View Full Version : All Starters Ejected

Pages : [1] 2

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 10:02 PM
in the Knicks-Nuggets game :drunk

Brawl, Melo is going to get 5-10 games

ChumpDumper
12-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Can I go just one news cycle without hearing about the Knicks?

Leetonidas
12-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Damnit I missed it?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-16-2006, 10:10 PM
About time we see a fight.

PerforatedNeckline
12-16-2006, 10:11 PM
somebody spill the details. i can't find anything substantial on the net yet.

P-O-Z
12-16-2006, 10:13 PM
damn nate as all up in jr smith's grill drillin him to the floor

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Mardy Collins had a flagrant on JR when they were down by 20, Jr reacted and then Nate came in like a little bitch and then Melo came in

Stern hates Melo, wouldnt be suprised to see him suspended for a lot of games

Bob Lanier
12-16-2006, 10:16 PM
:clap

Leetonidas
12-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Damn I gotta see it

Burn531
12-16-2006, 10:26 PM
damn nate as all up in jr smith's grill drillin him to the floor

Translation?

Burn531
12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
ESPN News is talking about it and showing the video.

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Man. I thought it would be better then that.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
i only heard on the radio about it.........

was it not too bad? Whta kinda suspensions?

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:36 PM
i only heard on the radio about it.........

was it not too bad? Whta kinda suspensions?

Carmelo is probably going to get the longest one.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 10:37 PM
i just saw it. Melo slapped him, it wasnt a punch

only 5 games i reckon , maybe 10

dirk4mvp
12-16-2006, 10:38 PM
i just saw it. Melo slapped him, it wasnt a punch

only 5 games i reckon , maybe 10

Was it a gay slap or a p-i-m-p slap?

E20
12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Getting slapped is worse than getting punched.

picnroll
12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
From Realgm

10 Players Ejected From Knicks-Nuggets Game
16th December, 2006 - 10:09 pm
RealGM.com -
In the worst episode of violence since the infamous game in Detroit a few years ago, the referees decided to eject every player who was on the court when an incident broke out at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

Knicks guard Mardy Collins fouled Nugget guard J.R. Smith hard on a fast break attempt in the final minutes of a blowout Denver win, causing Smith to jump up and confront Collins. Nate Robinson came in to support his teammate, pushing Smith who took exception to the shove. Robinson and Smith then wrestled into reporters sitting courtside as players from both teams ran in to stick up for their teammates.

Just as things started to settle down, Collins said something to Carmello Anthony who punched Collins in the face, causing Collins to hit the floor. Episodes then followed, with new Knick Jared Jeffries fighting through teammates and team officials to try to get at Anthony.

After the referees and coaches conversed, an announcement was made that every player who was on the court at the time of the incident had been ejected, with the Nuggets leaving the court first. Once they were back in their dressing room, the Knicks followed suit.

It is unknown if players from either team left their respective benches at the time of the incident, with Knick broadcasters saying that Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury definitely remained on the sidelines.

It's bound to be a busy next few days for Stu Jackson and the others at the NBA offices.

ducks
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Nuggets, Knicks in wild brawl near end of game

By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
December 16, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Ten players, including NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony, were ejected for fighting during a wild brawl near the end of Saturday night's game between the Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks.

All 10 players on the court at the time were tossed for their involvement in the ugly incident that spread across the court and spilled into the crowd at Madison Square Garden.

ADVERTISEMENT

The brawl was the NBA's scariest incident since Indiana Pacers players fought with Detroit Pistons' fans on the court and in the stands in 2004.

Anthony scored 34 points before the melee took place with 1:15 left in the Nuggets' 123-100 victory over the Knicks.

Denver led 119-100 when Knicks guard Mardy Collins grabbed Denver's J.R. Smith around the neck as Smith was going in for a breakaway layup. Smith got up and jawed with Collins, and New York's Nate Robinson jumped in to yell at Smith.

Anthony rushed in and pushed Robinson in the neck, triggering the roughest moment, when Robinson and Smith went flying into the stands while fighting with each other. Anthony also appeared to throw a punch at Collins, and then backed away toward the center of the court.

New York's Jared Jeffries ran from the baseline toward Anthony, but was tackled by a Denver player. The brawl stretched to the other end of the court toward the Nuggets' bench before coaches and security finally pulled Smith away and restored order.

With each team forced to put five new players on the floor, Denver finished up the win and ended a two-game losing streak. Marcus Camby had 24 points and nine rebounds, and Andre Miller added 12 points and 10 assists for the Nuggets.

lefty
12-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow ; that was fun :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Seriously, the Collins guy started it ; what the heck was that?

MannyIsGod
So damn stupid to hurt your team so bad just to throw a damn punch. Its retarded.

dirk4mvp
That was a p-i-m-p slap.

dirk4mvp
12-16-2006, 10:44 PM

I hate how after he commited the foul, he raised his hands in the air like he didn't do shit.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2006, 10:46 PM
See you next year, Melo.

ducks
to bad melo was having a mvp season

Spurologist
I'd be shocked if Melo gets anything lower than a 20 game suspension. He wasn't even involved in the play and he starts throwing haymakers. Utter stupidness. Coming up a successful summer with the USA Team, leading the league in scoring. All of that gets put to rest because of this. What a shame.

picnroll
12-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Melo sucker punches Collins for a one count. Melo will be seeing some time at home with his boyz.

Maybe Lik gets some PT now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Mardy Collins had a flagrant on JR when they were down by 20, Jr reacted and then Nate came in like a little bitch and then Melo came in

Stern hates Melo, wouldnt be suprised to see him suspended for a lot of games

Maybe if 'Melo weren't such a punk ass bitch, Stern wouldn't hate him.

lefty
I know Melo stood up for his teammate , but he shouldn't have done it

It's ok to do that in the NHL, but he should've let the refs do their jobs !!! (and that's what Ben Wallace, who started the Palace brawl-not Artest-, should have done too)

Marklar MM
Anyone think Melo is gonna snitch?

Burn531
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Doesn't surprise me that Melo, Nate, and JR Smith were involved.

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
and that's what Ben Wallace, who started the Palace brawl-not Artest-, should have done too)

:rolleyes

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 10:51 PM
in the US he is a thug coz he steps up for his mate but in Australia he would be a good friend.......

panzies :lol

ducks
stern will not suspen a mvp candiate more then 10 games

1Parker1
Wow, this is gonna suck for the rest of the NBA even more. We thought the constant technical foul calls were annoying then, after this I'm sure Stern is going to advise even stricter rules and regulations.

Very stupid move by all players involved, especially Carmelo from what I've heard...

jmard5
Wow! First the AI trade and now this Nuggets/Knicks fight? Stern must be happy with all this NBA publicity. And as Vince Carter would like to say "Business is business." =p

Bad also for the fantasy teams out there. Hey, is David Lee ejected too? I got him on my UFC NBA team.

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Wow! First the AI trade and now this Nuggets/Knicks fight? Stern must be happy with all this NBA publicity. And as Vince Carter would like to say "Business is business." =p

Bad also for the fantasy teams out there. Hey, is David Lee ejected too? I got him on my UFC NBA team.

Yeah. He was ejected.

ducks
12-16-2006, 10:53 PM
this could effect the ai trade

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
1:15 Nate Robinson ejected
1:15 Channing Frye ejected
1:15 Jared Jeffries ejected
1:15 Mardy Collins ejected
1:15 David Lee ejected
1:15 J.R. Smith ejected
1:15 Carmelo Anthony ejected
1:15 Eduardo Najera ejected
1:15 Marcus Camby ejected
1:15 Andre Miller ejected

Mr. Body
12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
No tolerance. Smith, Robinson, Melo, Jeffries all out 10-15 games, I'd say.

Pistons < Spurs
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow, this is gonna suck for the rest of the NBA even more. We thought the constant technical foul calls were annoying then, after this I'm sure Stern is going to advise even stricter rules and regulations.

Very good point which I hadn't even considered.

Rasheed Wallace must be cussin all them Knick and Nugget players out right about now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 10:57 PM
stern will not suspen a mvp candiate more then 10 games

I guess you missed the aftermath of the Brawl at the Palace a couple years back...

