PDA

View Full Version : Denver and Indiana top of list for A.I.

mardigan
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Heard it from Ric Buecher on NBA fastbreak, no link, but I trust Buecher

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
And by tomorrow, Indiana will have taken their name out of it and the Timberwolves will be hot again working a three-team trade....

I don't doubt the accuracy of the report, just that we really won't know anything definitive until it's already over with, because the media is saturated with varying reports.

I'm to the point where I just want the speculation to be over and for him to be traded. I could care less where he goes....unless it's Dallas.

mardigan
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah I realize its all speculation, just putting it out there. A.I. has also stated that Indiana is a place he would love to play, they have the pieces to trade, and the defenders needed to play around him, along with a low post threat. Seems like it would be a decent fit

MrChug
12-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I know Buecher always knows what he's talking about...and the fact is that he didnt GUARANTEE anything either.

mardigan
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
No he didnt, he was just answering a question from Legler

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Well at least we know he wouldn't "veto" the trade to Indy then. And I think Indiana has the will and the means to make something happen. Not sure how AI would effect O'Neal's performance, but he certainly wouldn't make them worse. If they can get AI w/o giving up Granger, I think they'd win out in that deal.

The Denver thing makes NO sense to me, but like you said...it's just speculation.

ManuTastic
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
I could care less where he goes....unless it's Dallas.

Holy crap I'd love it if he went to Dallas. He'd kill that team so fast it'd make your head spin. :smokin

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Holy crap I'd love it if he went to Dallas. He'd kill that team so fast it'd make your head spin. :smokin

Well I doubt it's gonna happen, but it depends who Dallas is willing to give up in order to get AI. I heard the expiring contracts of Croshere OR Stackhouse, but I assume the Sixers would want at least Harris in the deal.

It's possible that the Mavs could be "killed" if they kept Terry AND Iverson (most selfish backcourt in league history), but that'd be too much talent to ignore.

Starting Five

PG Iverson
SG Terry
SF Howard
PF Dirk
C Diop

That's a step away from an all-star team...and that's scary.

z0sa
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
knicks have an all star team too.

we all know how good theyre doing

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
knicks have an all star team too.

we all know how good theyre doing

Marbury and Francis are nowhere near the players they once were, and at their peak...were not allen iverson. I would argue that Terry is better than both right now. And Curry is not on Dirk's level as far as talent or more importantly, maturity.

I'm not suggesting that their team chemistry wouldn't take a hit, but I wouldn't say they'd be KILLED by that trade. It's possible, but it's also possible that it makes them the clear choice to come out of the west, depending on what pieces they'd give up to have him.

I said at the beginning though, that I thought the deal wouldn't happen. Hypothetically though, it COULD be scary.

Rynospursfan
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Well at least we know he wouldn't "veto" the trade to Indy then. And I think Indiana has the will and the means to make something happen. Not sure how AI would effect O'Neal's performance, but he certainly wouldn't make them worse. If they can get AI w/o giving up Granger, I think they'd win out in that deal.

The Denver thing makes NO sense to me, but like you said...it's just speculation.

There is no "veto", Kobe is the only player in the NBA known to have a no trade clause. And why wouldn't Denver make any sense, they have a ton of bigs and very few guards. Plus any way to get out of that horrible Nene contract would be a plus.

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
There is no "veto", Kobe is the only player in the NBA known to have a no trade clause. And why wouldn't Denver make any sense, they have a ton of bigs and very few guards. Plus any way to get out of that horrible Nene contract would be a plus.

I know there's no official no-trade clause...I also read ESPN. That's why "veto" was in quotes.

He may not have the power to officially veto, but if the team is wary of whether he'll report or will take a while to warm up to the idea, it's understandable that they would close the door on a deal.

On Denver, I understand they have the "means" to make a deal, but it doesn't make sense from a practicallity standpoint. Carmelo is a great scorer, but does not have the "unselfish" streak that LeBron possesses. I think it would be tough for those two to play together.

And you successfully pointed out that the Nene contract is horrible, so why would Philly agree to taking it on? They already have the horrible contract of Dalembert to deal with.

Maybe it happens, but if it does, I just don't see how either team really benefits.

