PDA

View Full Version : SPURS v. Hornets Tonight! I'm going to the game, biznitches!

Don Quixote
12-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Enjoy watching the game on TNT, folks!

I will be at the BabyDome (The N.O. Arena) rooting on the good guys, and wearing my Spurs gear.

For the first time, I will be that obnoxious idiot wearing the visiting team's stuff. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I be loud and obnoxious? Reserved and respectful? And what if the Spurs lose big?

Don Quixote

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
When I go see the Spurs on the road, I generally threaten to fight as many of the home team's fans as I can before the game starts. I find that takes the edge off a bit and allows me to just enjoy the game.

Kori Ellis
12-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Enjoy watching the game on TNT, folks!

I will be at the BabyDome (The N.O. Arena) rooting on the good guys, and wearing my Spurs gear.

For the first time, I will be that obnoxious idiot wearing the visiting team's stuff. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I be loud and obnoxious? Reserved and respectful? And what if the Spurs lose big?

Don Quixote

Be loud and respectful (but a little obnoxious):lol I watch many Spurs games at Staples Center and the Forum when I lived in LA and it sucked when the Spurs lost. If that happens by chance, just act cool and congratulate them.

Summers
12-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Cool! Have fun. :) And don't be too obnoxious with it being their first game back home and all that...

phyzik
12-14-2006, 07:55 PM
When I go see the Spurs on the road, I generally threaten to fight as many of the home team's fans as I can before the game starts. I find that takes the edge off a bit and allows me to just enjoy the game.

Great advice, although I will add that you need to make sure you start yelling and screaming at how much the Hornets suck the second you get out of your car.... that way people know what a true Spurs fan drives.

abelle23
12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
be loud and make sure ur seen on tv :lol

have fun!

and take pics if you can!! :clap

baseline bum
12-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Tell them the Spurs are going to Katrina their team.

dg7md
12-14-2006, 09:16 PM

:lol

nkdlunch
12-14-2006, 09:43 PM
If Spurs lose, hang yourself at the parking lot

703 Spurz
12-15-2006, 12:06 PM
You should've show up in a FEMA outfit :)

Don Quixote
12-22-2006, 11:16 PM

Um ... I like the idea, but us New Orleans residents don't particularly care for this Katrina b!tch. Most of us are still in FEMA trailers because of her.

Pics of the game to come!

Don Quixote
12-22-2006, 11:24 PM
The Spurs killed them! It was sweet.

In fact, there was no need to threaten, fight, or moon the local Hornets fans because there were a ton of Spurs fans everywhere. A whole family was sitting behind us speaking Spanish and wearing the silver and black. A guy was in front of us wearing Ginobili's jersey. And by the midway point of the 4th Q, when all the Hornets fans had left, it was almost like a home game for the Spurs at the point, because it was only us in that arena.

At the same time, I can't imagine New Orleanians getting too excited about the Hornets until they at least win something. It's not like I was in Boston or Philly (who have great fans), or N.Y., or L.A., or even Dallas.

The most excited the crowd got was when the MegaTron found Deuce McAllister of the Saints, fresh off their waxing of the Cowboys. They gave him a standing O.

Don Quixote
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Um ... I like the idea, but us New Orleans residents don't particularly care for this Katrina b!tch. Most of us are still in FEMA trailers because of her.

Pics of the game to come!

Not to mention, we have to freakin' deal with Katrina every day. We can't turn it off like it's the news.