PDA

View Full Version : NBA Investigating Isiah Thomas

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Report: NBA investigating if Knicks' Thomas ordered hard foulDaily News Wire Services
The NBA is investigating whether Isiah Thomas, the president and coach of the Knicks, ordered a hard foul that touched off a brawl with the Denver Nuggets on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, several people involved in the investigation told the New York Times yesterday.

The Nuggets, according to those people, are pointing to an exchange between Thomas and Carmelo Anthony - part of which was captured by the MSG Network - that seemed to convey a threat. None of the people who spoke about the exchange wanted to be identified, because the investigation was ongoing.

Ten players were ejected after the fight, which started when Mardy Collins, a Knicks rookie from Temple, clobbered the Nuggets' J.R. Smith as he was driving for a basket. Four players threw punches and Jared Jeffries has to be restrained from going after Anthony after the Denver star threw a punch that floored Collins.

Anthony apologized yesterday.

Some of the players, and possibly Thomas, are expected to receive suspensions today once the league reviews the MSG tape and interviews players, coaches and security personnel. There is no known NBA precedent for punishing a coach for instigating a fight.

With 1 minute, 32 seconds left, the MSG broadcast focused on Thomas while Denver's Marcus Camby shot free throws. The Nuggets were leading by 117-100. Thomas, standing on the sideline, his arms folded and his jaw tight, bites his lower lip and then starts talking to a Nuggets player. The player is not in the camera shot, but the broadcaster Mike Breen notes that Thomas is talking to Anthony.

There is no audio of Thomas, but he appears to say: "Hey, don't go to the basket right now. It wouldn't be nice." Seconds later, Thomas cocks his head, holds out his right palm and, with a slight smile, adds, "Just letting you know."

Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, confirmed last night that Thomas had told Anthony to stay away from the area under the basket. Andrews indicated that Anthony gave that account to NBA officials earlier yesterday.

The Knicks were off yesterday, and team officials declined to comment on the incident.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/16264801.htm

Chris
12-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Anybody remember "Break his fucking foot"? from a couple of weeks ago? I guess its bad boyz 4 life for Thomas. :lol

bdubya
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Dammit, Zeke. You were a great player; why you gotta be such a bum now? :depressed

alamo50
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Ask MJ what he thinks about Zeke.

jacobdrj
12-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I think it would have been interesting to have watched Isiah play. I heard he was the worst bad boy of them all...

Personaly, I don't think this was all that bad. It stayed on the court. Remember, 1 game suspensions were a big deal until the brawl at the Pallace. Had that stayed on the court, the worst that would have happened was 3 game suspensions, and that would have been considered extreeeeeeeeeemly harsh.

ObiwanGinobili
12-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm so don;t care anymore.

I lost respect for Isaiah after his 1,874,659th stupid ass GM move.

nkdlunch
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Knicks are my least favorite team. fuck em. Spurs should send the Austin Toros to play for them when we play the knicks. Waste of sweat + our guys could get injured. We would still get 2 wins a year.

StylisticS
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Did anybody see the interview with George Karl? Man he was pissed. Wonder if anybody has the unedited version.

PM5K
12-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm so don;t care anymore.

I lost respect for Isaiah after his 1,874,659th stupid ass GM move.

How could you when our team has benefited so much from them?

IceColdBrewski
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, confirmed last night that Thomas had told Anthony to stay away from the area under the basket. Andrews indicated that Anthony gave that account to NBA officials earlier yesterday.

Isn't that considered snitching?

lurker
12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=51534