PDA

View Full Version : mavs vs kobe

dallaskd
12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
bryant lights us up every time. we better d up this time cuz we been playing sloppy lately.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
i shall start the shit talking early.....

dirk nowitzki is soft as fuck

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Odom's out for a while and LA played last night. Dallas should mop the floor with them.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Dallas will lose!

mabber
12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Odom's out for a while and LA played last night. Dallas should mop the floor with them.

Yeah, they should but they probably won't. Mavs have struggled against the Lakers (even after Shaq left). I would be a little surprised if the Lakers won but only cuz the Mavs are coming off a loss. Lakers can win this game though.

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 08:04 PM
No they can't. Odom is reason #1A for their improved record (with #1B being 16 of their first 20 games being played at home).

1Parker1
12-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Easy win for the Mavs, I predict blowout. No Odom and a back to back for Miami.

:lol Unless of course, Kobe decides to outscore the entire Mavs team by himself again :smokin

BUMP
12-13-2006, 08:35 PM
ive never ever been so confident before a Laker game than now. they just used a lot of energy last night to win without Odom and its a back2back. they will have no energy. the Lakers have no chance to beat the Mavs tonight, and ive never said that before

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Gotta stop...or at least slow down Kobe. Simple as that.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
kobe will rape the mavericks!

LA24
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Phil better not put crap no-D Brian Cook on Dirk !!!! :madrun

Cook better not even play tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
kobe will rape the mavericks!

The Kings are doing great.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
is it just me or has this suns/heat game turned out to be a good one?

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 09:20 PM
^ yeah. The suns can't keep a lead and Quinn and Kapono is playing good ball. But Nash just hit a huge 3

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:26 PM
if posey woulda hit the 3 it would have been reachable, but now its impossible

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:28 PM
marions hair is making me trip out

#1kingsfan
12-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Howard looks like a horse.... =/

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
avery looks like a demon

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Nowitzki has 4 assists 3 1/2 minutes into the game. I told you this game would be a joke.

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 09:48 PM
LA's defense is pathetic.

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 09:51 PM
LAMO! LA's broadcasters just said Dampier looked like Romo against the Saints when he threw a long pass right into Luke Walton's hands.

#1kingsfan
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Dirk is having a pretty good game so far.

baseline bum
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Man, LA looks like a completely different team when they have Bynum in as opposed to scrub-ass Kwame Brown.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
lakers gonna handle town biddness!

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Good first quarter. Dirk and Howard starting off hot. :tu

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
if kobe starts lighting it up yall are fucked

RonMexico
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Terry, Dirk, and Howard are hitting their open shots - they'll have this one if it stays that way.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
i hate listening to jason terry interviews.......

RonMexico
12-13-2006, 10:53 PM

It's terrible isn't it? The best are when he throws in things like, "Praise Jesus... Thank the Lord I was hitting 3's today"

Budkin
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I just think about him missing that 3 at the end of Game 6 of the Finals. Wonder what God was thinking about that one? :lol

01Snake
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Cheering when Kobe goes down. Nice fans.

dav4463
12-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I wish Odom would have been able to guard Dirk.

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 11:27 PM
the lakers are coming back

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 11:29 PM
wow @ kobe calling himself "mamba the killer black snake"

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Diop it like it's hot!

ducks
12-13-2006, 11:34 PM
dirk gets the call
shocked not

dg7md
12-13-2006, 11:37 PM
"Praise Jesus... Thank the Lord I was hitting 3's today"

:lol

Dirk Nowitzki
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
15-7! up 2 after 3 this game is over we are just letting the Lakers hang around. :elephant :elephant Mavs win baby!!!!! :downspin: :clap :clap :clap FUCK you lakers!!!!

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 11:41 PM
dirk blowcockski in your fucking dreams

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
:lol :lol

dirk4mvp
12-13-2006, 11:56 PM
nice bail out

dg7md
12-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Kobe's gonna get 45+ points in the next meeting.

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:01 AM
dirk4mvp,

Looks like your team cannot keep a lead either tonight. So, try to think before you write!

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:03 AM
^ haven't they opened up a 12 point lead in the 4th after being up 2 at the end of the 3rd?

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:04 AM
dirk4mvp,

Also we have not been blown out this year like your team has been either so I would not go tooting your horn just yet.

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Nashfan,

I thank you for telling me what I already know. I'll toot my van horn all I want.

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:12 AM
That is with your starters in the game. We had the bench in the game when we lost the lead and the Suns get bored easily with bad teams.

01Snake
12-14-2006, 12:14 AM
When did Cuban turn into such a lardass?

