PDA

View Full Version : Maggette Deal Will More Than Likely Not Happen

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Dunleavy: No Maggette deal imminent
By ART THOMPSON III
The Orange County Register
EL SEGUNDO – Although the Clippers passed on their opportunity to acquire guard Allen Iverson, who now is a Denver Nugget, it probably will not stifle chatter regarding a possible trade of the Clippers' Corey Maggette.

But Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy on Tuesday reined in any thoughts that a deal regarding Maggette or any other Clippers player was imminent.

"I don't feel we need to do anything, unless there was an opportunity we couldn't pass up that presented itself," Dunleavy said.

Maggette, who is not enamored of his role of coming off the bench, has made it clear that it probably would be better for him to be traded.

Although he considers himself a starting player, Maggette volunteered to come off the bench during the first week of the season after talking with Dunleavy.

However, Maggette assumed that meant he would play 30-plus minutes in a sixth-man role. Six Clippers, however, are averaging more minutes than Maggette's 25 per game.

But Maggette's trade desires do not coincide with those of Dunleavy or Elgin Baylor, the Clippers vice president of basketball operations.

"We'll do whatever is best for us, regarding all personnel decisions," Dunleavy said.

Although the Clippers are mired in a four-game losing streak and are three games below .500 heading into tonight's game against Toronto, guard Sam Cassell said the trade rumors have not had affected the team's play.

"We're in Hollywood," Cassell said.

"There's always going to be rumors."

HURTIN' THING

Dunleavy has found it nearly impossible lately to conduct any semblance of a full practice because of injuries.

Cassell, (plantar fasciitis, left foot), center Chris Kaman (hip pointer), forward Tim Thomas (bruised left elbow) and center-forward Aaron Williams (lower back and knee pain) watched practice.

"We haven't been able to scrimmage five-on-five, which has hurt us in games, execution-wise," Dunleavy said.

"But I'm sure there are other teams having the same type of problems."

The Clippers trail the Pacific Division-leading Phoenix Suns by 71/2 games.

"There's still plenty of time for us to make up ground," Dunleavy said. "Discouraged? No but we're disappointed. We feel we're better than what we've shown."

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/pros/abox/article_1388206.php

awktalk
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
damn

Tippecanoe
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
wtf? bumping an article from 2006?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
^ I know, I was like 'wtf I don't remember posting this'.