PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Clinch Playoff berth

METALMiKE
12-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Cowboys clinch playoff berth :santahat

Web Posted: 12/17/2006 03:38 PM CST

Tom Orsborn
Express-News

The Dallas Cowboys are going to the playoffs.

Their wild 38-28 victory over Atlanta on Saturday, coupled with losses by Minnesota and Carolina on Sunday, allowed the Cowboys (9-5) to clinch their first berth in the Super Bowl tournament since 2003 and only their second since 1998.

If the playoffs were to start today, Dallas would be the third seed in the NFC. Chicago (12-2) would be No. 1 and New Orleans (9-5) would be No. 2 based on their 42-17 victory over the Cowboys last week.

The No. 2 seed receives a first-round bye and a home game in the second round. The Bears clinched home field throughout the playoffs with a victory over Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Dallas holds a 1 1/2-game lead over Philadelphia and the New York Giants in the NFC East and could potentially clinch their first division crown since 1998 with a victory over the Eagles on Christmas Day.

The Cowboys will be favored in that game and their season finale against lowly Detroit on Dec. 31. If the Cowboys win both, they will roll into the playoffs having won seven of their last eight games and three straight.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/stories/MYSA121706.cowboysplayoff.1c0224b4.html

P-O-Z
12-18-2006, 02:43 PM
i think they have a shot ot go all the way

johnsmith
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
You know, for a while there I didn't see anyone being able to beat the Cowboys, then the Saints came in and crushed them, then I was saying the same thing about the Saints. Then the Saints lost to Washington in New Orleans. I now have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about the NFL.

Hook Dem
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
You know, for a while there I didn't see anyone being able to beat the Cowboys, then the Saints came in and crushed them, then I was saying the same thing about the Saints. Then the Saints lost to Washington in New Orleans. I now have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about the NFL.
You are not alone!

MosesGuthrie
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Amen to that.

RealEstateDude
12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Any given Sunday..

SpursWoman
12-18-2006, 11:53 PM

:lol

Yeah, I just watch ... and pray. http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/ypray.gif :angel

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
New Orleans hadn't been fucked by Washington that badly since Katrina.

StylisticS
12-19-2006, 12:14 AM

It's today's NFL. Shouldn't surprise you.

Ballcox
12-19-2006, 01:11 PM
^ I actually thought the Cowboys and Romo were due for a letdown type game heading into that New Orleans game. They had been on quite a streak up until that game, and outside of the Colts, no teams in the NFL really make it much past 5-6 games before they have a letdown type game. I was also glad it came when it did, hopefully allows us to regain our focus and win out the last 3 games of the season. So, one game already in the bag and now it's time to finish off Philly and Detroit, I would really like to win out and get that 1st round bye in the playoffs.

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
They had been on quite a streak up until that game, and outside of the Colts, no teams in the NFL really make it much past 5-6 games before they have a letdown type game. Really? I'm riding an 8 game win streak right now without a letdown type game.

Ballcox
12-19-2006, 02:18 PM
^ You, my friend, are then the exception to the rule.

You are talking about fantasy league, right? Or you must be a Chargers fan?

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
The latter. And it will be nine games after facing Arizona next week.

Ballcox
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
^ I like the Chargers, although I was unhappy that they let Brees go. Having grown up in Austin you tend to always root for the local guys, but they seem to be in good hands with Rivers. LT is also a Texas guy, so it's good to see him doing well. My only concern with your team would be ol Marty's track record in the playoffs, he's had some problems there.........

leemajors
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
New Orleans hadn't been fucked by Washington that badly since Katrina.

zing!

kskonn
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Really? I'm riding an 8 game win streak right now without a letdown type game.

you shouldn't have said that with the cardinals coming up.... but in all honesty when teams ride great running backs they tend to be less vulnerable to a let down game due to less opportunies to make mistakes. that is how the cowboys were in the early 90's.