Arenas goes for 60 as Wizards beat Lakers in OT
Rockets top Clippers 108-103
76ers president King in no rush to deal Iverson
Trying to stop Nuggets' fun, Knicks start latest NBA headache
Carmelo Anthony statement
Brawl rulings likely to come Monday
By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
December 18, 2006
Guard Earl Boykins, one of the Nuggets' most popular players, looks to be on the trading block.
A source said Sunday the chances are "better than 50-50" Boykins will be moved before the Feb. 22 trade deadline. A Western Conference executive who asked not to be identified concurred.

The first source said a deal has been discussed that would send Boykins and Nuggets forward Eduardo Najera to Dallas in a three-team trade that would facilitate the Nuggets getting Philadelphia star Allen Iverson. However, the executive called that a "long shot."

Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien declined comment.

Nuggets coach George Karl is said to like the 5-foot-5 Boykins but that new management does not value him as much as the old regime.

The Nuggets also don't want to lose Boykins for nothing. He is expected to opt out of his $3 million contract next summer and become a free agent.

Boykins could ask for $5 million in free agency. If the Nuggets are above the luxury tax threshold, that would be the equivalent of $10 million.

There apparently have been discussions about Boykins and Najera going to Dallas, Mavericks forward Austin Croshere to Philadelphia, and the Nuggets also sending Joe Smith and two first-round picks to the 76ers for Iverson. However, it's debatable how serious they have been.

While the executive did not foresee that deal happening, the executive did say the Mavericks sought to reacquire Najera last summer, but the Nuggets wouldn't move him.

The executive called Denver the Iverson front-runner. However, the executive does not foresee anything happening quickly. That view was shared by 76ers president Billy King, who told The Associated Press he will be "methodical" in his dealings.

"We never put a timetable on this," King said. "The only timetable I'll put on this is to make the best decision for this franchise for the long haul."

The executive said the Nuggets also have spoken to Chicago, Seattle, Memphis and Portland, who have players with big expiring contracts, about getting involved in a possible three-team deal for Iverson. The executive said much of Philadelphia's current energy is being spent trying to get guard Shaun Livingston from the Clippers, although it's a long shot.

Meanwhile, Karl does not appear optimistic about the Nuggets getting Iverson.

"I spoke to Mark (Warkentien on Friday), and he said it seemed like it was dying down," Karl told -ESPN.com Saturday night.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_5221538,00.html

Chris
12-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Highly doubtful trade right there. Boykins belongs with a run and gun team like the Suns. If the Mavs want to improve their defense and depth at point guard, Boykins is not the answer.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-18-2006, 10:39 AM
please take him. Cuban did the Nuggs a favour by overpaying Buckner, another favour would be great :lol

stretch
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
if we can get Boykins and Najera, and just give up Croshere, that will be the biggest bargain of the year. i would love to have those two guys. they are both scrappy defenders who are great role players, which is what we need. Boykins is a solid passer, shooter, scorer, and i think would be a nice addition. and anyone would love to have Eddie Najera. the guy epitomizes hustling on the court.

Spurminator
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes, please get Boykins. And make sure you play him at LEAST 25 mpg, mostly with Dirk on the floor.

Chris
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
if we can get Boykins and Najera, and just give up Croshere, that will be the biggest bargain of the year. i would love to have those two guys. they are both scrappy defenders who are great role players, which is what we need. Boykins is a solid passer, shooter, scorer, and i think would be a nice addition. and anyone would love to have Eddie Najera. the guy epitomizes hustling on the court.

Calling Boykins a scrappy defender is like saying Mark Cuban is a good human being.

stretch
12-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Calling Boykins a scrappy defender is like saying Mark Cuban is a good human being.
how so? while not a superior defender, he can annoy opposing defenses with his speed and quickness in the lanes and can pester guys by getting steals. ive seen him give teams fits quite often.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Um fuck Boykins and Najera. We really need someone like Webber to help us score inside. Webber will demand attention in the paint and he would help this team out alot especially Dirk. WE DONT need another fucking pg and another Adrian Griffin wannabe. :madrun :pctoss

ShoogarBear
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Boykins on the Mavs? Is it possible to have a total of negative assists?

ShoogarBear
12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Yes, please get Boykins. And make sure you play him at LEAST 25 mpg, mostly with Dirk on the floor.It would be worth it just to see Boykins and Jason Terry on the floor for five minutes together.

stretch
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Um fuck Boykins and Najera. We really need someone like Webber to help us score inside. Webber will demand attention in the paint and he would help this team out alot especially Dirk. WE DONT need another fucking pg and another Adrian Griffin wannabe. :madrun :pctoss
GTFO. you are the biggest fucking moron on this forum.

BUMP
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
i can understand that Iverson doesnt make sense, but what's wrong with this deal? SpurFans act like every trade we make is ridiculous.

how is the Elson deal working out?

Ignorant Spurs fan
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Boykins wouldnt make any sense, when you already have Johnson, Harris, and Terry. but Najera is a good player for the Mavs to go after

Phenomanul
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
i can understand that Iverson doesnt make sense, but what's wrong with this deal? SpurFans act like every trade we make is ridiculous.

how is the Elson deal working out?

Pretty good actually....

Dirk Nowitzki
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
GTFO. you are the biggest fucking moron on this forum.

:rolleyes :rolleyes Yes lets land yet another fucking pg and get an SF who is an undersized pf and does the same things Griffin pretty much did for us. You dumb son of a bitch we could use inside scoring as well.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Dirk has a point.

dirk4mvp
12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Dirk has a point.

He said Chris Webber would score inside. No point made there.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I was being sarcastic.