PDA

View Full Version : Jekka

Shelly
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet :tu

:jekka

ObiwanGinobili
12-16-2006, 11:43 PM
holy crap I drank that at my inlaws 3 weeks back.

I agree.

Guru of Nothing
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet

Looks like an American Kennel Club dog name.

Shelly
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Looks like an American Kennel Club dog name.

You must pronounce it with an upper crust accent

Jekka
12-17-2006, 12:38 AM

I've liked most of the Penfold's I've had in the past, I'll have to check that one out, thanks! :toast Maybe tomorrow night at the poker gtg since I have the night off of work - you should drop in and have a glass :)

ShoogarBear
12-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Gort Klaatu Barada Nikto

MannyIsGod
12-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Gort Klaatu Barada NiktoElitist

leemajors
12-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Gort Klaatu Barada Nikto

i watched that again recently.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-17-2006, 05:11 AM

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

What does it sell for over there?

Koonunga Hill is fine, but it's at the lower end of the Australian wine market, about $7-9 a bottle. Few people understand that the wine Australia produces is the best in the world in terms of quality/price. However, if you step up to the next level of Penfolds shiraz cabernet, like say the Bin 389, you really notice the difference.

Some other good labels - Goundrey, Richmond Grove - and if you like whites, New Zealand labels Cloudy Bay and Oyster Bay.

If you can find any Western Australian wines, snap them up. Vasse Felix anything is particularly good.

I LOVE wine. :drunk :lol

Shelly
12-17-2006, 09:50 AM
I like Australian wines a lot.

My husband buys the wine, so I don't know what it the price of it is. I'd say we drink more Australian wines than anything else.

12-17-2006, 10:20 AM

Spend a tad more and have the Bin 128.

Or the Grange.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Wine tastes like shit. Grow some balls and take a shot of 151.
agree, even though i never had 151, morgan blue

Shelly
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM

Well, when Ripple is your wine of choice, I'd have to agree...

jman3000
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
only time i've drank wine is when i used to go to church... blood of Christ and all that jazz.

Jekka
12-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

What does it sell for over there?

Koonunga Hill is fine, but it's at the lower end of the Australian wine market, about $7-9 a bottle. Few people understand that the wine Australia produces is the best in the world in terms of quality/price. However, if you step up to the next level of Penfolds shiraz cabernet, like say the Bin 389, you really notice the difference.

Some other good labels - Goundrey, Richmond Grove - and if you like whites, New Zealand labels Cloudy Bay and Oyster Bay.

If you can find any Western Australian wines, snap them up. Vasse Felix anything is particularly good.

I LOVE wine. :drunk :lol
One of the best Australian bottles I've ever had was a Wirra Wirra RSW Shiraz 1998, and it was so good I could have melted. I'm a big fan of Australian wine, and I love that you can get pretty good bottles for not a lot of money (Wirra Wirra RSW excluded).

Manny and I have had good experience with New Zealand whites - Kim Crawford's Sauvingon Blanc is awesome to cook and pair with most seafood.

Marklar MM
12-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Cheap wine...mmmmmm

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-17-2006, 06:14 PM

Eat my balls, son. I've downed more 151 than you could imagine... :drunk :lol

Actually, I am very familiar with 151, it was one of my staples in Okinawa (the tropics just makes you want to drink). Great in moderation, half a bottle will make you the sickest you've ever been in your life!

Wanna talk REALLY serious liquor, try Spiritus, a 190 proof (not exaggerating) vodka from somewhere in Eastern Europe. I once watched a guy screw up a flaming spiritus and set his face on fire! It was hilarious for the rest of the room, but he burned his stuble off and went into shock. Here's to you, Krawchuk! :toast :lmao

Jekka
12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
So Central Market (as if I needed another reason to resent HEB) didn't have Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet when I was there, but they did have their Bin 2 Shiraz Mourvedre, which has turned out to be more than decent if anyone is looking for something a little different :jekka