PDA

View Full Version : I just busted a coworker....they are now getting canned

50 cent
12-15-2006, 11:49 AM
I am a Supervisor at my current company dealing with Client Management. I have a Clinical pharmacist on my team that recently started that has been kinda acting weird. She reports to a Director in my California office, but is based here in Dallas.

She negotiated with her manager to "work from home" 2 days a week and wanted to do so more but I told him that she needed to be in the office to support our clients.

Yesterday was one of her "work from home" days and she was scheduled to be on my biggest client's call. Before the call began, she dialed in and there was quite a bit of background noise. I then heard somebody in what sounded to be high heels walking down a tile hallway.

I purposely put her in a corner and made the comment that she must have a big hallway in her house. She straight up lied to me and said that she had stepped outside her house and that there were stay at home moms walking their kids on the sidewalk (LAMEST BS EVER!).

I recently hired a new Business Analyst that has a background in fraud, so I went to her and had her pull the pharmacist's background. Come to find out, she is part owner of a pharmacy. I got the pharmacy's info and called it, and guess who answered the phone? BUSTED.

Not only did she not disclose this to us, it is a major conflict of interest. Additionally, she is basically stealing from the company because she is working somewhere else while she is on company time here.

It was actually fun be investigative and nailing her ass. The pink slip is coming.

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Nice job
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/wallpapers/thumbnails/Homer02.gif

ShoogarBear
12-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Narc.

j/k

703 Spurz
12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Good work! That fucking liar :clap

Mixability
12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
what did you say to her when she answered the pharmacy phone?

Spurminator
12-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Did you try blackmail first?

Fillmoe
12-15-2006, 01:18 PM
your screen name fits you well.... snitching ass!

Phenomanul
12-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Everybody hates a snitch.... however, what she was doing was way uncool. Straight up mockery and theft.

Mixability
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't see how it is "snitching" when he is the supervisor. Her "theft" of company time is enough to can her.

Spam
12-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Getting busted at work is bad. Getting a pink slip sucks ass.

Game
12-15-2006, 01:46 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/04/Stop_Snitching.jpg

ChumpDumper
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Good job.

Kori Ellis
12-15-2006, 02:05 PM
If you didn't hear her shoes, would you have pushed your investigation? Or is that what made you have someone pull her background?

johngayswhitely
12-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Matt Leinart is a better detective than you.

troll police
12-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Good job.

:tu a good snitch is never appreciated nearly enough!

tlongII
12-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Was she doing what needed to get done? Results are what matters. If she was getting the job done then you will be worse off for getting rid of her.

tlongII
12-15-2006, 03:48 PM
One other thing............................was she hot?

Bob Lanier
12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/2499-snitch-culture-cover.jpg

:tu If I didn't get to fire someone now and then I'd have quit working a long time ago. It gets to be one's main pleasure in life. I agree that you should have tried blackmail first, though.

resistanze
12-15-2006, 04:42 PM
http://www.mrbellersneighborhood.com/imgs/fittyinside.jpg

50 cent
12-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't see how it is "snitching" when he is the supervisor. Her "theft" of company time is enough to can her.
Exactly. She is harming MY clients. Her and I have already had some run-ins because she is not serious about the job and I don't want somebody that is not serious to represent my clients.

If you didn't hear her shoes, would you have pushed your investigation? Or is that what made you have someone pull her background?
It was brought to my attention the day before that she had been conducting her other company business while here at the office. Hearing the shoes at another place of business just peaked my curiosity so I put her in a corner and she lied to my face basically. That's when I got the idea to call.

I didn't say anything to her because I wanted her to sweat it out. The Director she now reports to asked her and she said she was at home working all day. He knows she is lying as well.

Is she hot?
HELL NO. Butt ass ugly and annoying as hell.

tlongII
12-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't think it was totally a matter of getting the job done vs her working for her own company in the same industry effectively stealing said companies future customers for her own.

Hard to say. I couldn't tell what business 50 Cent is in by his post. I suppose it's possible she was stealing future customers, but it wasn't obvious by his post.