This just gets better and better... ESPN is reporting that Isiah had told his guys to send a message to the Nuggets because they still had all their starters in :lol

If 'Zeke ordered the flagrant, holy shit is Stern going to nail his ass to the wall.

Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.

E20
12-16-2006, 10:57 PM
WTF Did Najera do to get ejected? :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Very good point which I hadn't even considered.

Rasheed Wallace must be cussin all them Knick and Nugget players out right about now.

Because 'Sheed deserves the right to whine like a nagging little bitch on the rag. Fuck, dude (and everyone else in the league) needs to shut the fuck up and play ball.

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 10:58 PM

He probably sent a care package and apology letter to Stern, promising that he will shape up his ways if he forgets this incident.

Spurologist
12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
in the US he is a thug coz he steps up for his mate but in Australia he would be a good friend.......

panzies :lol

I haven't checked but there's difference between a professional setting and a unbusinesslike one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:00 PM
I haven't checked but there's difference between a professional setting and a unbusinesslike one.

You'll have to forgive Nuggets-Fan, he beats off to his 'Melo poster every night.

ducks
I guess you missed the aftermath of the Brawl at the Palace a couple years back...

This just gets better and better... ESPN is reporting that Isiah had told his guys to send a message to the Nuggets because they still had all their starters in :lol

If 'Zeke ordered the flagrant, holy shit is Stern going to nail his ass to the wall.

Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.

WHY WAS karl still playing his starters?
does he hate thomas?

Bob Lanier
That's what he was talking about in the US.

E20
12-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Now I'd like to see Nate Robinson against a 6' something Nugget player that would have looked good.

Marklar MM
does he hate thomas?

Yes he was still playing his starters.

MannyIsGod
1:15 Nate Robinson ejected
1:15 Channing Frye ejected
1:15 Jared Jeffries ejected
1:15 Mardy Collins ejected
1:15 David Lee ejected
1:15 J.R. Smith ejected
1:15 Carmelo Anthony ejected
1:15 Eduardo Najera ejected
1:15 Marcus Camby ejected
1:15 Andre Miller ejectedLOL

E20
does he hate thomas?
To pad Melo's stats. DUHHHHHHHHH

lefty
12-16-2006, 11:02 PM
:rolleyes
:ihit :ihit

Mr. Body
12-16-2006, 11:04 PM

Not to excuse anything, but there was some tension because Denver was keeping two starters in in a 19-point game after NYK threw in the towel. Hard foul to send a message to the coach.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:05 PM
All I know, is that if someone takes someone down like that on a breakaway at any point, there's going to be a fight. You do that shit in a pickup game and you better make sure you are ready to defend yourself.

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Not to excuse anything, but there was some tension because Denver was keeping two starters in in a 19-point game after NYK threw in the towel. Hard foul to send a message to the coach.

Denver had 4 starters on the floor.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:07 PM
does he hate thomas?

Karl is a Larry Brown disciple. I'd expect everyone from the Larry Brown coaching lineage to try and blow out NY just as a proverbial middle finger to Isiah.

NuGGeTs-FaN
what happens in that case?

Camby was on court and tried to break it up and then just stayed away from it, surely he cant get suspended

Marklar MM
:ihit :ihit
:dizzy :dizzy :makemyday

Mr. Body
All I know, is that if someone takes someone down like that on a breakaway at any point, there's going to be a fight. You do that shit in a pickup game and you better make sure you are ready to defend yourself.

It's not a pickup game. These guys are multi-millionaires a-piece and professionals. The league is there to take care of hard fouls.

ducks
yeah because larry is such a saint
NOT

ducks
12-16-2006, 11:08 PM
hell king is even asking larry brown what to do when trading ai
so he does not get fired because he could have got boozer for ai during the regular season

Aggie Hoopsfan
It's not a pickup game. These guys are multi-millionaires a-piece and professionals. The league is there to take care of hard fouls.

They're professionals but they're also serious, alpha dog competitors.

I guess you've never played a lick of ball in your life, because if you did you'd understand what Manny is saying.

lefty

That may have been the reason , and I would not be surprised if Isiah Thomas was the 1st Knick pissed off by that decision ; he then would have told his players to destroy them
Then again, what's the big deal? after all , if Karl doesn't want to rest his players prior to next (or avoid a stupid injury), Knicks are not the first penalized...

Southcoast
12-16-2006, 11:09 PM
the nba is becoming nothing but a bunch over overpaid, bitchy ass thugs that wanna brawl.

disgusting.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:09 PM
yeah because larry is such a saint
NOT

No one's saying Larry Brown is a saint. They're saying that Isiah was a prick to him in the fallout of all of that last year, and well, karma's a bitch.

lefty
12-16-2006, 11:10 PM
:dizzy :dizzy :makemyday
:eyebrows

ducks
most flgrant 2 fouls almost always go into fights
players usually step between though
not tonight unfortunally

Aggie Hoopsfan
the nba is becoming nothing but a bunch over overpaid, bitchy ass thugs that wanna brawl.

disgusting.

Yeah, because there's fights every night and such :rolleyes

exstatic
WTF Did Najera do to get ejected? :lmao
They ejected all 10 players that were in the game when the fight went down. That's what leads me to believe that the suspensions will be HEAVY. Denver may have just been Indiana-fied. For the Knicks, it won't matter. Any 5 they put out there is as bad as any other 5.

NuGGeTs-FaN

exactly and he had a flagrant in a recent game too.

Collins is a biatch

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM
not tonight unfortunally

Actually some players did try and break it up. Then Carmelo came in with his cheap shot like little thug wannabe bitches usually do in fights.

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM
not tonight unfortunally
What? There hasn't been a fucking fight for 2 years!!!

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Actually some players did try and break it up. Then Carmelo came in with his cheap shot like little thug wannabe bitches usually do in fights.
THAT'S what makes me think he's gone for the year.

jmard5
See it at ESPN Motion. They have the video.

Aggie Hoopsfan
They ejected all 10 players that were in the game when the fight went down. That's what leads me to believe that the suspensions will be HEAVY. Denver may have just been Indiana-fied. For the Knicks, it won't matter. Any 5 they put out there is as bad as any other 5.

Ejecting all five was pretty lame. A couple were trying to break it up from what I saw (though I haven't seen the whole thing from start to finish, so I dunno for sure).

ducks
No one's saying Larry Brown is a saint. They're saying that Isiah was a prick to him in the fallout of all of that last year, and well, karma's a bitch.

because larry brown was trying to be a gm not a coach and go behind thomas's back for trades
if someone did that in the regular job they would get their asses fired

what would you do if you were thomas ahf?

Marklar MM
12-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Denver may have just been Indiana-fied.

I really doubt that as Denver players didn't go into the stands with the sole intent of fighting fans. They were in the first few rows fighting eachother.

ducks
What? There hasn't been a fucking fight for 2 years!!!

players usally can break it up before it starts though

NuGGeTs-FaN

its easy to whine like a bitch from ur living room but u have no idea what may have happened.

NBA is too soft, most US sports is too soft

Someone hurts ur mate, u go after them with all u can, screw soft ball rules

picnroll
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Manu got bulldogged like that by Melo I bleieve in a playoff game. Manu got up, dusted himself off and sank the throws.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
because larry brown was trying to be a gm not a coach and go behind thomas's back for trades
if someone did that in the regular job they would get their asses fired

what would you do if you were thomas ahf?

Right, because pro coaches NEVER get involved in personnel matters :rolleyes

Isiah sucks dick as a GM. He drafts good, but his trade prowess leaves a lot to be desired.

What would you do if you were Larry Brown and you wanted to make some trades so that you could square away your team and try to win and your GM was a complete dumbass about it?

Amarelooms
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Melo was a punk bitch for sucker punching him out of no where...dude should get 20 games for that.

ducks
12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
if I was larry brown I would never have taken the job and if I did I would honor my contract and be a coach not a gm

MannyIsGod
No one gets more than 10 games.