Edit: Couple more things...

With the emergence of JR Smith, they have a reliable two-guard, so that "no guards" argument is a bit off-base. Not to mention Miller and Boykins are more scorers than distributors....

On the bigs, they have Marcus Camby and Reggie Evans. K-Mart is constantly injured...so they're not a solid in the front court as one would think.

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16233953.htm (http://)

Denver pitches three-way trade for idle IversonBy David Aldridge
Inquirer Staff Writer
Yesterday's installment of the Allen Iverson trade saga had the Denver Nuggets exploring an alternate way to obtain the 76ers' all-star guard, and the Golden State Warriors taking a step back and perhaps getting ready to drop out.

A source said yesterday that the Nuggets might be trying to involve a third team, the Portland Trail Blazers, in the deal. The proposed trade would send forward Nene to the Trail Blazers, who then would ship center Jamaal Magloire to the Sixers.

The Nuggets would send another player, possibly former Sixer Joe Smith, to the Sixers, and the Sixers would direct Iverson to Denver.

Magloire and Smith would give Sixers general manager Billy King what he wants: contracts in their last season. The 6-foot-11 Magloire, in his seventh NBA season, is making $8.3 million. Smith, a former No. 1 overall pick, is making $6.8 million.

Nene is making $10 million in the first year of a five-year contract, but as a base-year player, the Nuggets can take back only $6.35 million in salary.

The source also said the Warriors might be out of the running for Iverson. The West Coast team was believed to have offered guard Baron Davis.

With King unavailable for comment, there was no indication whether a deal was near. Iverson was on the inactive list for the fourth straight game.

kingsfan
12-14-2006, 09:06 AM
last night they said Heat were interested so who knows? There's only 29 teams to trade with, we're running out of teams. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 09:14 AM
last night they said Heat were interested so who knows? There's only 29 teams to trade with, we're running out of teams. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I know, I even said yesterday I was fed up with the rumors and today I'm adding to them. But it's a slow day at work so....

Oh and the Heat thing is being blown way out of proportion. Riley said he was interested, the Sixers didn't say a damn thing in return....

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
On the article:

I again think it wouldn't be practical for the Nuggets to add Iverson. Especially if Andre Miller, Earl Boykins, and JR Smith aren't leaving town. That'd be alot of scorers sharing the ball...or maybe they wouldn't share. Imagine this line up:

PG Iverson
SG Miller
SF Smith
PF Melo
C Camby

mardigan
12-14-2006, 10:21 AM
The Nuggets would incluce Miller, Nene, and Smith in the trade. Now they are saying the Heat want AI, now wouldnt that be something

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
The Nuggets would incluce Miller, Nene, and Smith in the trade. Now they are saying the Heat want AI, now wouldnt that be something

The article I'm referencing says nothing about Miller or Smith. It talks about Joe Smith, not JR. Not saying that one of those key pieces wouldn't be included, just that they aren't mentioned.

Of course the Heat want AI, but they've got an oft-injured pg in Williams and two overpaid SF in Walker and Posey. Just because they have interest, doesn't mean they've got the pieces to do the deal.

ducks
12-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I say ai goes to a team no one is talking about
most trades do that anyhow safe bet

nkdlunch
12-14-2006, 10:48 AM
I am 100% ai will go to the west. no way they want him to come more than once to philly

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I say ai goes to a team no one is talking about
most trades do that anyhow safe bet

Here's the problem...I think virtually every team has been mentioned in connection with rumors. This is just rediculous...I want something to happen like yesterday :hungry:

himat
12-14-2006, 09:38 PM
AI my favorite player.

Indiana on of my least favorite teams.

Not a good combo.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
You should email Iverson and tell him that.

kingsfan
12-14-2006, 09:42 PM
AI my favorite player.

Indiana on of my least favorite teams.

Not a good combo.I'm sure Billy King is taking that into consideration http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

himat
12-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm sure Billy King is taking that into consideration http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I hope not. Besides JO who would Philly get, and why would they want JO if they need help at gaurd?

The_Game
12-15-2006, 11:45 AM
AI on denver means they will contend for the title

you put two superstars togeather and you will contend.