P.
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree that Boykins has to dominate the ball too much to be effective. I don't think he would work out well in SA but you can't deny he has a bigger sack than Beno.

ShoogarBear
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Wrong Earl.

Earl Watson is also supposedly on the block.

Great defensive point guard. Not a great shooter but can hit the three. Don't know how well he'd take to backing up TP, though.

And Beno has "Bob Hill guard" written all over him.

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Think Beno, E-Will, and a second rounder might get it done.

Boykins is a MAJOR spark off the bench for any team. The problem is that he'll have a 20pt 10ast game, followed by a 2-12 shooting night with no assists. He's far to inconsistent.

It'd be a risk, but is worth thinking about.

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Same trade could work for Earl Watson.

He's not a major spark and is not a great offensive threat, but he IS consistent on defense and his offensive talent seems untapped.

One has to wonder though, why this guy is on his third team in three years. He had run-ins with Karl and now Hill....kinda makes you wonder about his character.

Bruno
12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
No.

Boykins is a ballhog, a chucker and is too shot to be effective in defense against most of the PGs. He is too older and more expensive than Beno.

VaSpursFan
12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
no. he's too short which will put a lot more pressure on the rest of the defense.

MoSpur
12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Boykins is a little spark plug off the bench at times, but shoots too damn much. I'd rather have Beno. He is more of a true point guard than Boykins. Boykins is more of a shooting guard because of all the shots he takes.

ManuTastic
12-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I'd rather have SJax, whom Indiana is openly trying to move.

SenorSpur
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
He's terrible to offensive sets. He blows them up all on his own with his dribbling around and demanding shots. And yes, he's worse on defense than Beno. Plus he costs twice as much. Maybe you should think this through again.

....and how!

MrChug
12-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Defensive liability, but so was AJ. The guys a devistating force off the bench, a crowd pleaser and a good clutch performer. Top-tier free throw shooter too. I've always said I'd love to see him in a Spurs uni.

nkdlunch
12-13-2006, 03:08 PM
not to mention a one two punch of Parker and Boykins, with their speed would be fun to watch.

I'd say come playoff time, it does not sound like a bad trade. and defensively Beno is no better than the worst defensive PG in the league.(which is probably Boykins...)

Beno just sucks that bad!

lefty
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Remember last time we played Dallas, they killed us with theur 3's (ok, our D sucked that night) ; my point is, Dallas has good shooters, and if someone posts up Boykins = defensive help= good ball movement for Dallas = 3's afer 3's

No thanks

Spurminator
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Go visit a Nuggets message board for a little while, then come back and tell us if you still want Earl Boykins.

T-Pain
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
id go for it. lets bring in earl.

dg7md
12-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Watch Boykins suck at freethrows if he comes here.

dg7md
12-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Go visit a Nuggets message board for a little while, then come back and tell us if you still want Earl Boykins.

Same can be said about everytime a Spurs player here has a bad game.

How many TRADE DUNCAN, TRADE GINOBILI, TRADE PARKER, TRADE FINLEY, TRADE BENO, or TRADE HORRY threads have there been?!

The Truth #6
12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Fuck Midget Ball.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm all for Earl Watson (although isn't he being overpaid, like 5mil per?), not so much for Earl Boykins. Watson can defend and distribute, and that's what we need in our backup PG. We have enough shooters (even though 2 of them are horrible right now), and Watson isn't a bad offensive player.

2centsworth
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
getting a legit NBA player in Boykins for a scab in Beno doesn't sound all that bad.

Budkin
12-13-2006, 11:14 PM
No fucking way. The tree frog sucks.

T-Pain
12-14-2006, 12:38 AM
No fucking way. The tree frog sucks.
yeah i tend to prefer the lion

AFBlue
01-05-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_5258192,00.html

Short jumpers

• The Nuggets are likely to pay the luxury tax, but this season's payroll might end up being similar to a team barely over the tax line. The Nuggets are in line to pay about $2.8 million in tax and also miss out on the league's initial distribution of $2 million to $3 million to nontax teams. But the Nuggets expect insurance to pay $4.5 million of injured Kenyon Martin's $11.82 million base salary for missing all but two games. And the Nuggets have looked into league guidelines that would allow them to save half the luxury tax on salaries lost because of league suspensions. With suspensions scheduled to cost Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith and Nene a combined $838,632, that would be a tax savings of $419,316.

• Nothing is urgent, but don't be surprised if the Nuggets bring in a true point guard with some size. "I'm not going to deny it's been talked about," said Karl, whose two points, 6-foot Allen Iverson and 5-5 Earl Boykins, often shoot more than pass.

I saw this story and thought I'd revive the Beno/Boykins trade talk. There's a need for the nuggets to add size at the PG position and there's a need for the Spurs to add bench energy and scoring, so there's a fit. But that would still leave the Spurs short in the rebounding category. What if they could kill two birds with one stone...

PG Udrih
SF Williams
2nd Round Pick - 2007
Cash Considerations

for

PG Boykins
PF Evans

For the Spurs it would add scoring at the point and rebounding. For the Nuggets it would add the big, passing guard and an expiring contract to get them under the luxury tax threshold next year to utilize the full MLE.

Impossible? Bad trade? What do you think?

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2007, 08:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA. Boykins. He's got 30 years. Fuck that, don't need that old little baller.

Bruno
01-05-2007, 08:24 AM
With Boykins as backup, Parker will look like Steve Nash. :spin

AFBlue
01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA. Boykins. He's got 30 years. Fuck that, don't need that old little baller.

30 ain't old and his contract has a player option at the end of this year, so it's not like we'd keep him until he's 40. Glad I could make you laugh though...

AFBlue
01-05-2007, 08:31 AM
With Boykins as backup, Parker will look like Steve Nash. :spin

4 apg ain't bad, but I don't think you're wrong. He'd definitely be a shoot-first type of player. My hope would be that those shots go in, unlike Finley's and Horry's, etc.

Extra Stout
01-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Boykins is not all that great of a player.

But c'mon, we're talking about Beno Udrih here. Beno is terrible. He doesn't belong in the NBA. He is an embarrassment. His manhood is highly questionable.

Boykins, for all his shortcomings, would be an upgrade simply because he is a legitimate NBA player.

I don't know that Denver even would do the trade unless R.C. can trick them into believing that Beno is a true NBA point guard.

nkdlunch
01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
exactly. Boykins >>>> Beno. hell, the coyote >>> Beno.

Pero
01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Heh, when seeing the thread title I actually thought there was a player whose last name is Baggins. :lol

Celtic Pride
01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Sure it's not Frodo Baggins to help Spurs on quest for the ring?