And regardless over whether or not they are profesionals, if you undercut or pull someone down like Collins did in any basketball game it will probably end in a fight. Thats how people get hurt, BAD. You can't do that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
its easy to whine like a bitch from ur living room but u have no idea what may have happened.

You're a dumbass. Look, I know you're a Nugget homer, but Carmelo is a cheap shot thug. Everyone had been pulled back from the confrontation and then 'Melo came in with his cheap shot on Collins.

I don't need to be five feet away from the action to put what went down together with his thuggery against Manu a couple years back and his presence in the snitch video to figure out he's a pussy ass thug wannabe.

NBA is too soft? WTF? If you want rugby, go fucking watch it. Your mommy called, it's time for her to change your Carmelo diapers.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
And yeah, Melo's sucker punch was weak. He punched a guy being held and then ran off.

ducks
larry brown knew what he was getting into
larry brown knew thoma's track record as a gm
but HE SIGNED A CONTRACT

Spurologist

Fucking hilarious.

The play was simmering down and Melo snuck around like a pussy bitch and threw a haymaker. He works hard for ME. Karl sticks his ass in the game to to keep him happy for his statistics. He wants to call himself a rep of the nba. Yeah fucking right.

ducks
12-16-2006, 11:18 PM
if I was larry I would coach the knicks for that kind of money even with those players

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Manu got bulldogged like that by Melo I bleieve in a playoff game. Manu got up, dusted himself off and sank the throws.I don't remember that specific play, but Manu has more self control than the average basketball player.

1Parker1
HOLY SHIT! I just saw it on ESPN News.

What was up with Jared Jeffries? He was running towards a Nuggets player despite team-mates holding him back so hard that his shirt almost ripped! :wow

MannyIsGod
Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas are both bitches. In fact, so is George Karl.

Aggie Hoopsfan
larry brown knew what he was getting into
larry brown knew thoma's track record as a gm
but HE SIGNED A CONTRACT

Christ Ducks, we get it. Larry Brown also got paid a shit load of money to coach there.

You act like just because he signed a contract that it was okay for Zeke to be a dick to him.

ducks
12-16-2006, 11:20 PM
No one gets more than 10 games.

And regardless over whether or not they are profesionals, if you undercut or pull someone down like Collins did in any basketball game it will probably end in a fight. Thats how people get hurt, BAD. You can't do that.

telling your players to commit a flagrant 2 is stupid

players should not be supsened thomas is the one that screwed up
if he told his players that

MannyIsGod

What was up with Jared Jeffries? He was running towards a Nuggets player despite team-mates holding him back so hard that his shirt almost ripped! :wowHe was trying to turn you on. Did it work?

VaSpursFan
Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas are both bitches. In fact, so is George Karl.

amen!!!

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM

if he told his players thatPlayers and coach should be suspended, IMO. Isiah is completely capable of that shit as we saw with his outburst with Bowen earlier this year.

ducks
12-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Christ Ducks, we get it. Larry Brown also got paid a shit load of money to coach there.

You act like just because he signed a contract that it was okay for Zeke to be a dick to him.

your the one that brought up what I would do if I was larry brown
I just told you
dolan is the one that fired larry
thomas might have been a dick to larry because the owner told him to be

Aggie Hoopsfan

if he told his players that

Um, wait, so is the player a fucking robot or what? The players are still the ones who went out and committed the flagrant and participated in the confrontation.

They're all guilty, and they should all be punished.

Marklar MM

What was up with Jared Jeffries? He was running towards a Nuggets player despite team-mates holding him back so hard that his shirt almost ripped! :wow

He was going after Carmelo. This was right after Melo punched whoever it was in the face.

Spurminator
This is a pretty run-of-the-mill brawl by 80's-early 90's standards. I say give Melo 10 games and everyone else 2.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:24 PM
your the one that brought up what I would do if I was larry brown
I just told you
dolan is the one that fired larry
thomas might have been a dick to larry because the owner told him to be

Isiah has been a dick to everyone everywhere he has been in the NBA.

You're actually the one who brought up what I would do. The point being, Isiah was a dick to him. There's no love lost here for Larry Brown from me, but it doesn't excuse the fact Isiah is a complete douche.

Wake up man, he's been that way everywhere he's been. And then there was the whole Bowen incident earlier this year.

Quit trying to defend him ducks, he's a complete asshat and I'd love to see Stern throw the book at his chump ass.

Buddy Holly
Carmelo hits Collins then runs the hell out of MSG after Jared Jefferies comes for him. Boy is Melo a pussy.

picnroll
I don't remember that specific play, but Manu has more self control than the average basketball player.
Since Jackson can you think of a Spur that is likely to have reacted like Smith? Or Melo? Hell Big Dog Robinson just threw a guy and for a flagrant one and Pop benched him for the game. Any Spur acted like Collins, Smith, Robinson, Melo, Jeffries and the league wouldn't have to worry about suspending them. Pop would put their ass on reserves for the season.

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:25 PM
This is a pretty run-of-the-mill brawl by 80's-early 90's standards. I say give Melo 10 games and everyone else 2.
Except that time has passed, and the Malice at the Palace has occurred.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Carmelo hits Collins then runs the hell out of MSG after Jared Jefferies comes for him. Boy is Melo a pussy.

Yep. But he'll probably be shooting another 'snitch' video with his upcoming 'company vacation' time.

ChumpDumper
Pop would have just bitched at Karl himself.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I think Bowen would have reacted strongly. Finley as well. I don't enough about Elson yet, but I suspect he has some of that in him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
I think Bowen would have reacted strongly. Finley as well. I don't enough about Elson yet, but I suspect he has some of that in him.

Agreed. And I suspect Butler would have come off the bench as well.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Except that time has passed, and the Malice at the Palace has occurred.Ex, I don't think you're realizing the difference between going after a fan and hitting another player. Stern doesn't have unlimited power. If he tried to suspend Melo for 30 games or so, they Players Association would have a field day and it would be reduced.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Butler looks like he could fuck some shit up. :lol

Sense

Are you fucking kidding me?

Like a little bitch? The saddest shits I saw on the fuckin brawl included the Nuggets... First of all.... JR Smith goes for Nate... wtf? He has like a 2 foot advantage on him n shit...

And that Sucker punch by Melo...

Nuggets better get the best of this.

LakeShow
I'm surprised no one is On Jr smith, he threw the very first punch.

Shelly
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM
eh...I've seen better fights on Jerry Springer. NBA players need to watch and take notes.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM

ugh r u kidding me?

U dont think melo went 'crap i shouldnt keep going or else im gone for a long time' at that point?

Jeffries? gimme a freakin; break, Jeffries is a skinny pale girl who would have been slapped around by boykins if need be

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
By the way, for those who say this is 'run of the mill'. They took out fans in the first two rows of the crowd. LONG suspensions are coming on this one.

exstatic
Ex, I don't think you're realizing the difference between going after a fan and hitting another player. Stern doesn't have unlimited power. If he tried to suspend Melo for 30 games or so, they Players Association would have a field day and it would be reduced.
I don't think you realize the effect that event had on the league. Stern has suspended two players for the season, Spree and Artest. The PA has made whining, snivelling noises, but they know he'll take it out on them the next time the CBA comes up if they contest it. They are his bitches.

Stern owns. If he suspends Melo, it will stick.

Spurminator
Except that time has passed, and the Malice at the Palace has occurred.

But this wasn't that. Not even close. There's no need for overkill.

I think that by trying to prevent fights from ever happening, you invite BIGGER brawls when they do happen because of all of the pent-up aggression.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

Like a little bitch? The saddest shits I saw on the fuckin brawl included the Nuggets... First of all.... JR Smith goes for Nate... wtf? He has like a 2 foot advantage on him n shit...

And that Sucker punch by Melo...

Nuggets better get the best of this.

Collins instigated it and Nate came in , end of story

Collins and JR should have been left alone but Nate came in and shoved JR, he is a bitch

He has small man syndrome, Boykins could school that clown

picnroll
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I'll bet Pop shows the team tapes of crap like this, the Pistons - Pacer brawl and desensistizes them to making dumb emotional responses that can hurt them and the team, short and long term. Spurs are truly professionals not emotional dumbasses. Granted Finley's first reaction was to go after Terry for the nut shot but the Spurs, Bowen, were immediately on the lookout, grabbed him instantly and talked him down. Their coolness ended in the Mavs playing without Terry in the next game. A little different than say Robinson or Jeffries defusing actions.