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:16 AM
When did Cuban turn into such a lardass?

Dirk fucked up the exercise bike, alas no physical fitness.

That is with your starters in the game. We had the bench in the game when we lost the lead and the Suns get bored easily with bad teams.

Okkkayyy. The suns damn near let the likes of Quinn and Kapono (wtf?) win, not Wade or Shaq.

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:31 AM
dirk4mvp,

That was with our bench playing if you read my earlier post! :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:33 AM
So, who's fault is that? If you're getting your ass waxed by bench players....playing your own bench players, shouldn't you put in your starters so waxing of the ass would cease?

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Oh, also Mavs won just by nine points and that is with their starters playing heavy minutes and without Lamar Odom playing who I think is playing much better than Kobe this year. Actually, I think the Lakers play better without Kobe as he jacks up a lot of shots and without him they play as a team. Just don't like you saying that the Suns give up leads without you looking at what your own team does also. As I also said we have not been blown out this year, all our losses are close games and were earlier in the year and against playoff teams with the Suns have a ton of back to back games early in the schedule. They are now gelling and only getting better. They still have a long way to go but they are getting there. Also did I mention that this was the fifth game of a long road trip and the Suns went 5 and 0? They had to be physically tired as well as mentally tired after that road trip so it was to be expected that they lost focus against Miami without any challenge with Shaq and Wade out. So, what is the Mavs excuse tonight?

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:41 AM
We did finally put some of our starters back in to end the Heats run. Helps if you watch the game you know before you speak!

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:43 AM
So, what is the Mavs excuse tonight?

Thanks for not making sense. They got it done. They chalked a W. I guess the only excuse is that they didn't win by 10? Dirk didn't get 2 extra assist for a t-d?

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 12:45 AM
We did finally put some of our starters back in to end the Heats run. Helps if you watch the game you know before you speak!

I did watch. I watched a crippled heat team make a run after being down 25+.

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 12:51 AM
I give up trying to talk with you and have you understand that we are not the only team that gives up leads. :bang That is my point! :lol If you cannot understand this then I guess it is hopeless trying to talk with you. :rolleyes Apparently the Mavs can do no wrong in your opinion and only the Suns give up leads. Every team at one time or another gives up leads, as I said tonight the Suns did not feel challenged with Shaq and Wade out and lost focus and interest. Happens to the best of teams. :spin

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
No, only the Mavs opponents don't give up leads - that's why they get blown out against Utah and the Clips... :lol

I guess when Dirk actually gets a triple-double, then he can be considered in MVP talk. Unfortunately, he'll never be that well-rounded of a player.

And it wasn't a "crippled" Heat team - it was a bunch of young guys playing with the energy the veterans on the Suns should have been playing with, much like last night's game in Houston where they went on a 25-1 run and came up short because of their inexperience. It was a lucky win for the Suns (Nash's 3 really put the game away, though - hmmm, wonder why he's an MVP-winner...) and a good showing for the Heat's young guys...

Nashfan
12-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey, RonMexico,

Don't forget that the Mavs got blown out against the Wizards also if I remember correctly! I agree it was a lucky win for the Suns after they goofed around and did not stay focused tonight. Seem to start when Banks came in. Cannot really stand that guy. We need a better point guard to back up Nash in my opinion.

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey, RonMexico,

Don't forget that the Mavs got blown out against the Wizards also if I remember correctly! I agree it was a lucky win for the Suns after they goofed around and did not stay focused tonight. Seem to start when Banks came in. Cannot really stand that guy. We need a better point guard to back up Nash in my opinion.

I know - and Banks can be good - I've played with him in video games - I know he has potential. His confidence must be out of whack or something. He looks confused out there and starts rushing things. I thought that game against Philly was the one where he'd turn it around, but it didn't happen. He's a good, young, fast player and one that can pressure the ball, but he has to play consistently, or Nash is going to wear down.

Barbosa does not cut it as a backup PG - he's a natural 2-guard and does not do a good job creating his own shot or dishing off to teammates. Barbosa is most effective shooting a spot up 3 or getting set-up heading to the basket.

phyzik
12-14-2006, 02:02 AM
So who won??? I dont bother watching "lesser" teams... Damn peasants :lol

ponky
12-14-2006, 02:05 AM
So who won??? I dont bother watching "lesser" teams... Damn peasants :lol

shouldn't you be worrying about your BTB game tomorrow? :spin

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 07:16 AM
I give up trying to talk with you and have you understand that we are not the only team that gives up leads. :bang That is my point! :lol If you cannot understand this then I guess it is hopeless trying to talk with you. :rolleyes Apparently the Mavs can do no wrong in your opinion and only the Suns give up leads. Every team at one time or another gives up leads, as I said tonight the Suns did not feel challenged with Shaq and Wade out and lost focus and interest. Happens to the best of teams. :spin

hey dumbass,

every team gives up leads at some pont. No team gives up more big leads tha.....the suns.

