PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets, Blazers, and 76ers Working On 3-Way Trade?;Warriors Out of Running

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Denver pitches three-way trade for idle IversonBy David Aldridge
Inquirer Staff Writer
Yesterday's installment of the Allen Iverson trade saga had the Denver Nuggets exploring an alternate way to obtain the 76ers' all-star guard, and the Golden State Warriors taking a step back and perhaps getting ready to drop out.

A source said yesterday that the Nuggets might be trying to involve a third team, the Portland Trail Blazers, in the deal. The proposed trade would send forward Nene to the Trail Blazers, who then would ship center Jamaal Magloire to the Sixers.

The Nuggets would send another player, possibly former Sixer Joe Smith, to the Sixers, and the Sixers would direct Iverson to Denver.

Magloire and Smith would give Sixers general manager Billy King what he wants: contracts in their last season. The 6-foot-11 Magloire, in his seventh NBA season, is making $8.3 million. Smith, a former No. 1 overall pick, is making $6.8 million.

Nene is making $10 million in the first year of a five-year contract, but as a base-year player, the Nuggets can take back only $6.35 million in salary.

The source also said the Warriors might be out of the running for Iverson. The West Coast team was believed to have offered guard Baron Davis.

With King unavailable for comment, there was no indication whether a deal was near. Iverson was on the inactive list for the fourth straight game.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16233953.htm

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Posted this in the Denver/Indiana AI thread...that may be the reason for no response.

tlongII
12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
We've been talking about this for a few days on the Blazers board. I don't really like Nene's contract.

MosesGuthrie
12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Joe Smith is still in the league?

NBA Junkie
12-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Carmelo and AI would never work out.

I pretty much hate the Nuggets so it would be fun to sit back and watch that team fall apart.

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2006, 01:07 PM
so sixers get robbed on this trade for expireing contracts and no draft picks? yeh right

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Agree with EVERY STATEMENT on this thread thus far. :wow

JLH Fans
12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
That's the biggest stupidness I ve ever seen:)
2 expiring for AI?and no young prspect or draft pick?
Nene's contract to the rebuilding Blazers?
AI+Miller together?
No chance.

Rip-Hamilton32
12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
that would give denver 3 point guards that all want playing time

AFBlue
12-14-2006, 03:56 PM
that would give denver 3 point guards that all want playing time

AND shot-happy JR Smith...AND lest you forget that guy...what's his name again? Oh yeah, Carmelo Anthony

lebomb
12-14-2006, 04:53 PM
There isnt enough basketballs to go around for both Melo and AI.

LMAO!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Not to mention putting AI and Furious George on the same bench. With the rushed nature of all of this I certainly expected the deals to be slapped together and odd ball but this is more screwy than I thought it'd be.

johnsmith
12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Iverson on the Nuggets. And the mediocrity goes on.

You guys have to understand, we Nuggets fans are so used to our team being average or above average at best, we'll take any chance we get to add some more excitement to our team.

The fact that we are slowly putting together a "gang" rather then a "team" is just plain thrilling for the city of Denver at this point.

P-O-Z
12-14-2006, 05:35 PM
miami is in the mix for a.i 2

ChumpDumper
12-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Seems like it works out for the Sixers well enough -- as long as Billy King is fired before Webber's contract comes off the books.

Doesn't make a ton of sense for Portland to get involved this way. They're just making permanent the center logjam they've had trouble with all season.