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
We need a vBookie on this, LJ/Kori. I'll put every dollar on Melo suspended for the season, or whatever the highest value is. Make it quick, though. I think it won't be Monday, it'll be tommorrow.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
ugh r u kidding me?

U dont think melo went 'crap i shouldnt keep going or else im gone for a long time' at that point?

Jeffries? gimme a freakin; break, Jeffries is a skinny pale girl who would have been slapped around by boykins if need be

:lol 'Melo hit and run like the wannabe punk ass thug bitch that he is. You look up pussy ass wannabe thug and the dictionary and you see a picture of 'Melo.

ChumpDumper
U dont think melo went 'crap i shouldnt keep going or else im gone for a long time' at that point?No, he went "Crap, I just slapped a guy in Madison Square Garden, he's going to rip my fucking head off."

E20
Malice at the Palace..........What will this be called?

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:35 PM

I think that by trying to prevent fights from ever happening, you invite BIGGER brawls when they do happen because of all of the pent-up aggression.
Write Mr. Stern. I'm sure he'd be happy to not prevent fights, and will take your input to heart, and hand out 1 game suspensions to all players involved. :dizzy

ChumpDumper
Malice at the Palace..........What will this be called?The Slappin' in Manhattan.

exstatic
Malice at the Palace..........What will this be called?
The end of major fights in the NBA.

Shelly
12-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Melo got mad cuz they messed up one of his 'rows...

It takes a long time to do that 'do.

Aggie Hoopsfan

The fight tonight spilled into the first two rows of the stands. That's some rich folk seating.

I know it wasn't a player going after a fan, but players get suspended for even throwing a ball into the stands.

They wiped out about 6 seats wide of the first two rows of fans baseline.

NuGGeTs-FaN
The knicks players should be worried about the crowd more than the Nuggets should be

the crowd booed them the whole game and probably were waiting for them after the game

Nate escalated the shoving into a fight, its on his hands

Aggie Hoopsfan

Collins and JR should have been left alone but Nate came in and shoved JR, he is a bitch

End of story? :lmao

Nate and Collins are both thugs. But so are Smith and your wife to be Carmelo.

Quit trying to pass the buck on that one.

Shelly
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM
The Slappin' in Manhattan.

:lmao

Melo must've idolized Stephan from Real World Seattle

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Carmelo threw the first punch. A shoving match isn't a fight. Shut the fuck up.

exstatic
12-16-2006, 11:38 PM
The knicks players should be worried about the crowd more than the Nuggets should be

the crowd booed them the whole game and probably were waiting for them after the game

Melo did. He threw the first punch. Nate may have escalated it, but Melo started it, and then came back for more.

Spurminator
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
The fight tonight spilled into the first two rows of the stands. That's some rich folk seating.

I know it wasn't a player going after a fan, but players get suspended for even throwing a ball into the stands.

They wiped out about 6 seats wide of the first two rows of fans baseline.

Yeah, maybe 2 games would be a bit light for Smith... I don't know that you can blame Robinson for going into the stands, though.

But frankly, after watching it a few more times, Melo and Smith are really the only two I think should get more than 2... Give Collins one for the Flagrant, Robinson one for the shoving, all the others one for the ejections, etc.

Won't happen though.

Axl Van Dam
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at Mardy Collins for being dropped on his shorts by a Melo slap. Imagine that a slap. What would've happened if Melo landed an actual punch. That Collins guy might've been asleep for days. And will somebody please CRUSH :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun that stinkbug Nate Robinson for running around looking for a fight as if he can retailiate when someone actually gives that fight to him. Oh boy FINES GALORE for the Nuggets and Knicks :spin .

greenroom
12-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Poor little Knicks. crying that the Nuggets had some of their starters in the game. As Thomas has said the Knicks had quit??? WTF Last I checked if you did not want to get your ass handed to you then step up and play. But play clean.
No way Melo gets the season. If he does then Nate needs to get a season as well as Collins.
And lets not forget that Isiah pretty much called out his team to do harm to Bowen. So who is to say that Collins actions did not come from Isiah???

picnroll
12-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Melo is a dumbshit to have for a franchise player. His peers LeBron and Wade sure aren't the dumbshits he is. Beginning and end of story for Denver.

T-Pain
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Melo is a dumbshit to have for a franchise player. His peers LeBron and Wade sure aren't the dumbshits he is. Beginning and end of story for Denver.
i think carmelo should get the ron artest treatment

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm guessing 20-25 games each for 'Melo and JR.

5 for Collins, 5-10 for Nate.

Buddy Holly
I'm not joking... but Melo's punch had a gay limp wrist to it. Seriously. Either that or he slapped Collins.

ShoogarBear
Why should Smith get more than Robinson?

Robinson contributed to the eventual brawl every bit as much as Collins.

I would give Robinson 3-5, Melo 5-10, Smith and Collins 1-2.

Spurminator
Out of curiosity, anyone remember how many games Kermit Washington was suspended after the Tomjanovich punch?

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
and the Melo hate continues. Thats why i love supporting him coz everyone else hates him

LBJ and Wade are sterns wenches, good on them for having the refs and commissioner in their pockets. It must be tough for them :drunk

greenroom
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, maybe 2 games would be a bit light for Smith... I don't know that you can blame Robinson for going into the stands, though.

But frankly, after watching it a few more times, Melo and Smith are really the only two I think should get more than 2... Give Collins one for the Flagrant, Robinson one for the shoving, all the others one for the ejections, etc.

Won't happen though.

Sorry but Nate threw the 1st punch.. he did not connect but he did toss the 1st punch. So Nate did more than just "push"

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Kobe got 2 games for elbowing miller in the throat

Melo didnt start the fight, his slap didnt make it any worse.

Stern will give him heaps coz he hates melo and loves his wenches

Spurminator
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Why should Smith get more than Robinson?

Robinson contributed to the eventual brawl every bit as much as Collins.

I would give Robinson 3-5, Melo 5-10, Smith and Collins 1-2.

Robinson shoved Smith a few times. Smith tackled Robinson into the crowd. Right? If the fight gets broken up before Smith tackles him, we're not talking about this brawl.

Anyone notice ESPN.com took the video down?

Buddy Holly
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
and the Melo hate continues. Thats why i love supporting him coz everyone else hates him

Look clown, this has nothing to do with hating.

The guy punches someone in the face and thing skips backwards as fast as he can to the lockerroom. That's a bitch ass move. You hit someone, you stay and own up to it.

You can't comprehend that because you either a 11 year old kid or you're pansy.

Shelly
Robinson shoved Smith a few times. Smith tackled Robinson into the crowd. If the fight gets broken up before Smith tackles him, we're not talking about this brawl.

My son was just watching it...

NuGGeTs-FaN
I'm guessing 20-25 games each for 'Melo and JR.

5 for Collins, 5-10 for Nate.

u must be a crackhead or blind, or even both

Collins should be sent to the WNBA and learn how to play

ChumpDumper
his slap didnt make it any worse.You are in complete denial, homer.

Spurminator

:lol , "slap"

lefty
Out of curiosity, anyone remember how many games Kermit Washington was suspended after the Tomjanovich punch?

I dunno ; bit it ended Rudy T's career as a player ; that was a violent punch
Maybe it's a good thing Melo didn't his Collins hard

Buddy Holly
12-16-2006, 11:49 PM

You're right, they did.

picnroll
12-16-2006, 11:49 PM

LBJ and Wade are sterns wenches, good on them for having the refs and commissioner in their pockets. It must be tough for them :drunk
Not hate. Just Melo is a dumbass with too much thug in him. Wade and LeBron realize they are in a billion dollar business. Melo thinks he's hangin in the hood. He'll of a guy to build your team and business around.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Look clown, this has nothing to do with hating.

