PDA

View Full Version : LMAO of the year: Kobe criticizes Arenas shot selection

ShoogarBear
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16264749.htm

"He doesn't really seem to have that much of a conscience. I really don't think he does. Some of the shots that he took tonight, you miss those and they're just terrible shots, just awful."
He's right, but still, if anyone should talk, it shouldn't be him.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Chris Childs
12-18-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't know what to say

ponky
12-18-2006, 10:25 PM
perfect timing, look at his stats tonight, hahahaha

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
That's like a KKK saying the that word niggar is not nice.

MosesGuthrie
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
"Kettle? Hi, this is pot....."

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-18-2006, 10:47 PM
:lol

and look what else he said. Obviously he was bitter mentioning the freethrows. He gave a lot of words so he was ticked because it reminded him of himself.

Bryant is one of the NBA's better defensive players. Asked why Arenas was able to rack up so many points Sunday night, Bryant said, "First of all, he shot 27 free throws. We as a team shot 30. Think about that."

The Wizards attempted 60 free throws, making 47. The Lakers were 24-of-30 from the line.

"But him individually, it's funny," Bryant said. "He doesn't seem to have much of a conscience. I really don't think he does. Some of the shots he took tonight, you miss those, and they're just terrible shots. Awful.

"You make them and they're unbelievable shots. I don't get a chance to play him much, so I haven't gotten used to that mentality of just chucking it up there. He made some big ones, but I'll be ready next time."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/18/sports/s130921S72.DTL

Arenas is full of himself too. He's just Like Kobe! :lol

"It was bound to happen," he said. "I'm a scorer, so I was going to have one of those days where I was clicking. Most of the time when I've scored 46 in three quarters, we were blowing the other team out, so I didn't get to play in the fourth."

"But tonight was that time. It was a close game and I stayed in. I found the rhythm, especially in the fourth quarter and in overtime, and I never looked back."

phyzik
12-18-2006, 11:19 PM
ummm.... Am I the only one that reads that quote as Kobe saying Arenas is a straight up killer??? IE... NO CONSCIENCE....

I read that as a compliment.

Then again I didn't read the article.

Marklar MM
12-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Arenas is full of himself too. He's just Like Kobe! :lol

Everyone knew that. He had to bitch to get on the all-star team last year...he got in and he totally sucked balls. He was voted in the year before and sucked balls also. He has one of the biggest egos in the NBA along with Shaq.

ShoogarBear
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Nah, read the rest of the quotes.

I also heard the tape. He definitely wasn't complimenting him.

JamStone
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Kobe's hilarious. It's almost as if Kobe knows he being a hypocrite so people will laugh and it will take the limelight off of Arenas' performance. Kobe loves getting top billing and hates being second fiddle.

Kobe has to be bitter. He hates losing. He hates not being the top dog. He doesn't like getting shown up.

But, if he weren't such a hypocrite, his points would be really right on point. Everything he's saying has some merit.

But, it is funny as shit.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Everyone knew that. He had to bitch to get on the all-star team last year...he got in and he totally sucked balls. He was voted in the year before and sucked balls also. He has one of the biggest egos in the NBA along with Shaq.
Yeah when I heard about that last year, I didn't think much of him because I didn't know who he really was, and didn't pay attention to the Wizards much. I thought it was lame he would be all up in arms about not making an ALL-STAR GAME.

Then he must have felt red-faced when he got in by DEFAULT last year. He's another prima-donna type. A remnance of the Jordan wannabes.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Kobe's hilarious. It's almost as if Kobe knows he being a hypocrite so people will laugh and it will take the limelight off of Arenas' performance. Kobe loves getting top billing and hates being second fiddle.

Kobe has to be bitter. He hates losing. He hates not being the top dog. He doesn't like getting shown up.

But, if he weren't such a hypocrite, his points would be really right on point. Everything he's saying has some merit.

But, it is funny as shit.
It's just like when Vince Carter criticized Kobe on his 81 point game.

That's what happens when you get two people so much alike, in terms of arrogant jerks, instead of getting along, they despise their presence. It's hilarious.

Kobe was doing exactly what Arenas was doing all last year. It was hilarious how he said "I'm not familiar with that kind of mentality..." :lmao

cheguevara
12-18-2006, 11:51 PM
what are u talkin about? Arenas ain't a hater

Kobe is a little bitch, remember when he talked about Bell: "I don't know this kid... who is this kid???" motherfucker is a fake ass bitch

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-19-2006, 12:08 AM
what are u talkin about? Arenas ain't a hater

Kobe is a little bitch, remember when he talked about Bell: "I don't know this kid... who is this kid???" motherfucker is a fake ass bitch
I don't think Arenas minds anyone, but he likes the limelight and being the star. He bowed to the LA fans after the game ended :lol

The only thing that's different from Arenas and the Kobe-Jordan wannabes is he's not annoying or a jealous bitch. He seemed cool when he faced off with Lebron last year in the first round.

