PDA

View Full Version : Popovich is sooo nice

zocool16
12-14-2006, 12:22 AM
"I just asked the guys if it wasn't that much of a problem or an inconvenience if they picked up the pressure and played a little more aggressively," Popovich said, recounting his halftime speech. "That might be a good idea."

Classic Pop...lol
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/recap?gameId=2006121324

phyzik
12-14-2006, 01:48 AM
:lol

Im sure he used those exact words too... :rolleyes

:downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

50 cent
12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
"I just asked the guys if it wasn't that much of a problem or an inconvenience if they picked up the pressure and played a little more aggressively," Popovich said, recounting his halftime speech. "That might be a good idea."

Classic Pop...lol
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/recap?gameId=2006121324
:lmao :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
:lmao :lmao

yeah, it was all sunshine and rainbows at 1/2 time.

SAGambler
12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Sometimes it's good to call them out....In other words, embarass the shit out of them for playing a sloppy half. If they had not have picked it up, there is no telling what would have happened in that locker room after the game.

boutons_
12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Inarguably evident that Pop has dramatically mellowed on the sidelines since 2003.

abelle23
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
"He asked us, 'Please, guys. It's a great opportunity to go play harder,"' Spurs guard Manu Ginobili said. "He's always so polite."

:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I miss angry, buzz cut, ticking time bomb Pop. :depressed

T Park
12-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Pop still rips the player's ass on the sideline.

ObiwanGinobili
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Countdown to Pop going Serbian: 26 games.
book it.

Kori Ellis
12-14-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah, but what happened to the Pop who used to yell right in players faces right in front on the fans and everybody...? He seems like a nice guy on the sidelines now...

when players come off the court, pop puts his arm around them, or pats their butt, or is just a friendly guy in general.

I miss the screaming on the sidelines.

I guess Tony's too much of a celebrity now, or else he nevers screws up anymore...

I see him screaming at the players on the bench (including Tony) almost every game.

He yells at Beno a lot. He yells at Tony on the court and on the bench. He yells at Elson quite a bit. He yells at Manu. I even have seen him yelling at Tim more than once this year.

*shrug*

And I know he's torn them to shreds postgame and in film sessions already a few times this season. Maybe he doesn't have those wild out of control tirades so they aren't caught on TV as much. :lol

RonMexico
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Nothing beats the time Pop just calmly walked over and led his players of the court after Dirk bum-rushed Finley for a no-call earlier this season. All he had to do was pat Duncan and Finley on the back and they stoicly walked to the locker room. That type of class is what makes him a great and respected coach in the league at-large and among his players. But he did stop and take a look at the jumbotron replay of it on his way to the locker room. His look of exasperated disbelief was priceless and I don't blame him.

GrandeDavid
12-14-2006, 08:18 PM
What can he do? He's been there and done that with this team for over a decade. I guess a little sarcasm to a highly professional, prideful team is the better solution on occasion.