PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Merriman

TheSanityAnnex
12-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Is he still worthy of a DPOY award?
-------------------------------------------

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

Personally, I still think he should have a shot at it, regardless of what went down with the whole "steroid" deal. Call me homer......but I'll believe what he says until I hear something else. I was convinced when I heard him say there was no use for him to take them since he was already considered the one of the best at his position and in the spotlight. Regardless................

We still don't know "exactly" what went down with him and his "tainted supplements". Could he have known what he was doing......sure. Could he have been misinformed............sure.

I don't know, nor do I care. The man admitted he "took or used" tainted supplements (and or steriods) and took his suspension with no complaints.

When is the last time an MLB Player has done such?

Steroids or not, in his rookie season (tested and clean), he was still a beast, and since coming back, and being tested, he is still a beast. Dude is the best pass rusher this league has seen for a long time. He is averaging 1.13 sacks per game. Look up your favorite linebacker and tell what his total is...........seriously, any linebacker. Find a stat like Merrimans.

And this is after missing 4 games. Imagine his sack total had he not been suspended. Merriman is going to be what Tomlinson is to Running Backs. Mark my words.

Does he deserve a shot at the defensive player of the year? What are your thoughts? You all know I'm a complete Charger homer so of course I'm all for him getting a nomination.

Looks like Merriman doesn't agree with me...................

"Life is not fair. Things are not fair. It's not fair for a lot of things. But the neat thing that was after I came back, I was still in position to come in and help my team to go all the way. If I do that, I think I'll accomplish my goal. Personally, my goal is not the Pro Bowl, not Defensive Player of the Year. I know what my goal is and to accomplish my goal is the goal we set as a team before the season started."

Regardless of his suspension................

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

greenroom
12-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Should he be considered sure, but I just don't see him winning the award in the same year he was suspeneded for 4 games.

MosesGuthrie
12-18-2006, 09:03 AM
I would agree. I think he has done enough to merit consideration but there might be some voters who hold the suspension against him. Without the suspension, I think he would win in a landslide.

johnsmith
12-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Champ Bailey