Agree about Kobe and that Bell crap. There's so many quotes after a game when someone ELSE has ALSO a good performance. He NEVER gives credit to anyone he sees as a threat to him. He'll compliment those he respects (Bowen, Ginobili, the Spurs?), but he's not a gracious loser when it comes to anyone else. He'll downplay a team's victory and make excuses about what HE DID NOT do.

cheguevara
12-19-2006, 12:17 AM
yeah I know about arenas a lot and although he is bizarre he is mostly funny and a good guy. He does have mentality that he always deserves more than he gets, but 99% of NBA players probably have this, he is one of the few that admits it

ShoogarBear
12-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Eh, Arenas is on record as saying how he wants to light up the teams of the coaches that cut him from the Olympic squad (note he didn't say anything about beating them, just scoring a lot of points).

Also, he's had a history of Kobe-like pouts when people criticize his shooting, where he goes for a whole game refusing to shoot at all.

I agree I haven't heard him try to trash other players, though.

RonMexico
12-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Eh, Arenas is on record as saying how he wants to light up the teams of the coaches that cut him from the Olympic squad (note he didn't say anything about beating them, just scoring a lot of points).

Also, he's had a history of Kobe-like pouts when people criticize his shooting, where he goes for a whole game refusing to shoot at all.

I agree I haven't heard him try to trash other players, though.

Gilbert's once of the nicest NBA players I've ever seen. He was the only one at the NBA All-Star Jam Session in Houston who stayed around and signed over 50 jerseys and shoes and threw them to the fans at the Saturday practice. I thought he was a little whiner when he went to Arizona, but he's changed in the league. He's just a generally nice guy, but he does do some of that "I want to light up the other coaches' teams" to give himself some motivation, so I kind of ignore it.

Kobe, on the other hand, got over 30 FTs in his 81 point game and only 2 assists... at least Gilbert racked up 8 assists this game and kept shooting to help his team win - not just get a new record...

Nahtanoj
12-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Kobe, on the other hand, got over 30 FTs in his 81 point game and only 2 assists... at least Gilbert racked up 8 assists this game and kept shooting to help his team win - not just get a new record...

He only had 20 FTA. :)

RonMexico
12-19-2006, 05:05 AM
He only had 20 FTA. :)

Meh, I'm drunk and making up stats...

KB24
12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Haters

Fabbs
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Meh, I'm drunk and making up stats...
A good game to compare Kobes hypocrisy to this game is the Kobsters 62 pts vs Dallas.

Kobe 25 FTA in 3 qtrs.
Mavs 30 FTA entire game. (Not sure how many after 3 qtrs for Mavs)

timvp
12-19-2006, 12:03 PM

Oh man, that's awesome. :rollin

JMarkJohns
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
A good game to compare Kobes hypocrisy to this game is the Kobsters 62 pts vs Dallas.

Kobe 25 FTA in 3 qtrs.
Mavs 30 FTA entire game. (Not sure how many after 3 qtrs for Mavs)

Yeah... there were three more where he shot 20-or-more free throws and was within a half-a-dozen of the other teams total and another where he actually attempted more himself than the other team... all just from last year.

Maybe he happened to be looking in a mirror when he was saying these comments :rolleyes :spin

angel_luv
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM

:lol

Medvedenko
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
He was asked about the comments on a ESPN radio station in Chicago and basically said he was complimenting Agent Zero on his plays....no hate....

alamo50
12-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I already knew nobody, except piss and purple lovers, took Kobe seriously, but now he finaly states he does not even take himself seriously.

What a freakin' loser.

:loser

KB24
12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I already knew nobody, except piss and purple lovers, took Kobe seriously, but now he finaly states he does not even take himself seriously.

What a freakin' loser.

:loser

Damm U Texas Folk can HATE!!

ALVAREZ6
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Arenas does take way too many hsots per game. That's rediculous.

He must take like 10 3's per game.

slayermin
12-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Damm U Texas Folk can HATE!!

It's not just folks from Texas who are laughing at Kobe.

Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN nominated him for their weekly "JUST SHUT UP" award along with TO, Jim Mora, and Isiah Thomas/Grapple in the Apple as the biggest foot in mouth boneheads for the week.

I voted for Kobe.

PaceMonster
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
He's mad because it reminds him of his old self