PDA

View Full Version : Dreamgirls Movie

Sonia_TX
12-14-2006, 09:16 AM
:clap

Went to Austin last night to see the screening of Dreamgirls and I LOVED it! I know most of you single guys here probably won't see it unless some girl drags you over to the movies but you should see it anyway. Jennifer Hudson is the star of this movie (IMO). Wow!

Anybody plan on seeing it?

703 Spurz
12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Not I said the cat :p:

tlongII
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Chick Flick Forum

ShoogarBear
12-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Actually, I'll go see it.

I saw the original cast on Broadway in 1982. Jennifer Holliday singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" = :worthy:

How did Hudson do with that song?

Plus, I hear Eddie Murphy is good in it.

angel_luv
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I want to see it. It looks like a great film. It has quite the cast.

ShoogarBear
12-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I want to see it. It looks like a great film. It has quite the cast.Don't tell me you're in this one, too. :)

angel_luv
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Don't tell me you're in this one, too. :)

In this film I have a supporting role- i.e. my admission to go see it will help pay for the production. :lol

Sonia_TX
12-14-2006, 12:35 PM

I saw the original cast on Broadway in 1982. Jennifer Holliday singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" = :worthy:

Jennifer Hudson was a complete surprise to me during this movie. I was not a fan of hers on Idol but I can tell you that I am now. During that part where she sings that song it was very emotional. I had tears in my eyes but then again I cry at everything. haha You just have to see it... I can't even describe it to you. I have her version (From the movie) on my iTunes and even though I knew how it would go during the movie it still left me choked up. If you want the CD I have I can upload it for you. It is a promo CD but it has a lot of the songs on there from the movie.

Eddie Murphy is good. I'm not one to quote movie lines but there are 2 of his on there that are stuck in my head. He's really funny.

Everybody is this movie did a great job. There are also cameos in the movie that people were surprised at (hollering and laughing and "oh my gosh it's....")..

Jimcs50
12-14-2006, 01:31 PM

Gay man forum.

703 Spurz
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Is Beyonce ever in a movie where she doesn't sing?

ShoogarBear
12-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Gay man forum.
View Poll Results: Best Sister Act Movie
Sister Act I
bendmz, Dirties Robbed Me, elpimpo4cc, Jimcs50, LaMarcus Bryant, Spurminator, TOP-CHERRY
7 70.00%

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2006, 11:11 AM

He's got mad vocal chords if this is any indication

boutons_
12-15-2006, 01:49 PM
It'll be on cable a few months. :)

1Parker1
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM

Yea, I hear that both are already expected to be nominated for Oscars. Who'd have thunk it? Eddie Murphy getting nominated for an Oscar performance one day. I mean I saw his potential in Beverly Hill Cop and Dr. Dolittle... :lol