PDA

View Full Version : 76ers Finishing Deal With Warriors?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Warriors working to land Iverson

By MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Allen Iverson

Allen Iverson's departure from Philadelphia might be coming very soon, as Sixers GM Billy King told another Eastern Conference executive last night that he has "two deals on the table, ready to go."

One of the deals King was strongly considering is with Golden State, for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player. In addition to Iverson, the Warriors would get backup center Steven Hunter. While a source close to one of the players involved called the deal "done," the Sixers remain quiet about where they will be sending Iverson.

"It makes sense for the Sixers to make the deal with Golden State," an Eastern Conference executive said last night. "It's the situation the Pacers were in last year with Ron Artest. It's better to get those guys out of your conference, unless you're getting a blockbuster in return."

Meanwhile, the Warriors' opponents last night, the Kings, took themselves out of contention for Iverson, according to co-owner Joe Maloof. The Pacers and Celtics were regarded as the teams in the East trying hardest to get Iverson. But a league official said that his conversations with the Pacers strongly indicated that they are just about out of the running, since they don't want to part with Danny Granger or any other players King wanted.

Since announcing last week that they are trading their disgruntled superstar, the Sixers have been holding out for a deal that will get them a combination of the following: players with expiring contracts, so they can avoid paying the luxury tax next season; a good young player; and draft picks. Earlier yesterday, they reportedly rejected the Clippers' offer of Corey Maggette and Cuttino Mobley, with Mobley's deal having three more years to run at nearly $30 million.

Earlier in trade talks, Golden State had been trying to move veterans with long-term deals, including Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle. But the Sixers asked for Biedrins - a third-year player who turns 21 in April - Monta Ellis or Mickael Pietrus. If the deal with Golden State goes through, it will allow Iverson to play in Don Nelson's freewheeling offensive system. The Warriors feel that Iverson would give them a great chance to get into the playoffs for the first time since 1994.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/479693p-403581c.html

2Cleva
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Word out of GS already say thats fell apart. Either AI not wanting to go to GS or Warriors not willing to pay that price.

Chris Childs
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Iverson please come to new york!

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Word out of GS already say thats fell apart. Either AI not wanting to go to GS or Warriors not willing to pay that price.

Don't blame them for axing that deal if it was GS who called it off. Biedrins has been a monster and isn't yet 21 yrs old. This kid gets overlooked with all of the prominent young bigs, but he's better than Darko, Jefferson, and just about anyone not named Howard.

If I were GS, I wouldn't let go of this guy...he's legit.

timvp
12-13-2006, 02:02 PM
If the Sixers got Andris Biedrins, they'd be a huge steal -- even for Allen Iverson. Biedrins is a stud on a level not too far under Dwight Howard.

picnroll
12-13-2006, 02:10 PM
GS is stupid if they trade Biendrins. I would SOOOO love to see him on the Spurs. He'll have a qualifying offer in '08. I'd like to see the Spurs target him.

Texas_Ranger
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Iverson please come to new york!

He would not make New York better.

Iverson, Marbury and Francis in the same team. :lol

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
GS is stupid if they trade Biendrins. I would SOOOO love to see him on the Spurs. He'll have a qualifying offer in '08. I'd like to see the Spurs target him.

Provided he doesn't sign a multi-million dollar multi-year suspension right? He'd be great for the Spurs, but it aint gonna happen.

picnroll
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Provided he doesn't sign a multi-million dollar multi-year suspension right? He'd be great for the Spurs, but it aint gonna happen.
Nope. Isn't going to happen. Best shot would be if he stayed with GS and they were cornered in by other big contracts. Chances are .0001% but gotta have a dream.

AFBlue
12-13-2006, 03:22 PM
We might be able to get a player like him in the '07 Draft....Tiago Splitter. He's listed at 7' 240lb, plays for Tau Ceramica and the concerns about his "buyout" might shy some teams away from taking him until mid-late first round. The Spurs could probably put a package together to get themselves in a position to draft him.

