PDA

View Full Version : Iverson

lessthannick11
12-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Faced with a major rebuilding project, Sixers president and GM Billy King is believed to be asking for expiring contracts, draft picks and young players, in unknown order, in exchange for Allen Iverson. King said the Sixers have received calls from every NBA team but two.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

I am guessing the Spurs make one team

who would you guess would be the other?

Utah?

JGrice02
12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
There is no reason for the Spurs to stay out of the talks. They would never take Iverson back in a trade but to stay out of the talks completely isn't smart. There is an opportunity for the Spurs to send some players to Philly in a 3-team trade. They could send several expiring contracts to Philly and take on a player from a third party who takes Iverson. If they haven't called to at least express that much then they aren't doing their job.

Darkwaters
12-18-2006, 01:55 PM
There is no reason for the Spurs to stay out of the talks. They would never take Iverson back in a trade but to stay out of the talks completely isn't smart. There is an opportunity for the Spurs to send some players to Philly in a 3-team trade. They could send several expiring contracts to Philly and take on a player from a third party who takes Iverson. If they haven't called to at least express that much then they aren't doing their job.

Thats a very good point. Buford is a good enough GM though to know that, and I promise you that he has been actively involved...probably looking for that long SF hopefully to swap out for Williams/Bonner. Udrih could be involved in discussions too...

ducks
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
why would spurs want ai

Mr. Body
12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
If the Spurs can manage to peel away a Rodney Carnery or even a Bobby Jones, or get involved in some other way, no doubt they would.

I doubt 27 teams would want Allen Iverson, but most of them might want to get involved in this similar ways, like gangsters tossing in their weaponry while standing around a table.

Phil Hellmuth
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
a lot of teams admitted no interest (mavs) other than 2.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I want Carney.

Lady M
12-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Faced with a major rebuilding project, Sixers president and GM Billy King is believed to be asking for expiring contracts, draft picks and young players, in unknown order, in exchange for Allen Iverson. King said the Sixers have received calls from every NBA team but two.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

I am guessing the Spurs make one team

who would you guess would be the other?

Utah?
I think the other is philadelphia :D

phxspurfan
12-19-2006, 12:50 AM
I think the other is philadelphia :D

nice

MI21
12-19-2006, 04:59 AM
I want Carney.

Carney apparently has the worst Per 48min RPG of any player over 6'3.

Just what the Spurs need.

phyzik
12-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Its a pretty big assumption that Spurs are one of the 2 that havnt called in on this.....

FromWayDowntown
12-19-2006, 09:10 AM
This is the same Spurs front office that managed to deal Danny Ferry, after he announced his retirement, to Indiana. Of course, that deal netted them Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer, but they're certainly a creative group -- Presti in particular -- and have found ways in the past to accommodate trades that wouldn't have seemed possible before-hand.

I doubt that there's a direct interest in Iverson (though I think they'd be crazy to not at least ask) but the possibility of being the third team, if the right deal is put together, is there.

mountainballer
12-19-2006, 10:10 AM
King said the Sixers have received calls from every NBA team but two.

there likely was no need to call, it might have been the Spurs who have been contacted. (no not about taking AI, just to be part of a multiple players deal)
it was said that the Nuggets called every team in this league that has expiring contracts, to check the options for somehow getting this contracts into the deal with the Sixers.
so they for sure have called the Spurs what it would take to somehow get Williams and/or Bonner.
Spurs are for sure not the ideal third party, but they are an option.
I can't think of much what the Nuggets would have of interest for the Spurs (maybe Najera?, he makes exactly as much as E.Williams. maybe Kleiza? he is a nice prospect who fills some of the Spurs future needs)
from the Sixers side Carney would of course be very interesting, no matter if he isn't the best rebounder of all SFs. (the numbers of Bruce he should still be able to board). he would have so many other qualities, that he would make an impact on this team. but i doubt that the Sixers will try to move him and what would they want from the Spurs? (maybe Beno, this was once rumored in the summer)

WalterBenitez
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
why would spurs want ai Backup TD and starts when Manu is injured, oh ... I forgot SuperStar never start from the bench, my fault