PDA

View Full Version : Turkoglu nails 21

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 01:28 AM
why couldn't he play like he did against the Hornets for us last year, punk

ChumpDumper
11-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Sure could've used him against Odom, but not for that money. Jesus.

TheWriter
11-06-2004, 01:53 AM
21 tonight 6 tomorrow.

No thanks.

taruky
11-06-2004, 05:11 AM
:lol I will laugh my tail off if Hedo has a great season and the Spurs go down. Although in reality I think you guys are heavy favorites to go all the way. Hedo's in great shape, though, and scoring on 3's, midrange jumpers, and drives. The Spurs just wanted a spot-up shooter, he was not a fit. He looks much more comfortable on the Magic from what I've seen so far this season. Both parties are happily remarried.

Slomo
11-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Hey Taruky! Long time no read! Come by more often.

Blind Witness
11-06-2004, 05:28 AM
The man has completely turned his career around! No more of his inconsistencies, this has been a season to remember. Oh yeah! He's proven himself. He is undoubtably the MIP.
Tear up that cheap azz contract! He needs to hold out so that he can get what he's worth and be able to feed his family.
Damn, I'm glad the NBA season is 2 games long!

Rummpd
11-06-2004, 06:40 AM
See playoffs if they somehow get that far = then he will choke again. For this guy to get in Pop's doghouse is significant as Pop had a lovefest for him all year.

Softest player with wasted talent (maybe Big Dog Robinson or Webber also in this catagory) in the NBA. :smokin

MadDoc

fonzy16
11-06-2004, 08:04 AM
The man has completely turned his career around! No more of his inconsistencies, this has been a season to remember. Oh yeah! He's proven himself. He is undoubtably the MIP.
Tear up that cheap azz contract! He needs to hold out so that he can get what he's worth and be able to feed his family.
Damn, I'm glad the NBA season is 2 games long!

MIP? Missing in playoffs?

SpursFanInAustin
11-06-2004, 09:03 AM
:lol I will laugh my tail off if Hedo has a great season and the Spurs go down. Although in reality I think you guys are heavy favorites to go all the way. Hedo's in great shape, though, and scoring on 3's, midrange jumpers, and drives. The Spurs just wanted a spot-up shooter, he was not a fit. He looks much more comfortable on the Magic from what I've seen so far this season. Both parties are happily remarried.

Hedo SHOULD do well, since he's on a team that's not expected to do anything. There's no pressure for him. When he's on a title contender like the Spurs or Kings who are expected to make a run at a championship year after year, Hedo is nowhere to be found when the Heat gets turned up.

Brodels
11-06-2004, 09:08 AM

More than anything, the Spurs needed a playoff performer. Hopefully Barry will get the job done. He's certainly more than just a spot up shooter. Barry also distributes the ball and finished at the rim.

And Barry can also perform without having to have his ego stroked. The Spurs need flexible players who can consistently fill roles. Hedo wasn't that player.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 11:06 AM
i just dont buy into him not being able to preform on a good team because of confidence, i think it was that he just didnt want to be here, i cant understand why pop would love this kid

SequSpur
11-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Hedo blows.

Nikos
11-06-2004, 11:48 AM
I will laugh my tail off if Hedo has a great season and the Spurs go down.

Were you even a Spurs fan at all? Are any other spurs even in your top 5 list of fav players? What does Hedo having a great season have to do with Spurs?

taruky
11-06-2004, 11:50 AM
That's just not true that Hedo "didn't want to be here". I think he was happy. I think pressure and confidence for sure were issues, and I don't deny that he choked. But I also think that, whether real or imagined, Hedo felt like his only job offensively was to hit the three, and he's just not a pure shooter. It's funny, but Hedo is consistently overrated in the press as a terrific shooter and underrated in his defense and ability to slash. For whatever reason with the Magic (maybe because he's in better shape) he's playing more like he did his first couple seasons, mixing it up.

Congratulations on Barry, I think he fits great with the Spurs. He is more than a spot up shooter because he's a natural guard and plays some point for you guys.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 11:55 AM
exactly, thank you on the Barry part Taurky but i have a question, if you just conceeded everything, then why would you dislike spurs fans and hope we go down?

Your right about Hedo defensivley, but dude misses lay-ups routinley, no way he is a great slasher.

taruky
11-06-2004, 11:57 AM
And heck no I'm not a Spurs fan when Hedo's not on the team. I'm from the DC area for goodness sake, I fricking hate almost anything Texan (including that dirt bag in the oval office). But while Hedo was on the team I sure as heck did root for all the players and wished them well. I don't hate the Spurs, though. At least not like the Cowboys.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Taurky, first off George W. Bush is not a dirt bag, second Texans arent all that bad, i used to be one, Geroge W. Bush is just a naive and idiotic puppet to the real dirt bag, Mr. Halliburton.

And its to bad you cant be a spurs fan with Hedo off the team, i cant switch my allegince once i pledge it to a franchise, i have tried to stop liking the bills for years but i cant help it.

timvp
11-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Welcome back, taruky. At least stick around some, even if you don't like the Spurs no mo'.

SpursWoman
11-06-2004, 08:33 PM
MIP? Missing in playoffs?

:lmao

mattyc
11-06-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't think Hedo will ever fufill his talent. He just lacks the balls and brains to do it.

taruky
11-07-2004, 12:37 AM
He he. Again, honestly I don't dislike the Spurs. After the Wizards and Magic I'll probably root for you guys to win it all. Which means I'll probably end up rooting for you guys to win it all :lol . Actually I agree that Bush is really not the culprit. He's not the brains behind it all.

Speaking of Hedo not finishing, he must have read this forum today. Did you guys see him facial Okafor on ESPN's top 10? This guy is all about confidence, man. He's playing very well right now, but I'm just waiting for his next 2-9 game to send him into a tailspin. Maybe he'll change, who knows. But if anyone doubted his talent check out these last couple games.

mattyc
11-07-2004, 12:43 AM
But if anyone doubted his talent check out these last couple games.
I don't doubt his talent. I doubt his mental hardiness to play to his ability.

Rick Von Braun
11-07-2004, 02:03 AM
I don't doubt his talent. I doubt his mental hardiness to play to his ability.
Bingo! http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif