PDA

View Full Version : julio lugo 4 yrs. $36 million

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2006, 06:48 PM
...will someone explain to me why the red sox gave lugo $9 million per year? he was already overpaid at just under $5 million.

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2006, 08:29 PM
well, i think its craziness. craziness i tell ya...monopoly money?

leemajors
12-13-2006, 08:47 PM
he does have a decent bat, but his defense is a bit lacking.

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
he does have a decent bat, but his defense is a bit lacking.

...lugo is not even close to worth $9 million. thats a fucking joke.

BeerIsGood!
12-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Baseball contracts are going astronomical this offseason. Mediocre players are getting superstar contracts and less than average players are still getting big money. I knew I should have played more baseball growing up...

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Baseball contracts are going astronomical this offseason. Mediocre players are getting superstar contracts and less than average players are still getting big money. I knew I should have played more baseball growing up...

no kidding. think about it...julio lugo is getting roughly $10 million a year. $10 million!!! thats beyond crazy...its...the type of moves that happen before the world blows up. seriously, everything ceases to exist...

leemajors
12-13-2006, 10:49 PM
...lugo is not even close to worth $9 million. thats a fucking joke.

well of course it's a joke. he came up with the stros, they let him go after his wife beating incident.

slayermin
12-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Lugo can play 2B, SS, 3B, and a little outfield. It gives Francona lineup flexibility against lefty or righty pitchers. Chone Figgins does the same for the Angeles.

At nine mill a year, he's overpaid but he's not the only one.

johngateswhiteley
12-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Lugo can play 2B, SS, 3B, and a little outfield. It gives Francona lineup flexibility against lefty or righty pitchers. Chone Figgins does the same for the Angeles.

Slayer, give me a break man. this is julio lugo we are talking about, dude is barely worth half his salary @ $9 million. not to mention he is not even a top 20 2B or SS and he is getting $9 million. like i said....the sky, is falling.

slayermin
12-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Slayer, give me a break man. this is julio lugo we are talking about, dude is barely worth half his salary @ $9 million. not to mention he is not even a top 20 2B or SS and he is getting $9 million. like i said....the sky, is falling.

He isn't worth nine mill. I agree.

But before he was traded to the Dodgers, he was on pace to hit around 20 homers and steal close to 40 bases. I think Boston was looking at his production with Tampa Bay rather his Dodger tenure.

MajorMike
12-14-2006, 09:04 AM

This is the whole arguement we had this past year about Polanco. You can always argue both ways. I guess the bottom line is if a team believes he is worth the money than he is. Whether he earns it or not is a diff story.

johngateswhiteley
12-14-2006, 04:33 PM
This is the whole arguement we had this past year about Polanco. You can always argue both ways. I guess the bottom line is if a team believes he is worth the money than he is. Whether he earns it or not is a diff story.

thats fine, but nothing he has done in the past has warranted a $5 million salary...let alone $9 million. btw, does anybody know what other teams offered him, cause to get that type of money for not doing much in his entire career puzzles me. i doubt teams were getting in a bidding war for someone who hits under .290, has no pop in the bat, and defense leaves something to be desired.

Spurminator
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Supply and demand.