PDA

View Full Version : Houston-area rapist preys on men

thepeopleslawyer
12-19-2006, 12:36 AM
what a sick fuck

Houston-area rapist preys on men
POSTED: 6:05 p.m. EST, December 18, 2006

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- A rapist who preys on young men has struck five times in the Houston area since mid-September, and police said Monday there may be even more victims who are too ashamed to come forward.

The rapist typically stalks, robs and sexually assaults his victims at gunpoint, apparently choosing them at random and attacking them near or inside their homes, police said. The most recent attack was November 30.

"I wish we had a link between the victims, because we might have a better chance of catching him," said Lt. Richard Whitaker of the police department in Baytown, where two of the attacks took place. "We don't have any affirmative links at all."

He said some victims may be reluctant to come forward because of their ages and "a pride thing" that makes men more reluctant to acknowledge being the victim of a sex crime.

Investigators believe rape is the motive, even though some victims were robbed. DNA testing is under way in an effort to identify the attacker.

In some cases, the attacker approached his victim outside their home. Other times, he broke into the home.

"I think he just sees one that he prefers, and then he begins to follow them and gather information, finding out where they live and watching their house," Whitaker said.

Victims have described the attacker as a clean-shaven black man, 18 to 21 years old, 5-foot-6 to 6 feet tall, with a shaved head.

The victims have all been men in their late teens.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/18/male.rapes.ap/index.html

Fillmoe
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Its Judson

Lady Marmalade
12-19-2006, 12:57 PM
That's gotta be painful.... He's ramming his **** in these guys a** and if they are straight then they probably haven't tried it like that... And you need to ease into a**

Ballcox
12-19-2006, 01:13 PM
^ LOL :lol

I was just thinking about that line from Office Space after I read the article.

sa_butta
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
He said some victims may be reluctant to cum forward because of their ages and "a pride thing" that makes men more reluctant to acknowledge being the victim of a sex crime.

ORION
12-19-2006, 01:29 PM
when did Batman move to Houston ?

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Does anyone else find it disturbing that we are making fun of this situation because it has to do with a guy getting raped by a guy? What kind of comments would you be making if this was about some young girls getting raped?

Lady Marmalade, this would be the equivalent to what you just said, "I hope he used lube cause those girl's young pussies are tight and you don't want to tear anything by just shoving it in a dry crotch".

Now don't get me wrong, I love to joke about anything and everything, I just think its fucked up how much of a double standard there is and wanted to point that out. That is all.

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
So does this make these guys homos now?

CuckingFunt
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Does anyone else find it disturbing that we are making fun of this situation because it has to do with a guy getting raped by a guy? What kind of comments would you be making if this was about some young girls getting raped?

Lady Marmalade, this would be the equivalent to what you just said, "I hope he used lube cause those girl's young pussies are tight and you don't want to tear anything by just shoving it in a dry crotch".

Now don't get me wrong, I love to joke about anything and everything, I just think its fucked up how much of a double standard there is and wanted to point that out. That is all.
:dizzy

I agree with Sanity? Wow.

Jekka
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM

I was just about to say something about these lines. The double standard is pretty fucked up, as if men need it to be even more difficult to come forward after being violated like this. Only 1 in 25 male rapes are reported, and part of the reason is because assholes like you all fun of it.

And thepeopleslawyer, does the fact that he's raping men make him particularly "sick", or was this a random choice of rape articles?

ObiwanGinobili
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I was just about to say something about these lines. The double standard is pretty fucked up, as if men need it to be even more difficult to come forward after being violated like this. Only 1 in 25 male rapes are reported, and part of the reason is because assholes like you all fun of it.

And thepeopleslawyer, does the fact that he's raping men make him particularly "sick", or was this a random choice of rape articles?

this is what I was thinking.
does this guy raping Men make him sicker than a guy who rapes woman.

although I would liek to give Lady Marmalade the benefit fo the doiubt and say her coment was just about the fact taht Anus's are getting intruded apon. Which is essentially an exit only oriface no matter the sex of the person being assaulted - it would be awful.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM

I'm not going to disagree with you, Jess, but it's almost the chicken/egg argument, too.

Granted, serial rapists tend to get media attention regardless of the gender of the victims, but rarely do they get national attention for a regional story. I first learned about this story through MSNBC.

They're so rarely reported in that they almost become an anomaly, which in turn, leads to enhanced media coverage, etc., etc.

Knowing what you deal with through your work, Jess, I would always want to know what you know (for instance, I knew many weren't reported, but I didn't realize it was around 25:1).

Jekka
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to disagree with you, Jess, but it's almost the chicken/egg argument, too.

Granted, serial rapists tend to get media attention regardless of the gender of the victims, but rarely do they get national attention for a regional story. I first learned about this story through MSNBC.

They're so rarely reported in that they almost become an anomaly, which in turn, leads to enhanced media coverage, etc., etc.

Knowing what you deal with through your work, Jess, I would always want to know what you know (for instance, I knew many weren't reported, but I didn't realize it was around 25:1).
I'm definitely not knocking the story for becoming national news - I think it's good the issue of male rape is getting some press. I just thought it was interesting that this offender in particular has the title of "sick fuck" as opposed to all of the other rape stories involving women (or men) that have been circulated. Most rapists, unless it's a really high-profile case that authorities catch early on, commit more than ten assaults before they ever see jail time - this is not to belittle the story at hand, but rather to prove that the crime is so taboo that we generally ignore it unless it's something people consider an "unusually sick" case like this one.

thepeopleslawyer
12-21-2006, 12:50 AM

No, it does not. My comments would have applied regardless of who the victim was, could have been a 3 year old girl, 60 year old lady or his preference of teenage boys. I will admit however, that I posted the article because the topic is seen as taboo, as mentioned in this thread, and I particularly thought it merited some attention since we don't very often hear of such cases.

ObiwanGinobili
12-21-2006, 10:35 AM
No, it does not. My comments would have applied regardless of who the victim was, could have been a 3 year old girl, 60 year old lady or his preference of teenage boys. I will admit however, that I posted the article because the topic is seen as taboo, as mentioned in this thread, and I particularly thought it merited some attention since we don't very often hear of such cases.

agreed.
it saddens me that these instances are so under reported. Also the article mentions there may be more , unreported, victims. If they came forward the cops could be that much closer to catchign this guy.

tlongII
12-21-2006, 12:49 PM
He must be attacking little dudes. Hopefully he tries it on the wrong guy and ends up as a dead former rapist.

tlongII
12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I'd also like to advise Sequ not to travel to Houston anytime soon.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I'd also like to advise Sequ not to travel to Houston anytime soon.
As if someone would want to rape Sequ :rolleyes

bigzak25
12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
you never know, being known as the 'little asshole on spurstalk' might finally come back to haunt him...

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2006, 01:01 PM
you never know, being known as the 'little asshole on spurstalk' might finally come back to haunt him...:lol