The guy punches someone in the face and thing skips backwards as fast as he can to the lockerroom. That's a bitch ass move. You hit someone, you stay and own up to it.

in a normal fight yes but in the nba brawl Melo may have realised then that he shouldnt have gone in hot headed coz he would get suspended. So he made sure he didnt make it worse

Dont pretend like u wouldnt react first and think later, u would be brain dead if u didnt

MannyIsGod
NBATV refused to acknowledge it at all. I found that funny. There were talking about the game like it was a regular game.

ShoogarBear
If I remember correctly, Kermit Washington wasn't suspended any particular amount of games, but was out for the rest of the season.

Shelly
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
You're right, they did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/index?id=2699968

ChumpDumper
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
So he made sure he didnt make it worseBy not letting Collins catch him and kill him. Yes, that would have been worse.

ShoogarBear
12-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Robinson shoved Smith a few times. Smith tackled Robinson into the crowd. Right? If the fight gets broken up before Smith tackles him, we're not talking about this brawl.I think that's accurate. Another way to view it is if Robinson doesn't get involved, the end result is just a lot of jawing between Smith and Collins.

Spurminator
12-16-2006, 11:52 PM
NBATV refused to acknowledge it at all. I found that funny. There were talking about the game like it was a regular game.

They showed some of the postgame press conferences, but I never did see the actual brawl on NBATV (I was flipping channels though).

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Not hate. Just Melo is a dumbass with too much thug in him. Wade and LeBron realize they are in a billion dollar business. Melo thinks he's hangin in the hood. He'll of a guy to build your team and business around.

Melo doesnt get, and never has gotten, things handed to him like those two prima donnas.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Washington, then playing with the Los Angeles Lakers, was suspended for two months, missing 26 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Washington

Spurminator
12-16-2006, 11:55 PM
I think that's accurate. Another way to view it is if Robinson doesn't get involved, the end result is just a lot of jawing between Smith and Collins.

Yeah, but then you might not even HAVE suspensions. Robinson's actions by themselves would have warranted a suspension. Smith's action escalated it further.

I think players should be suspended for what they do, not for what other players do or how fights escalate. Case in point, I thought Ben Wallace got screwed last year when he was suspended 6 games for a flagrant foul just because Jackson/Artest/O'Neil went batshit.

joeyjfive
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Things got pretty ugly pretty quick

Spurminator
12-17-2006, 12:02 AM
ok, just saw it again, and changed my mind. Smith and Robinson deserve equal punishment... It looks like they both went into the crowd together, not a Smith tackle like I previously thought.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2006, 12:03 AM
"1/13/06
The NBA suspended Keyon Dooling (Orl) for 5 games and Ray Allen (Sea) for
3 games for their fight in Wednesday's Orl-Sea game. Dooling got the
longer suspension as he initiated the fight and also attempted to confront
Allen in the hallway after leaving the court (security was able to keep
Dooling from reaching Allen, though words were exchanged)."

no worse than that fight between those guys. There were punches and those two went into the crowd on the sideline

ShoogarBear
12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah, but then you might not even HAVE suspensions. Robinson's actions by themselves would have warranted a suspension. Smith's
action escalated it further.I don't understand your point. Smith is supposed to just let Robinson shove him mutliple times? Yeah, it's nice if he would have been cool enough to just walk away, but if you do something that can be expected to generate some sort of retaliation (e.g., commit a flagrant foul), then you bear some of the responsibility for that retaliation.

I think players should be suspended for what they do, not for what other players do or how fights escalate. Case in point, I thought Ben Wallace got screwed last year when he was suspended 6 games for a flagrant foul just because Jackson/Artest/O'Neil went batshit.And I completely disagree. Wallace bears some culpability. Before the cup was thrown, he was by far the most out-of-control person in the building.

Buddy Holly
12-17-2006, 12:08 AM
in a normal fight yes but in the nba brawl Melo may have realised then that he shouldnt have gone in hot headed coz he would get suspended. So he made sure he didnt make it worse

Dont pretend like u wouldnt react first and think later, u would be brain dead if u didnt

Melo ran like a chicken because he didn't want to be suspened? Dumbass, he was suspened the moment he punched Collins.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Heh saw the footage, Melo is a loser.

What a weak-minded thing to do. It was already calming down, and could have been the standard procedure after a flagrant foul, but he tries to get in a punch as if he was still 12 years old in the head on the court of a schoolyard.

he wasn't even involved! or defending his mate'.

sas06
12-17-2006, 12:17 AM
[unauthorized video removed]

Fabbs
12-17-2006, 12:18 AM
After last years Indy-Detroit brawl.....

Stern had every player sign off on what the consequences would be of any and all involvement in future brawls, right?

FromWayDowntown
12-17-2006, 12:20 AM
One practical reason that the suspensions here won't be as long as the suspensions were from the events in Detroit (notwithstanding the fact that I don't think this is remotely as bad), is that the new CBA changed the way that certain suspensions are appealed.

Under the old CBA, the suspensions doled out by the league were appealable, but the appeal went to Stern. Jackson, Artest, and O'Neal went to court to try to get a ruling allowing a neutral arbitrator to consider appeals of their suspensions, and I think they were able to get some relief, but not much.

Responding to that situation, the new CBA says that any suspension for on-court conduct that extends longer than 12 games can be appealed to a neutral arbitrator. I'd be somewhat surprised if the suspensions here were more than 12 games, if only to ensure that they'll be essentially unappealable.

And while I think what went down at MSG was a bunch of punk-ass bullshit, I don't think it's remotely close to what happened at the Palace.

picnroll
12-17-2006, 12:21 AM
One guy that impressed me was Lee, trying to break up the fight, pulling Knicks away.

Spurminator
12-17-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't understand your point. Smith is supposed to just let Robinson shove him mutliple times?

Not necessarily. If Player A shoves Player B and Player B shoves him back, they both deserve the same suspension. If Player A shoves Player B and Player B tackles Player A into the crowd, Player B deserves the greater suspension (assuming it ends there).

And I completely disagree. Wallace bears some culpability. Before the cup was thrown, he was by far the most out-of-control person in the building.

He wasn't suspended-for-six-games out of control. I don't see why you increase a player's suspension based on what other players do after that. How many games would you suspend Ben Wallace if Artest had choked a fan to death?

PM5K
12-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Eh, I know it's not a good idea to have your starters in during a blowout, but it's certainly not the Nuggets fault that the Knicks suck, and they can't act like they are so offended by getting their ass kicked, it happens all the time.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2006, 12:26 AM

The only reason he hates Melo is because he's the only crackhead in the league that showed up in a snitch video saying snitches should be killed.

Those things tend to not go over too well with civilized society.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2006, 12:27 AM
u must be a crackhead or blind, or even both

Collins should be sent to the WNBA and learn how to play

All Collins did was commit a flagrant 2. The rest of the attempted bitch slapping was done by your Chicken Nuggets and Nate.

I think you're the one who's blind and on crack.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2006, 12:30 AM

Melo realized he had just set off both Collins and Jeffries and would have gotten his ass beat.

Actually I've been in a situation like that before where friends at a party got into a fight with a couple of other guys. I was one of the ones in the middle pulling people off each other, not trying to be a thug like your hero cunt Carmelo.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Melo doesnt get, and never has gotten, things handed to him like those two prima donnas.

That's bullshit, 'Melo has had every bit as much handed to him as those other two.

When 'Melo comes close to averaging a triple double (like Lebron) or wins a ring (like Wade), people will say the same about him.

Until then he's just a thug with a Warner Brothers tattoo who shows up in street vids saying snitches should be shot.

YOu can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug.

ShoogarBear
12-17-2006, 12:32 AM
He wasn't suspended-for-six-games out of control. I don't see why you increase a player's suspension based on what other players do after that. How many games would you suspend Ben Wallace if Artest had choked a fan to death?Gee, I don't know. How many games would Artest have been suspended?

Actually, if something like that had occured, part of the legal investigation might have been into whether Wallace incited a riot. He wouldn't have been found guilty, of course, but the point is there is legal precedence for doing something and then being responsible for the subsequent actions of others.