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 07:57 AM
hey dumbass,

every team gives up leads at some pont. No team gives up more big leads tha.....the suns.

That's true... at least they get those leads, unlike you guys who get your asses handed against Utah, LA, and Detroit.

JLH Fans
12-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey, RonMexico,

Very "funny" that the guy who is not good enough to back up Nash,was good enough to be our starting PG last year. :depressed

BUMP
12-14-2006, 09:15 AM
lol @ the Nashfan

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
That's true... at least they get those leads, unlike you guys who get your asses handed against Utah, LA, and Detroit.
And beat the Suns...

mabber
12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I know - and Banks can be good - I've played with him in video games - I know he has potential. His confidence must be out of whack or something. He looks confused out there and starts rushing things. I thought that game against Philly was the one where he'd turn it around, but it didn't happen. He's a good, young, fast player and one that can pressure the ball, but he has to play consistently, or Nash is going to wear down.

Barbosa does not cut it as a backup PG - he's a natural 2-guard and does not do a good job creating his own shot or dishing off to teammates. Barbosa is most effective shooting a spot up 3 or getting set-up heading to the basket.

As a Sun's fan, are you worried at all that they maybe playing Amare too much already? I think they should be even more cautious with him than they are being.

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
As a Sun's fan, are you worried at all that they maybe playing Amare too much already? I think they should be even more cautious with him than they are being.

I don't know yet... I was more concerned at the beginning of the year, but now he just seems to be getting stronger each game. He was having drop-offs from game-to-game early in the year (and he was sucking), so his minutes were down - perhaps that was just conditioning. But the fact that he was in the 4th game of a road trip and goes 40 mins and scores 30 pts against Dwight Howard on the 2nd game of a B2B makes me feel much more comfortable about his progress. It's not like last year where he scores 20+ against Portland and we declare him "back" and then he's done for the season 2 games later.

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Very "funny" that the guy who is not good enough to back up Nash,was good enough to be our starting PG last year. :depressed

See... he played well in Minny, though. I think he lit up the Suns for 25 one night so that must have caught their attention enough to sign him. I've been waiting for that player all year.

mabber
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know yet... I was more concerned at the beginning of the year, but now he just seems to be getting stronger each game. He was having drop-offs from game-to-game early in the year (and he was sucking), so his minutes were down - perhaps that was just conditioning. But the fact that he was in the 4th game of a road trip and goes 40 mins and scores 30 pts against Dwight Howard on the 2nd game of a B2B makes me feel much more comfortable about his progress. It's not like last year where he scores 20+ against Portland and we declare him "back" and then he's done for the season 2 games later.

I just hope they don't play him too much cuz another injury would suck. I'm hoping he gets all or most of the way back cuz he's an amazing talent and is fun to watch.

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I just hope they don't play him too much cuz another injury would suck. I'm hoping he gets all or most of the way back cuz he's an amazing talent and is fun to watch.

I agree completely - I'm really hoping he doesn't wear down - he's not showing any signs of knee trouble or favoring it like he was last year and early this season/summer. Not only is he incredibly fun to watch, but he's a key to any kind of playoff run in this year's Western Conference.

BUMP
12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
it would be nice if Amare learned some post moves

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 07:00 PM
it would be nice if Amare learned some post moves

Meh - he's got some... he needs more... he has more than Dirk has, that's for sure...

He just needs to get the 15-19 ft jumper down solid.

1Parker1
12-14-2006, 08:54 PM

:lmao :lmao Me too!!! I thought I was the only one.

I don't know what it is, but he just sounds so....fake and annoying!! I especially love the, "It's all in God's hands, that's why we got the lead..." :lol

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 09:37 PM
:lmao :lmao Me too!!! I thought I was the only one.

I don't know what it is, but he just sounds so....fake and annoying!! I especially love the, "It's all in God's hands, that's why we got the lead..." :lol

Yes! Oh, you are not the only one... I think it's the ever-present smirk and fake southern accent he puts on during his interviews, as well.

dirk4mvp
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060516/terry_4078.jpg

http://www.detiksport.com/content_images/content/2006/06/09/78/JasonTerry-AFPfinal-JeffHaynes-isi.jpg

http://www.covers.com/images/2006/180x180/terry_jason060621b.jpg

dirk4mvp
12-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes! Oh, you are not the only one... I think it's the ever-present smirk and fake southern accent he puts on during his interviews, as well.

