AFC special teams

P Brian Moorman Bills
K Nate Kaeding Chargers
KR Justin Miller Jets
Special teams Kassim Osgood Chargers

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 07:03 PM
I count Nine Chargers :clap

Shaun Phillips got a little unlucky to be left off the roster with his 11.5 sacks. The league must have thought sending 10 chargers to the Pro Bowl would be a bit overboard. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Now that I think about it, its fucking bullshit.
Lets compare Suggs and Phillips head to head.
Phillips and Suggs have identical tackle stats.
Phillips has 4 forced fumbles to Suggs 2.
Phillips has 11.5 sacks to Suggs 8.

Can anyone explain this to me?

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Five Chargers also received enough votes from players, coaches and fans to be named either a first or second alternate. Guard Kris Dielman, tackle Marcus McNeill and punter Mike Scifres are first alternates and defensive end Luis Castillo and linebacker Shaun Phillips are second alternates. Alternates participate in the game if players selected ahead of them are unable to play due to injury.

NorCal510
12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
no one cares okay

TheSanityAnnex
12-19-2006, 07:56 PM
no one cares about me okay

dirk4mvp
12-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Pacman didn't make it?! :madrun

Fillmoe
12-19-2006, 11:31 PM
great the whole afc team is gonna be juiced up

stretch
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM

Shaun Phillips got a little unlucky to be left off the roster with his 11.5 sacks. The league must have thought sending 10 chargers to the Pro Bowl would be a bit overboard. :lol
thats great to hear. now lets see if they can win a superbowl, because thats what really matters. not having pro-bowl players.

PixelPusher
12-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Add Shaun Phillips and replace Rivers with Tom Brady. Problem solved.

Borosai
12-20-2006, 12:53 AM
I would take Lee Evans over any receiver other than Marvin Harrison...he will get his chance next year though...he's too good to not go.

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Add Shaun Phillips and replace Rivers with Tom Brady. Problem solved.

And what stats would put Tom Brady ahead of Phillip Rivers? Care to expand?

stretch
12-20-2006, 09:56 AM
And what stats would put Tom Brady ahead of Phillip Rivers? Care to expand?
the fact that he is a better QB, has consistently put up solid stats, and has a history of being a proven winner.

MosesGuthrie
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Brady: 3055yds, 22tds, 12int, 86.1 rating
Rivers: 2976yds, 18tds, 8int, 91.5 rating.

They each are better than the other in two of the main QB categories. Looks pretty even to me. A case could be made for both as they are IMO both deserving of this honor.

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
the fact that he is a better QB, has consistently put up solid stats, and has a history of being a proven winner.And he was rewarded Pro Bowls in his previous seasons for doing such. Take a look at their stats and records this year.

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Brady: 3055yds, 22tds, 12int, 86.1 rating
Rivers: 2976yds, 18tds, 8int, 91.5 rating.

They each are better than the other in two of the main QB categories. Looks pretty even to me. A case could be made for both as they are IMO both deserving of this honor.

I agree that they are both deserving as well. And I actually think Brady should get the spot over Palmer mainly due to the position he's put his team in. But to say Brady of Rivers just doesn't make sense to me.

MosesGuthrie
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
That is a big problem I have with the Pro Bowl...too often a players history is considered rather than just the current season.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Pro Bowl voting is gay. Having said that, Rivers is more deserving then Brady based on the fact that Rivers is the quarterback for the best team in the league. Look for Brady to make another early exit from the playoffs.

MosesGuthrie
12-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Which part is gay? The fans voting, the coaches or the players?

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Which part is gay? The fans voting, the coaches or the players?

I personally think it should be GM's and coaches that vote and that is it, in all sports. The GM's and the coaches are the ones that study the talent and players the most, they are the most knowledgable. We all know that fans know basically nothing (I don't think anyone will argue with me on that one) and PERSONALLY, I think the players get as much info watching ESPN as they do watching films (IN MY OPINION). But I think the GM's and the coaches are the only ones that actually "know" the talent of most all the players in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of the selections for the pro bowl, I just think it's very over rated. How many players are judged at the end of their careers for how many pro bowls they played in? Not many. Furthermore, how many pro bowls have you actually watched over the last few years?

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Nevermind about how many players are judged at the end of their careers by pro bowls. I just remembered how many times I've heard that when players stats are discussed.

I still think the pro bowl is dumb though.

MosesGuthrie
12-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I personally think it should be GM's and coaches that vote and that is it, in all sports.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I don't mind players involved but you had a good point about them. Fans are loyal to their teams and players and should be but that comes across in their voting and that shouldn't be.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't mind that at all. I don't mind players involved but you had a good point about them. Fans are loyal to their teams and players and should be but that comes across in their voting and that shouldn't be.

However, Pro-Bowl's, All-Star's and all these sort of events serve as good subjects for sports debates. So in the end, it certainly is entertaining.

MosesGuthrie
12-21-2006, 11:54 AM
That is usually all that is entertaining about them! :lol

Slinkyman
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
The AFC just needs 2 teams, hell just get rid of the NFC pro bowl team all together. Didn't Jeff garcia make the NFC pro bowl? :lol

BUMP
12-24-2006, 01:01 PM
The AFC just needs 2 teams, hell just get rid of the NFC pro bowl team all together. Didn't Jeff garcia make the NFC pro bowl? :lol

Broncos are 1-2 vs the NFC, and its the garbage NFC West of all divisions.

lolizzzzle :p:

Slinkyman
12-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Broncos are 1-2 vs the NFC, and its the garbage NFC West of all divisions.

lolizzzzle :p:

7 of the last 9 superbowls! 7 of the last 9 have been won by the AFC! complete domination over the past 9, soon to be 10 years. :lol