50 cent
12-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Hard to say. I couldn't tell what business 50 Cent is in by his post. I suppose it's possible she was stealing future customers, but it wasn't obvious by his post.
She certainly has access to information that we wouldn't want specific pharmacies to have (rebate information, rate contracting, etc). It's clearly conflict of interest.

It also doesn't help her that I don't care for her at all and wouldn't mind seeing her canned, especially after she lied to me.

tlongII
12-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm bored we could have an interweb fight about it if your game?

I don't mind, but that sounds boring too.

Spam
12-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah you're probably right. We need more interesting drama. Let me know when you find something.

You mean like comparing penis sizes?

mcornelio
12-15-2006, 07:11 PM
:lol

PM5K
12-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Fucking NARC...

SequSpur
12-17-2006, 02:13 AM
welcome to healthcare.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2006, 02:15 AM
bribe her for a shag, then give her the pink slip while you bukkake on her face....

leemajors
12-17-2006, 02:32 AM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/02/86/66/image_2366862.jpg

gareth >>>>>> dwight. it's not even a contest.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2006, 10:21 AM
wonder what the fines and penalties for insider trading of secret sources.....she will have fun PIITB

SequSpur
12-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Most pharmacists work many jobs. There is a shortage you know.

GrandeDavid
12-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I am a Supervisor at my current company dealing with Client Management. I have a Clinical pharmacist on my team that recently started that has been kinda acting weird. She reports to a Director in my California office, but is based here in Dallas.

She negotiated with her manager to "work from home" 2 days a week and wanted to do so more but I told him that she needed to be in the office to support our clients.

Yesterday was one of her "work from home" days and she was scheduled to be on my biggest client's call. Before the call began, she dialed in and there was quite a bit of background noise. I then heard somebody in what sounded to be high heels walking down a tile hallway.

I purposely put her in a corner and made the comment that she must have a big hallway in her house. She straight up lied to me and said that she had stepped outside her house and that there were stay at home moms walking their kids on the sidewalk (LAMEST BS EVER!).

I recently hired a new Business Analyst that has a background in fraud, so I went to her and had her pull the pharmacist's background. Come to find out, she is part owner of a pharmacy. I got the pharmacy's info and called it, and guess who answered the phone? BUSTED.

Not only did she not disclose this to us, it is a major conflict of interest. Additionally, she is basically stealing from the company because she is working somewhere else while she is on company time here.

It was actually fun be investigative and nailing her ass. The pink slip is coming.

How about a little jail time?

exstatic
12-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Not usually on the other company's time, though. Dumbasses like this make my IT director feel justified in not allowing WFH scheduled days. Thanks, you dumb bitch.

The Snitch
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
you did the right thing, whatelse could you do?

im so proud of you, you make me want to go snitch on people right now.

2Blonde
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
If she were actually working in the capacity of a pharmacist, which in this case it doesn't sound as if she was. It sounds as though she was working as a rep or a consultant of some sort for "fittie's" company. She obviously wasn't dispensing medications or she couldn't be doing that from home. But as far as the working from home part of it, I don't see the big deal about why she actually had to be tied to the confines of her physical house. Many people who telecommute multi-task by taking conference calls or making calls when they are out doing other things like making a bank deposit, picking up lunch or taking a sick child to the doctor. That's one of the benefits of working from home a couple of days a week.

Obviously, what she did was unethical and she deserved to be fired. I would guess that most people do this to more effectively manage work and home life, not to cheat their employer.

ShoogarBear
12-18-2006, 03:38 PM
The point is not that she was running another business. The point is she was doing it without clearing it with her other employer.

tlongIII
01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Did she have a hot daughter?

bus driver
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM

better her than him......:tu to fifty cents.

Blake
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I recently hired a new Business Analyst that has a background in fraud, so I went to her and had her pull the pharmacist's background. Come to find out, she is part owner of a pharmacy.

If she is part owner of a pharmacy, I'm guessing she was doing fairly well enough already. She most likely wanted a job with your company in order to get health benefits.

I don't think this firing hurts her too much if she just recently started. She'll probably head right out and apply at another company that might let her work at home.

If it was worth the effort, the ultimate gotcha would be to press charges for theft.........but in this situation it's not really worth the effort. The only good thing you can say is that you got rid of a headache. :tu