Again, this is another longshot, but possible.

dg7md
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Warriors would be dumb to trade Baron, and even dumber to trade Biedrins WITH him. Biedrins will be great, and Baron is one of the best PG's around, but he does get hurt quite a bit.

Honestly Iverson isn't worth a lot to trade for, the Kings probably need a huge shake-up so even if the Kings are reported out of it, why would they be? Aside from the disaster of the possibility of Iverson and Artest in the same lineup...

Bob Lanier
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
That'll be interesting for the Pistons if true. Chauncey Billups is Baron's personal bitch, even more than he's A.I.'s.

Steven Hunter's a very solid player; I think he's better than Dalembert and certainly cheaper. He could fit pretty well into a Nellie system.

Rynospursfan
12-13-2006, 04:16 PM
We might be able to get a player like him in the '07 Draft....Tiago Splitter. He's listed at 7' 240lb, plays for Tau Ceramica and the concerns about his "buyout" might shy some teams away from taking him until mid-late first round. The Spurs could probably put a package together to get themselves in a position to draft him.

Again, this is another longshot, but possible.

If Tiago Splitter has proven one thing it is that he will not stay in the draft if he is not at least a lottery pick if not top 5.

picnroll
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Splitter has no choice. He's in by age.

JLH Fans
12-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Biendris +Diddy for Iverson?!?!?
I cannot believe it.
Mullin would be the stupidest GM in the league if he do it.

RonMexico
12-13-2006, 04:29 PM

That would be the beauty of it... It's like the Perfect Storm

Rip-Hamilton32
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM

lol the odds are either marbury or francis would have to be in the trade anyways

Axl Van Dam
12-13-2006, 05:53 PM

:downspin: Betcha these 3, if Iverson does land in NY, will have fistfights because all 3 of them wants the ball in their hands :downspin:

Bruno
12-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Getting Biedrins will be a huge steal but it seems that it was a false rumor.
A member of Warrior's staff has said that people are "on crack" to think that Warriors will do that trade.

The situation seems to be more and more difficult for Sixers. Last rumor that I've read is Iverson to Denver for Miller + Joe Smith + 1st.

JLH Fans
12-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Getting Biedrins will be a huge steal but it seems that it was a false rumor.
A member of Warrior's staff has said that people are "on crack" to think that Warriors will do that trade.

The situation seems to be more and more difficult for Sixers. Last rumor that I've read is Iverson to Denver for Miller + Joe Smith + 1st.

Bahhh...Even Foye+RD+Griffin would be better for the 76ers IMO.

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Biendris +Diddy for Iverson?!?!?
I cannot believe it.
Mullin would be the stupidest GM in the league if he do it.

Mullin gave $41 million to Adonal Foyle and $36 million to Derek Fisher. My only question is why Philly isn't getting Ellis, JRich, Ike, and Pietrus, and sending Webber back in the deal too.

JLH Fans
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :spin
Mullin gave $41 million to Adonal Foyle and $36 million to Derek Fisher. My only question is why Philly isn't getting Ellis, JRich, Ike, and Pietrus, and sending Webber back in the deal too.

Bruno
12-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Bahhh...Even Foye+RD+Griffin would be better for the 76ers IMO.

Foye+RD+Griffin isn't enough to match AI salary. Wolves must include another player and I don't see Sixers taking an average player (like Jaric, Hudson, Hassel, James) with a long term contract.
I guess that Wolves should find a third team to take one of these player and send an expiring contract to Sixers.

JLH Fans
12-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Foye+RD+Griffin isn't enough to match AI salary. Wolves must include another player and I don't see Sixers taking an average player (like Jaric, Hudson, Hassel, James) with a long term contract.
I guess that Wolves should find a third team to take one of these player and send an expiring contract to Sixers.

I know.We should include Huddy's contract,but....Only a few teams have a big expiring.