View Full Version : why isnt butterbean in the ufc

dallaskd
12-19-2006, 06:58 PM
the guy kicks ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwY8gt1RMyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-ZOmKfV1o

IX_Equilibrium
12-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Because he is nothing more than a gimmick fighter.

Put him in the ring with a proven MMA fighter (not some ex pro wrestling hack like Sean O'Haire) and he would either get submitted or legkicked until his femur would shatter.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Kimbo would beat his ass to a pulp.

IX_Equilibrium
12-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Kimbo would beat his ass to a pulp.

Kimbo sucks too, and wouldn't last too long in an MMA match.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Kimbo sucks too, and wouldn't last too long in an MMA match.

Right, but he'd make Butterbean his bitch.

LEONARD
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
1. He'd have to cut 135 lbs to make weight.

2. He just got KO'd by this spare...
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=10924

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I saw Butterbean fight live in Denver at the Pepsi Center about 6 years ago. Dude threw the wildest, hardest haymaker I've ever seen. Caught the dude he was fighting in the side of the head and just folded him. It was the funniest fight I've ever seen.

desflood
12-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Speaking of the UFC..

"Rampage" Signs with UFC, Fights Eastman in Feb.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
by Josh Gross ([email protected])

Brash light heavyweight Quinton Jackson (Pictures), whose promotional contract was recently purchased by Zuffa, signed a two-fight deal with the UFC on Friday, Sherdog.com has learned.

"Rampage" will make his UFC debut Feb. 3 on pay-per-view versus Las Vegan Marvin Eastman (Pictures), Jackson's manager and trainer Juanito Ibarra confirmed Friday evening.

Jackson's deal, which runs through July 2007, reads similar to the one he signed with the World Fighting Alliance in March, including bonuses for pay-per-view and other ancillary items not normally associated with UFC deals.

Ibarra declined to divulge any financial terms, and said he doesn't expect Jackson to fight UFC champion Chuck Liddell (Pictures) before July. The UFC has the right to match any offer Jackson fields when his contract expires, Ibarra said.

In just the third bout of his career, Jackson (25-6-0) lost to Eastman (13-6-1) by decision in a King of the Cage-promoted contest. The 28-year-old from Memphis, Tenn. would eventually star in Japan's PRIDE Fighting Championships, where he lost two epic wars against champion Wanderlei Silva (Pictures). It was also in Japan that Jackson scored his career-defining stoppage over Liddell during a PRIDE Grand Prix semifinal bout in 2003.

Because of that victory, it was long believed that Jackson was a target of the UFC. Yet when "Rampage" joined the WFA, a rematch seemed unlikely. That immediately changed after the UFC purchased fighter contracts from the struggling promotional company's stable; UFC president Dana White said in media reports that Jackson was impetus for the acquisitions.

Jackson will be in Las Vegas next weekend to watch Liddell defend his title against Tito Ortiz (Pictures).

LEONARD
12-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm so glad to see Rampage in the UFC...they were out of contenders at 205 lbs after Tito...

Couture to return if Tito wins??
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3162

I'm pulling for Tito...

1. Tito vs Couture would be cool to see again (even though Randy is way past him prime)

2. Rampage can still fight Chuck

3. Chuck vs Wand / Shogun / etc is more likely if he doesn't have the title (I don't see Dana putting Chuck's belt on the line against a current Pride fighter)

4. I'm tired of Chuck's mohawk :lol

desflood
12-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm so glad to see Rampage in the UFC...they were out of contenders at 205 lbs after Tito...

You're right about that. Rashad Evans and possibly Keith Jardine, in a couple of years maybe... It hurts me to say it, but as much as I like the guy, Forrest Griffin will never be championship material (what can I say - I've always had a thing for redheads :lol ) Vera might take it if he dropped, but that looks doubtful. Who else is there besides Babalu, who already lost his shot?

LEONARD
12-23-2006, 04:12 PM
You're right about that. Rashad Evans and possibly Keith Jardine, in a couple of years maybe... It hurts me to say it, but as much as I like the guy, Forrest Griffin will never be championship material (what can I say - I've always had a thing for redheads :lol ) Vera might take it if he dropped, but that looks doubtful. Who else is there besides Babalu, who already lost his shot?

Jack and squat :oops

Forrest is entertaining, but really sloppy...

Rashad needs to lose...SOON.

Shogun, Wand, Arona, Little Nog, Overeem, Nak...bring em all over :fro

dallaskd
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
why not? butterbean went toe to toe with cabbage MMA style and won...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDA8HxpuA-E

and he can win in pride so why not ufc?

Id love to see butterbean vs tim sylvia.sylvia is a big pussy. i like arlovski though i would like to see him go vs sylvia again but they have already gone too many times. you guys are saying lightweight has no competition, heavywieghts has the weakest field in the UFC. I dont get Dana White its like he dosent like pride guys or something half of those pride fighters would whoop ufc guys.

stevallica
12-23-2006, 05:18 PM
just because he can knock out johnny knoxville doesnt mean he can be a ufc champ.

desflood
12-23-2006, 05:57 PM
why not? butterbean went toe to toe with cabbage MMA style and won...
There are a couple of things you should know about that fight:

1. Butterbean would only fight under special rules, the main rule being if Cabbage took him to the ground, the ref had to stand it back up after 15 seconds, so it wasn't like an actual mma match at all.

2. Cabbage actually broke his arm just a few minutes before the fight, and went out and fought anyway.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
He's all power

nothing else
he would get owned in a non boxing type fight

dallaskd
12-23-2006, 06:53 PM
so id still like to see him in the ufc.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-23-2006, 06:59 PM
He'd get fucking rocked dude
especially with pussy ass ufc rules and weight classes

LEONARD
12-23-2006, 08:48 PM
He's all power

nothing else
he would get owned in a non boxing type fight

FYI...he HAS fought quite a few MMA fights...

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=9394

he trains with American Top Team...

He'd get fucking rocked dude
especially with pussy ass ufc rules and weight classes

You prefer the early days of the UFC?? :rolleyes

dallaskd
12-23-2006, 10:29 PM
see hes won 5 fights by submission so dont tell me hes all power and would tap out if it went to the ground

LEONARD
12-24-2006, 09:45 AM
see hes won 5 fights by submission so dont tell me hes all power and would tap out if it went to the ground

He's no ground expert...in his words he's learned enough to be able to get back to his feet...

He probably got a choke after knocking a guy senseless...

and you can win via submission from strikes too...

Sacramental
12-24-2006, 07:16 PM
who the UFC needs is CROCOP!

cornbread
12-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Butterbean is way too fat for UFC. He could probably hang with some of their HWs though.