In fact, continuing along these lines, in a court of law I suspect Nate Robinson would be guilty of assault and JR Smith would be innocent by reason of self-defense.

StylisticS
12-17-2006, 12:35 AM
so is anybody else pissed that Melo is on your fantasy team like me. :bang

Spurminator
12-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Gee, I don't know. How many games would Artest have been suspended?

Don't know, but I bet the Players Association would have appealed. :lol

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:10 AM
so is anybody else pissed that Melo is on your fantasy team like me.

Me! :depressed

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Apparently you can take the thugs out of the hood but not the hood out of the thugs.

Nice job, dumbasses.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2006, 01:18 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/12/17/sports/17knicks.1.600.jpg

Supergirl
12-17-2006, 01:26 AM
The Nuggets have just ended their chances of a playoff run. And Carmelo Anthony has now proved that he SHOULD NEVER be considered an elite player - an elite player knows that you don't put your team in jeopardy just to try and make yourself look tough.

According to reports I'm hearing, he threw a punch. That's what got Stephen Jackson suspended for 25 games last season. 25 games with Carmelo, and the Nuggets are done. Not to mention all the other guys they may have lost.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2006, 01:27 AM
December 17, 2006
Nuggets 123, Knicks 100
Sprawling Brawl Mars Ending of Knicks' Loss
By DAVID PICKER

The Knicks’ already struggling season reached a new low last night when a brawl erupted in the closing minutes of their game against the Denver Nuggets. All 10 players on court at the time were ejected as the fight spilled into the front row at Madison Square Garden.

Carmelo Anthony, the N.B.A.’s leading scorer, was one of those ejected. The fighting was the ugliest in the league in two years, since a memorable and frightening brawl when players for the Indiana Pacers went into the stands to fight Detroit Pistons fans.

“Clearly, this isn’t how we or the N.B.A. or anybody wants to be perceived,” said Isiah Thomas, the Knicks’ coach and president.

Last night’s melee occurred with 1 minute 15 seconds left in the fourth quarter and the Nuggets leading by 19 points on their way to a 123-100 victory.

Things erupted when the rookie Mardy Collins committed a flagrant foul on the Nuggets’ J. R. Smith, who was going for a layup. In seconds, Nate Robinson and Smith appeared to tackle each other, and a scrum formed behind the baseline.

Anthony then punched Collins in the face, sending Collins to the floor and escalating the fight.

Several other players also threw punches, and Anthony is almost certain to draw a suspension from the league.

The Knicks’ Jared Jeffries had to be restrained as he chased Anthony. Several players, coaches and security guards ran onto the court trying to end the fight.

With all 10 players who were playing at the time of the fight ejected, the game was delayed for several minutes as the three referees tried to sort out what had happened.

“After we gave a hard foul, they pushed it to the next level,” Jeffries said. “Mardy got sucker-punched, and it escalated from there.”

The fight came at a time of increasing pressure on the Knicks. James L. Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, felt compelled last week to publicly support Thomas, who is under an improve-or-else edict this season imposed by the team’s ownership. Earlier in the game, Dolan was sitting in his front-row seat, just a few feet from where the fight began.

Last night’s events seemed to further undermine Thomas’s efforts to turn the Knicks around. He is the architect of the team, and its record is 9-17.

“He should have shot two free throws and that should have been the end of it,” Thomas said of Smith. “I don’t know particularly how it escalated from there to what it turned out to be because it was a game that they had won quite convincingly. That should have been the end of it.”

The Knicks who were ejected were Robinson, Jeffries, Collins, Channing Frye and David Lee. The ejected Nuggets were Anthony, Smith, Eduardo Najera, Marcus Camby and Andre Miller.

Jeffries and Frye were the only starters on the court for the Knicks at the time of the fight, while the Nuggets were still using four of their five starters. Several Knicks said they believed the Nuggets were trying to run up the score, and they seemed to regard that as a provocation.

“From what they did as in keeping guys in, I knew a foul was going to come, a hard one,” Robinson said. “Because we’re not going to just let guys keep dunking and keep dunking when they’re up 20 and they got their starters in. You know, it was a good clean foul. After that, it just went downhill from there.”

Stephon Marbury also said he was surprised the Nuggets left so many starters in the game with such a large lead.

The teams only play each other twice a year, and they do not have a history of bad blood.

“This isn’t even a rivalry,” Thomas said.

The Knicks won the first meeting between the teams this season, in Denver, by 109-107.

But there was friction between Nuggets Coach George Karl and Thomas last summer. Thomas reportedly was upset with Karl for talking about the state of the Knicks. After last season, the Knicks fired their coach, Larry Brown, who is close to Karl.

The Knicks seem to reach new lows each week. The have been battling injuries to key players, including Quentin Richardson, Frye and Steve Francis.

Jeffries saw an upside to the fight, saying that when teammates defended each other, it was a sign of affection.

“It’s his rookie year,” Jefferies said of Collins. “I’m going to stick up for him.”

Collins was not available for comment after the game.

The brawl was a setback for the league’s efforts to improve its image although, in perhaps the only piece of good news to emerge from the fracas, no fans were believed to be involved in last night’s fight.

“I feel bad for the league,” Karl said. “I feel bad for the Denver Nuggets and the New York Knicks. Very poor display of respecting basketball, of respecting the game in the best place in the world to play basketball.”

The league has taken several steps to improve its image over the past few years, including implementing a dress code and calling technical fouls on players who argue excessively with the referees.

When asked if he thought the fight had bruised the league’s image, Marbury said, “I’m sure the N.B.A. will find a way to clean it up.”

The fight also overshadowed a fine performance by Anthony, who scored a game-high 34 points. Marbury led the Knicks with a season-high 31 points.

The Knicks trailed by 26 points midway through the third quarter as Anthony at one point outscored them by 13-0. The Knicks then scored 28 points in about six minutes to cut the Nuggets lead to 94-84 after three quarters.

Richardson, who is battling back pain, was not active for the game. Frye, who returned to the rotation after missing the previous 10 games with a sprained left ankle, started and scored 10 points.

But with players now facing suspensions, Frye may spend a little more time on the bench.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/17/sports/basketball/17knicks.html?hp&ex=1166418000&en=16e6be061cee75b8&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Sense
12-17-2006, 01:32 AM

End of story?

JR should have never even gotten up and stood in Collins face that way... It looked like Nate at first wanted to separate them, but JR kept talking shit.. so no end of story at all..

Nate can probably bench press more than JR btw.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2006, 01:33 AM
http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7783/nuggets1ht2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1494/nuggets2gz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6424/nuggets3kc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Nate could probably bench press JR.

Sense
12-17-2006, 01:34 AM
http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7783/nuggets1ht2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1494/nuggets2gz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6424/nuggets3kc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This is hilarious..

JR Smith's a little bitch haha.

Sense
12-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Woulda been badass if some thugs from NY just popped out of their seats and made this a NY brawl...

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:36 AM
This is hilarious..

Pretty much a court full of bitches.

exstatic
12-17-2006, 01:38 AM
“I feel bad for the league,” Karl said. “I feel bad for the Denver Nuggets and the New York Knicks. Very poor display of respecting basketball, of respecting the game in the best place in the world to play basketball.”
Hey fuckhead, how about you empty your bench? There was 1:15 left, and your 4 starters are still running the break, up 19? Bush league. Melo threw the first punch, but your trick ass threw down the gauntlet.

ponky
12-17-2006, 01:39 AM
just suspend the kincks for the season please, i'm so sick and tired of having them in the news when they suck ass so bad

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:41 AM
just suspend the kincks for the season please, i'm so sick and tired of having them in the news when they suck ass so bad

hell of an idea! :tu

picnroll
12-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Chicago front office celebrating their improving chances of landing Oden.

ponky
12-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Apparently you can take the thugs out of the hood but not the hood out of the thugs.

Nice job, dumbasses.

hicks from the sticks play baseball and hockey and you can tell me they don't get into more fights than do nba players?

picnroll
12-17-2006, 01:45 AM
hicks from the sticks play baseball and hockey and you can tell me they don't get into more fights than do nba players?
Terry and Stackhouse should have been hockey players. Do hockey palyers nut shot each other?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2006, 01:45 AM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4161/nuggets4mz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/3787/nugget5dt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9477/nug6wm5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6753/n7ik3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ponky
12-17-2006, 01:47 AM
This is hilarious..