Did you also hate Tim Thomas? Because the "you can't see me" is about 10x more annoying and stupid than the smirk. When really, we could see him. Well, because he sucked.

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0531/nba_g_timthomas_268.jpg

mabber
12-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Meh - he's got some... he needs more... he has more than Dirk has, that's for sure...

He just needs to get the 15-19 ft jumper down solid.

Dirk doesn't have ANY post moves. At least any that are worth a damn. He really has to face the basket to do anything. They've been talking for the last 3 years that he's been working on a couple of post moves (hook shot being one of them) but he's never used them. I really don't see where it matters anyway. He gets the ball 15ft from basket, turns to face the hoop and either shoots over defender or tries to drive by him. That's all he really needs since he's such a great outside shooter.

RonMexico
12-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Did you also hate Tim Thomas? Because the "you can't see me" is about 10x more annoying and stupid than the smirk. When really, we could see him. Well, because he sucked.

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0531/nba_g_timthomas_268.jpg

....and they chose not to match the contract the Clips gave him and now he's back to his lazy sucking in LA...

I still contend that the most valuable player to have is Tim Thomas (maybe even Bonzi Wells, also) in a contract year because he'll play like the man for about 3 months and then get his fat contract and sit on it...

mabber
12-15-2006, 05:15 PM
....and they chose not to match the contract the Clips gave him and now he's back to his lazy sucking in LA...

I still contend that the most valuable player to have is Tim Thomas (maybe even Bonzi Wells, also) in a contract year because he'll play like the man for about 3 months and then get his fat contract and sit on it...

My favorite part of the last season's playoffs was when Thomas called Dirk a pussy and then Dirk dropped 50 pts on his sorry ass :lol

RonMexico
12-15-2006, 06:32 PM
My favorite part of the last season's playoffs was when Thomas called Dirk a pussy and then Dirk dropped 50 pts on his sorry ass :lol

Yeah, yeah yeah - I've heard that plenty of times... I thought it was funny in the first half... then the 4th quarter came and I was pissed that he awoke that fire in Dirk.

My least favorite part of these past 2 Mavs nat'l broadcasts is that they've come against an Iverson-less Sixer team and an Odom-less Laker team so the Mavs are obviously gonna win those.

dirk4mvp
12-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah, yeah yeah - I've heard that plenty of times... I thought it was funny in the first half... then the 4th quarter came and I was pissed that he awoke that fire in Dirk.

My least favorite part of these past 2 Mavs nat'l broadcasts is that they've come against an Iverson-less Sixer team and an Odom-less Laker team so the Mavs are obviously gonna win those.

Indeed. That's almost as bad as the nat'l televised game of the Suns vs. a Wade-less and Shaq-less Heat that the suns almost blew a 25 point lead to the likes of Quinn and Kapono.

RonMexico
12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Indeed. That's almost as bad as the nat'l televised game of the Suns vs. a Wade-less and Shaq-less Heat that the suns almost blew a 25 point lead to the likes of Quinn and Kapono.

Actually, that made it better because it brought the Suns back to earth and woke them up enough to jump on Golden State 16-2 midway through the 1st quarter. And who doesn't like it when 12 year olds like Chris Quinn get a chance out there? These best part about letting these scrubs in is that it gives me a chance to scout out the players I think should be in the running for backup to Steve Nash - i.e. Travis Deiner of the Magic, Chris Quinn, etc. All I'm saying is that it doesn't give me a chance to compare how the Mavs and Suns are right now because they're both playing weaker opponents.

RonMexico
12-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Are the Bod fragrance spray commercials the worst of all time?

dirk4mvp
12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Well, I didn't get to see tonight's game.....had practice. But the boxscore looked colorful. 6 guys on the mavs were in double figures and 4 on the 76ers were in double figures.

RonMexico
12-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Basically, it looked like the Mavs were playing a high school team out there with no AI and no C-Webb - lots of young guys playing hard, but you knew in the back your mind they really had no chance.

Holmes_Fans
12-16-2006, 12:59 AM

He isn't lazy, he just sucks.

All he can do is shoot 3's, which is why he did so good in PHX.

RonMexico
12-16-2006, 02:13 AM
He isn't lazy, he just sucks.

All he can do is shoot 3's, which is why he did so good in PHX.

Typical Mavs fan, doesn't know anything about the rest of the NBA or Tim Thomas's history of playing well at the end of the year when his contract is expiring. He was a top 5 pick out of Villanova - he's always had the potential to be a good player, but he is continually out of shape and rebounds poorly because he's lazy.