They shouldn't suspend anyone, look at those fans in the background, they are luvin' it, especially that lady smiling next to the guy with his mouth wide open pointing at all the action.

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:49 AM

you are right...I can't and wouldn't try because I think its wrong there too.

THE SIXTH MAN
Woulda been badass if some thugs from NY just popped out of their seats and made this a NY brawl...
Do you know how much tickets are to the garden? Unlike the palace, the people at MSG were probably too scared to get their designer clothes dirty. :dramaquee

baseline bum
Bad sportsmanship is fucking crap. JR Smith probably had it coming, showing up the Knicks like that on their floor, but you gotta learn to deal with that. There's always going to be jackasses in the league doing crap like that. Randy Foye pulled that crap on the Clippers with like 5 seconds left in a bitter loss for them (when they blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead). Desmond Mason pulled that 360 at the end of game 2 of the Spurs 2002 series with Seattle.

Karl and Thomas can both go fuck themselves, using their players as pawns to rub salt into each other's wounds. I wish their asses would get suspended without pay too.

ponky
12-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Terry and Stackhouse should have been hockey players. Do hockey palyers nut shot each other?

Wow, a Spurs fan will take time out from any topic on hand to talk about my beloved Mavericks. Thanks, we love you too. At least my boyz don't resort to biting like a little 5 year old girl.

picnroll
12-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Wow, a Spurs fan will take time out from any topic on hand to talk about my beloved Mavericks. Thanks, we love you too. At least my boyz don't resort to biting like a little 5 year old girl.
We Spurs fans are just jealous of our teams complete lack of dumbasses.

peskypesky
12-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Karl provoked the Knicks in my book. By leaving 4 starters in with a 20-point lead and a little over a minute in the game, he was attempting to humiliate the Knicks. And the Nuggets were still running the break and going for high-flying dunks after Thomas had pulled most of his starters.

These are not only human beings we're talking about, but elite alpha-dog athletes with a lot of adrenaline and testosterone running through their veins. To expect them (the Knicks) to just stand there and be humiliated by the Nuggets is unrealistic. People have breaking points. They have pride. And when you push people far enough, they will lash out. It is human nature. And it ain't ever going to change.

Which is precisely why you do not do what the Nuggets did. You do not continue to run the score up when the game is won. You do not rub your victory in your opponents' faces. You do that and you are asking for a beat-down.

I understand all the people saying that violence is not the "proper" response, but in a situation like this, it's a highly probable one.

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 01:58 AM
I think we all can agree that there is plenty of blame to go around.

ponky
12-17-2006, 02:00 AM
We Spurs fans are just jealous of our teams complete lack of dumbasses.

right, go tell that to shaq, reggie, jordan, barkley, kobe and all those other dumbasses who have gotten into fights...fights happen in heated competition, haven't you ever gotten so pissed off in sports that you wanna rip the other guy's head off? i can understand both types of guys, people like duncan who do their stuff quietly and people like shaq who have to be in the spotlight :rolleyes

peskypesky
12-17-2006, 02:04 AM
I think we all can agree that there is plenty of blame to go around.

word

ponky
12-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Karl provoked the Knicks in my book. By leaving 4 starters in with a 20-point lead and a little over a minute in the game, he was attempting to humiliate the Knicks. And the Nuggets were still running the break and going for high-flying dunks after Thomas had pulled most of his starters.

These are not only human beings we're talking about, but elite alpha-dog athletes with a lot of adrenaline and testosterone running through their veins. To expect them (the Knicks) to just stand there and be humiliated by the Nuggets is unrealistic. People have breaking points. They have pride. And when you push people far enough, they will lash out. It is human nature. And it ain't ever going to change.

Which is precisely why you do not do what the Nuggets did. You do not continue to run the score up when the game is won. You do not rub your victory in your opponents' faces. You do that and you are asking for a beat-down.

I understand all the people saying that violence is not the "proper" response, but in a situation like this, it's a highly probable one.

please, it's basketball, these are men playing a frickin' game...if they can't take the *humiliation* even though they are paid millions to be on the court and not fight, then fuck them, especially the knicks who should be humiliated just by their game, their coach and all the loudmouth idiots on their team...what about the flagrant foul? you think the knicks needed to do that because it was the start of their comeback? just like the cowboys game tonight, hall was *humiliated* by t.o. and proceeded to act like a little bitch, roughing up everyone in the way

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Anthony may face stiffest penalty in wake of brawl
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- About a minute or two before the Knicks-Nuggets brawl erupted Saturday night in Madison Square Garden, New York coach Isiah Thomas mentioned to Denver star Carmelo Anthony that it wouldn't be a good idea to go anywhere near the paint, according to a member of the Denver Nuggets organization.

The message was unmistakable: A hard foul was coming. And when it came, the NBA had its first full-scale fight of the 2006-07 season.

As it tries to stay in the race in the Western Conference, Denver now has a huge question to ponder: How long will Anthony be suspended? That's in addition to that other question they've been dealing with for a week: Is Allen Iverson coming aboard?

My first guess was that Anthony would be suspended for four games, a prediction I related to Denver coach George Karl after he reviewed a tape of the fight.

"I'll take the over," he said.

Anthony is likely to be penalized the hardest because he threw the punch everyone is going to see over and over again, a roundhouse right that decked Knicks rookie Mardy Collins -- the player who initiated the fracas with an egregiously hard flagrant foul against J.R. Smith on a breakaway with 1:15 remaining.

The Knicks were angry the Nuggets still had their starters in the game in the final two minutes despite a double-digit lead, including a 119-100 advantage when Collins committed his foul.

"They were sticking it to us pretty good, really giving it to us. J.R. had one dunk where he reversed and spun in the air, and Mardy didn't want to see that happen again in front of our fans," Thomas said.

Smith immediately jumped up and challenged Collins, and the fracas escalated when Knicks guard Nate Robinson ran into the fray. About 15 seconds after the initial foul, as players from both teams were clustered along the baseline just a few feet from Garden owner James Dolan, Anthony threw what appeared to be a sucker punch at Collins, decking him.

Anthony backpedaled downcourt after the punch, with Jared Jeffries nearly coming out of his shirt as he tried to chase Anthony down, and various people tried to stop Jeffries. All 10 players who were on the court -- including all of Denver's starters except Nene -- were ejected.

"From what they did, keeping their guys on the court, I knew a foul was going to come. It was a good, clean, hard foul, and after that things went down from there," Robinson said. "I've never seen a team up 20 keep their starters in. They wanted to embarrass us, and it was a slap in the face to us as a team and a franchise."

Robinson is certain to draw a suspension for his part in escalating the brawl, and likewise Collins for the part his flagrant foul played. The league might come down hard on Thomas, too, if it finds him culpable for instigating the fracas by ordering a hard foul.

But the biggest penalty likely will go to Anthony, who began the night as the league's leading scorer and was just 75 seconds away from wrapping up a 2-3 road trip on a positive note.

Now, he might be out until Christmas, and he might even have Iverson as a teammate by the next time he plays, although Karl didn't sound too positive about that possible development, either.

"I spoke to [general manager] Mark [Warkentien] yesterday, and he said it seemed like it was dying down. I didn't even bother calling him today," Karl told me before heading out the locker room door for the flight back to Denver, facing an immediate future without Iverson or Anthony ... and sounding convinced things are going to stay that way for a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=2699963

THE SIXTH MAN
12-17-2006, 02:06 AM
right, go tell that to shaq, reggie, jordan, barkley, kobe and all those other dumbasses who have gotten into fights...fights happen in heated competition, haven't you ever gotten so pissed off in sports that you wanna rip the other guy's head off? i can understand both types of guys, people like duncan who do their stuff quietly and people like shaq who have to be in the spotlight :rolleyes
I remember when a young AJ got into a fight with Van Axel when he was with the Lakers. Does any one else remeber this? :lol

ponky
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Dang, it sucks that this fight didn't happen a bit earlier, Melo is on my opponents' team i n my fantasy HTH league and he's so close to surpassing me with one more day of play. Anyway, I guess this will help throughout the season though because 'Melo is really helping this guy's fantasy team and he's in first and I'm second, YAY! Sorry 'Melo, I like you but stupid move...you should've at least taken out that bitch, Nate Robinson

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2006, 02:13 AM
I remember when a young AJ got into a fight with Van Axel when he was with the Lakers. Does any one else remeber this?

because he will not be mishandled. :lol

picnroll
12-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Knicks fans should have punched Dolan. Now that I could understand and sympathize with.

SequSpur
12-17-2006, 02:27 AM
wgaf.

its about time someone outside of the bobcat kickin spurs ass showed some emotion.

Good for competition.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2006, 02:32 AM
Melo's a wuss for hitting someone's whose back was held, and then running like a bitch. And Nate Robinson is the man for not taking any shit. He took Smith down like he was nothing

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
for those complaining about the nuggets rubbin it in the knicks faces.....its the knicks damn it :D wtf gives a shit.

SequSpur
12-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Melo will get pay back.

Winnipeg_Spur
12-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Damn, how many people were still in the garden when that happened? That's going to be a lot of snitches to kill...

ponky
12-17-2006, 02:50 AM
Nate Robinson got what was coming to him, I can't believe he was whining about the starters in the game when the Nuggets were already up by 20.

the excerpt below was regarding the cavs/knicks game:

His failed dunk attempt in the first half – Robinson tried to showboat by bouncing the ball off the floor – was a prime example of Robinson worrying about making the highlight reel as opposed to making a basket.

Incredibly, Robinson said he would try the move again but only if the Knicks were “ahead by 20.” Great, show poor sportsmanship by rubbing it in.

TheSanityAnnex
12-17-2006, 02:54 AM
The Nate Robinson take down was wonderful.

The Melo punch and run to the locker room was so bitch like it was wonderful.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Nate tackled JR into the chairs and u call it a 'wonderful' take down? LOL Anyone can push someone into the crowd. Nate took it into the crowd, he should be the one who gets the most

Nate is a lil bitch and should go back to the Wonka Factory. Biggest panzy in the NBA and cant even make 75% of his dunks

I hope Isiah gets done for this coz he is the one who ordered it. Lil bitches run the Knicks

ChumpDumper
12-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Anyone can push someone into the crowd.Anyone can slap someone like Joan Collins.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Nate tackled JR into the chairs and u call it a 'wonderful' take down? LOL Anyone can push someone into the crowd. Nate took it into the crowd, he should be the one who gets the most

Nate is a lil bitch and should go back to the Wonka Factory. Biggest panzy in the NBA and cant even make 75% of his dunks

I hope Isiah gets done for this coz he is the one who ordered it. Lil bitches run the Knicks

That tackle was the shit

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:21 AM
i know youtube content is not allowed so i won't post anything but two words:

Kori Ellis
i know youtube content is not allowed so i won't post anything but two words:

No use to go to You Tube. The whole video of this brawl is on the front of ESPN.com.

NuGGeTs-FaN
That tackle was the shit

u need to watch a real sport and not that NFL crap if u thought that was a tackle

i know there is no point talking about it with you guys coz its all 'hate the nuggets and whatever they do' and its probably purely coz they are in the west

anyone who supports the knicks and their thug coach isnt worth arguing with.

Players should stop whining about getting beat bad. The game is 48 minutes, so play for 48 minutes, losers

Kori Ellis
12-17-2006, 03:23 AM
My guess is Carmelo gets 15 games. What do you guys think?

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:23 AM
No use to go to You Tube. The whole video of this brawl is on the front of ESPN.com.

oh yeah i know, i was having fun watching barkley bounce the ball of shaq's head, it's pre-palace stuff

ChumpDumper
12-17-2006, 03:24 AM
I don't hate the Nuggets.

Bitch move by Melo though.

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:27 AM
i think both robinson and melo will get around 15, maybe a couple for collins and that's it...oh yes, and fire that idiot thomas, no need to wait until the end of the season since the season is essentially over

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2006, 03:29 AM
what makes it worth 15 games, out of curiosity?

Ray and Dooling got 5 (i think) for punching

Kobe got 2 for elbowing in the throat

Is it coz more players were involved and the crowd ? Nate was the one who took this thing into the crowd and took it further.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't hate the Nuggets.

Bitch move by Melo though.

i still dont buy it. Melo wouldnt back down from Jeffries, no way, no how, no where. I think Melo realised at that point what he had done and knew he would get busted.

Melo isn't a softy, as much as people like to picture him as one.

I still wish K was there, i would have paid to see him get suspended for life for breaking someones Jaw :fro :lol

ChumpDumper
12-17-2006, 03:31 AM
what makes it worth 15 games, out of curiosity?Turning tail and sprinting to the locker room after a limp wristed slap is without precedent. God only knows how many games this could cost him.

Kori Ellis
12-17-2006, 03:32 AM
My guess is Carmelo gets around 12-15 because it was a sucker punch/slap and not in the heat of the initial battle.

Collins, Nate and JR - 7. (Maybe Collins should get more?)

Jeffries - 5.

Then a couple games (1-2) for other players.

And then I wonder if Isiah ordered the inital hard foul.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Turning tail and sprinting to the locker room after a limp wristed slap is without precedent. God only knows how many games this could cost him.

it was a slap which is an open hand which should mean lower suspension.

It wasnt a closed fist which is a good thing :fro

Don't try and tell me that these kids from tough places actually slap instead of punch. Melo probably thought a slap would be less punishable :lol

either way, he is going to be out for a while but AI will pick up the slack :smokin :hungry:

ChumpDumper
12-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Don't try and tell me that these kids from tough places actually slap instead of punch.Don't try to tell me men slap other men in a fight.

Ever.

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:36 AM
what makes it worth 15 games, out of curiosity?

Ray and Dooling got 5 (i think) for punching

Kobe got 2 for elbowing in the throat

Is it coz more players were involved and the crowd ? Nate was the one who took this thing into the crowd and took it further.

Whoa, I didn't say it was WORTH 15, I just think our little sissy league higher-ups will hand them 15. I think it's worth about 5.

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:37 AM
it was a slap which is an open hand which should mean lower suspension.

It wasnt a closed fist which is a good thing :fro

Don't try and tell me that these kids from tough places actually slap instead of punch. Melo probably thought a slap would be less punishable :lol

either way, he is going to be out for a while but AI will pick up the slack :smokin :hungry:

sometimes....they BITE!

ponky
12-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Other than Collins, Melo, Jeffries, Smith and Robinson, who else actually engaged in fighting? I don't see why anyone who was already on the floor should be suspended just because they were on the floor. I didn't see Najera or Camby do anything but try and help pull guys off each other.

TheSanityAnnex
12-17-2006, 05:06 AM

After you take Smith's cock out of your ass, rewatch the clip. Smith charged a midget and got taken down. It was wonderful in every way I can think of. Big dude charges little dude for a takedown and has it reversed. You fucking homer ass piece of shit.

Nate should be the one who gets the most? Fuck off homer. How about Carmelo and his bitch slap?

TheSanityAnnex
12-17-2006, 05:08 AM
i still dont buy it. Melo wouldnt back down from Jeffries, no way, no how, no where.
Is that why Melo backpeddled 30 steps after slapping Jeffries like a girl? Again, take the Nugget cock out of your ass.

Hoop Mecca
12-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Nate Robinson is a little bitch, why do they allow midgets in the NBA?

RonMexico
12-17-2006, 05:44 AM
All-in-all, isn't it ironic that Mardy Collins is from Temple - the same place where Jon Chaney ordered a player of his to go and intentionally slam another player to the ground to make them "pay for it"?

(that's the G-rated version of course)

Regardless of whether "Zeke" gave the order or not (btw, I'm labeling him the biggest bitch of a coach/GM/league commish of all time - "boo hoo, they were running up the score :( ..."), I think perhaps some of Collins's past may have crept up here...